• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
just because xhaka is calling for it doesnt mean the goalkeeper has to keep his brain aside.. it was the stupidest pass possible
I agree that Leno doesn't have to cast aside his brain. He was brave/stupid/blind/daring (delete as appropriate or add your own adjective) to pass to a technically deficient, easily pressed, slow minded and slow footed plodder and dressing room leader (God help us) who demanded the ball. Xhaka was better when Arteta moved him away from the ball last season.
Ps Are you Manberg? I just don't want to waste too much time. Thanks.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I agree that Leno doesn't have to cast aside his brain. He was brave/stupid/blind/daring (delete as appropriate or add your own adjective) to pass to a technically deficient, easily pressed, slow minded and slow footed plodder and dressing room leader (God help us) who demanded the ball. Xhaka was better when Arteta moved him away from the ball last season.
Ps Are you Manberg? I just don't want to waste too much time. Thanks.
its more on the manager who insists on brain-dead mindnumbing repetitive routines without creative flexibility. He learnt one trick from Guardiola and he treats it as the holy grail.

As you say a first time pass or hoof clears the danger. Thats the job of the guy facing the field...Leno needs to put distance on that pass. We were 1:0 up and heading into half time. I cant understand why people are defending this moronic playing out of the back and the total ineptness shown, just because it gives them another stick to beat the one bloody midfielder left at Arsenal who is half decent and fit. Shall we talk about Ceballos one touch passing and idiotic blunders?

Dont try to get personal ... better a manberg than the bumsquad ganging up like little twerps against anyone speaking differently, in the anonymity of an online forum.

kash2

What? So Xhaka should only be passed to in a very small and limited set of perfect circumstances? So we play every match with 10 men and a handsome cone? 🤔
this whole 3rd centreback tactic with the DM dropping in is so obvious now...just mindlessly repeating it will invite trouble. Still I dont have the time to teach you football.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
its more on the manager who insists on brain-dead mindnumbing repetitive routines without creative flexibility. He learnt one trick from Guardiola and he treats it as the holy grail.

As you say a first time pass or hoof clears the danger. Thats the job of the guy facing the field...Leno needs to put distance on that pass. We were 1:0 up and heading into half time. I cant understand why people are defending this moronic playing out of the back and the total ineptness shown, just because it gives them another stick to beat the one bloody midfielder left at Arsenal who is half decent and fit. Shall we talk about Ceballos one touch passing and idiotic blunders?

Dont try to get personal ... better a manberg than the bumsquad ganging up like little twerps against anyone speaking differently, in the anonymity of an online forum.
Not getting personal and no need for you to swear. If you are Manberg, just say so and I will avoid you as past experience shows we rate different things. You made some interesting observations but I can't be bothered with your aggression and intransigence.

Iceman10

Established Member

Personal stuff aside, I think that was a top post by @Mrs Bergkamp. Watch the Curtis Shaw video. Most of the top teams do the same with aiming to draw and beat the press to then have the space behind the press to exploit. The problem is just execution, in this case purely with Xhaka, not Leno. You can’t blame Leno for doing something encouraged by the manager on the training pitch.

kash2

Personal stuff aside, I think that was a top post by @Mrs Bergkamp. Watch the Curtis Shaw video. Most of the top teams do the same with aiming to draw and beat the press to then have the space behind the press to exploit. The problem is just execution, in this case purely with Xhaka, not Leno. You can’t blame Leno for doing something encouraged by the manager on the training pitch.
jeez...why do you want to draw the press as you head towards half time with a 1:0 lead.... havent you been playing in a clowncarcrash arsenal team for the past year? Why does blame have to be assigned to individuals? Its the bloody braindead mentality and lack of game intelligence. Any arsenal fan could see where this was going and was hating this fannying about playing out from the back, specially with a backline that never has seemed settled.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
I watched the Curtis video and thought it was quite balanced despite his anger. You probably recall Antonio Valencia at Utd. He literally did the same thing with his kick and rush football and was mostly impossible to stop. Any team can hoof but we needed a lot of practice playing out from the back. I still think Arteta could have restrained his determination to do this all the time, but we should be able to do this on our sleep going forward-provided one man stays away from the ball when we're transitioning :lol:
What did I say that was personal?

Iceman10

Established Member
jeez...why do you want to draw the press as you head towards half time with a 1:0 lead.... havent you been playing in a clowncarcrash arsenal team for the past year?

If you want to moan about an attempted sequence of play that most of the top PL clubs routinely do, albeit in this case with poor execution by Xhaka, blame the manager if you want, not Leno.

Iceman10

Established Member
I watched the Curtis video and thought it was quite balanced despite his anger. You probably recall Antonio Valencia at Utd. He literally did the same thing with his kick and rush football and was mostly impossible to stop. Any team can hoof but we needed a lot of practice playing out from the back. I still think Arteta could have restrained his determination to do this all the time, but we should be able to do this on our sleep going forward-provided one man stays away from the ball when we're transitioning :lol:
What did I say that was personal?

Well, @kash2 complained about Manberg being brought up, so as he took offence to that I didn’t want to take sides in whatever dispute there was with that. 😄 Your posts above were great.

kash2

If you want to moan about an attempted sequence of play that most of the top PL clubs routinely do, albeit in this case with poor execution by Xhaka, blame the manager if you want, not Leno.
"top PL clubs" not all clubs. "routinely do" not 'always do' . if people cant understand risk-reward ratio and game situation, then no point even discussing. Its not some practice ground exercise that this "passing out from back" has to be drilled all the time.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Well, @kash2 complained about Manberg being brought up, so as he took offence to that I didn’t want to take sides in whatever dispute there was with that. 😄 Your posts above were great.
Fair enough. It was a genuine question. I've enjoyed being able to post an honest opinion in this thread after Manberg left and if it was him, I'd just avoid his posts in the interest of forum harmony. I had a conversation with @blaze_of_glory that was really good and never got personal even though we didn't agree on much at all :lol:
Thanks for likes 👍

Iceman10

Established Member
"top PL clubs" not all clubs. "routinely do" not 'always do' . if people cant understand risk-reward ratio and game situation, then no point even discussing. Its not some practice ground exercise that this "passing out from back" has to be drilled all the time.

How does this rebut the point that if it is encouraged by the manager, to be like Pep with City, that would be on the manager and not Leno?

kash2

How does this rebut the point that if it is encouraged by the manager, to be like Pep with City, that would be on the manager and not Leno?
Leno has hoofed the ball plenty of times...its not like he will be taken out to the back and shot if he does this.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Well atleast the Xhaka time bomb has been reset. If we can kinda work around it and have it go off in the prem matches instead of europa matches going forward- then yeah happy days.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Don't mind @kash2 he is the classic Xhaka acolyte. It's never Xhaka's fault, it's everyone around him that lets him down. Xhaka can come out and apologise and @kash2 Will tell you the grass was too long

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom