• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Martin Ødegaard: Öde To Joy

Will Ødegaard get over 10 G/A in the Premier League this season?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Was decent performance not sure why we took him off just allowed Burnley to control the midfield maybe saving him for Thursday seeing ESR might not be ready yet

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Think we need him in a deeper role atm and ditch Xhaka for now. I'm sure Partey can do the defensive side well enough on his own and MO can take that playmaker role with ESR further forward.
With Partey and Saka on the wings, MO-Partey-ESR in the middle, we would be creating chance after chance and dominate games.
Whatever Arteta is doing with his double pivot idea, it's clearly not working and we've been dogshit for most of the season. Such a frustrating manager to have here

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Think we need him in a deeper role atm and ditch Xhaka for now. I'm sure Partey can do the defensive side well enough on his own and MO can take that playmaker role with ESR further forward.
With Partey and Saka on the wings, MO-Partey-ESR in the middle, we would be creating chance after chance and dominate games.
Whatever Arteta is doing with his double pivot idea, it's clearly not working and we've been dogshit for most of the season. Such a frustrating manager to have here
Difficult because Ødegaard doesn't have the body strength to play as CM but won't mind try that

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Difficult because Ødegaard doesn't have the body strength to play as CM but won't mind try that
If I remember correctly, Fabregas did well with us having similar strength. I can give you like 10 more solid examples, but think that one should be enough. Strength is just one of the attributes in football, and it's definitely not the one that will make all the difference, especially when it comes to technical players

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
If I remember correctly, Fabregas did well with us having similar strength. I can give you like 10 more solid examples, but think that one should be enough. Strength is just one of the attributes in football, and it's definitely not the one that will make all the difference, especially when it comes to technical players
Cazorla too but he was too good with both his feets the problem imo Partey isn't 100% ready to try that

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Cazorla too but he was too good with both his feets the problem imo Partey isn't 100% ready to try that
I think Partey will be ready for that role before we reach later rounds of the EL.

The thing with MO is that he will never be effective enough playing behind the striker, but he is tidy on the ball and can pass it well which is great for a deeper position. ESR is not as good on the ball, but he is much better at finding space, creating chances and scoring goals, that's why he needs to be behind the striker.
They need to be together on the pitch with productive wingers like Saka and Pepe close to them.

I think that's the last piece of the puzzle Arteta can't figure out, he has all the tools but doesn't use them

Legend14

Established Member
Ødegaard strength is in the final third. As other have stated, he has the capability of playing the final pass. He is usually leaning on the right side of the pitch, so he has space to use his left foot. Arteta needs to keep playing him where he is strong and determine how to get the best out of his qualities. Hard to do in a few games, so I’ll give it time.

Impact

Established Member
Under a proper manager, we would get the best out of Ødegaard and many others on the pitch.

I actually can’t understand comments like this.

Ødegaard was decent today against an uncomfortable opponent. Still adjusting to the team, league and Club so it will take some time before we see him performing regularly at his best.

Notwithstanding that, we absolutely dominated that match for at least an hour and were competitive for the rest. Had by my count around 5 big chances to score outside of Auba’s goal and other good openings plus the stonewall penalty shout. What else could Arteta do absent subbing himself on and putting the ball into the net himself?

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I actually can’t understand comments like this.

Ødegaard was decent today against an uncomfortable opponent. Still adjusting to the team, league and Club so it will take some time before we see him performing regularly at his best.

Notwithstanding that, we absolutely dominated that match for at least an hour and were competitive for the rest. Had by my count around 5 big chances to score outside of Auba’s goal and other good openings plus the stonewall penalty shout. What else could Arteta do absent subbing himself on and putting the ball into the net himself?

I was angry at Arteta immediately after the game, thought he should take responsibility, but I kinda mellowed since then. I mean Pepe had a ball rolling slowly towards him in the box with a free shot at goal and he clean missed it...like what are you supposed to do about that? At some points players have just got to do better at the crucial moment.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

I was angry at Arteta immediately after the game, thought he should take responsibility, but I kinda mellowed since then. I mean Pepe had a ball rolling slowly towards him in the box with a free shot at goal and he clean missed it...like what are you supposed to do about that? At some points players have just got to do better at the crucial moment.
We played a bad team who can’t string two passes together. We should have been far more aggressive in our attacking approach. There is only so many times you can say we were unlucky against these poor sides. Burnley on top off that had an off day. Too much containment first 70 mins in most matches

OSBK

Established Member
Bottled a few challenges, ran abit and 1 nice ball the whole game that i can remember. He has played the best and worst in the league and hasnt stood out at all. He is making up the numbers atm, the prem is done so he needs to produce something before he goes back.

I dont want to be too harsh but if you watched that match and asked a random person who the wonderkid from madrid was then im pretty sure 100% would say saka.

The_Playmaker

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Massive elephant in the room here. He has a lovely touch and a lovely pass, but he doesn't have the athleticism to excel in England if I'm honest. Especially in a really advanced position.

He works really hard. He looks like it anyway, and he is never close enough to win the 50/50 or make the turnover, or contest the header, or hold off the man. He just doesn't have the athleticism. He doesn't run behind, because he can't.

ESR should not be pushed wide to give him game time. I'd be interested to see him next to Partey, but that won't happen. I'd rather bring in Olise.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
He’s quietly getting away with doing the bare minimum. He doesn’t demand the ball and he’s quite happy to let the game pass him by. I like attackers who are goal-hungry, players who look to influence games.

Still early days, but he isn’t having the desired impact.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
An absolutely rocket of goal it gave him more confidence after very shaky start. Still not fully settle but his style is clear it always bonus have midfield that can score goals. He should take more shots

Legend14

Established Member
An absolutely rocket of goal it gave him more confidence after very shaky start. Still not fully settle but his style is clear it always bonus have midfield that can score goals. He should take more shots
He’s a fairly limited player, so we should at least take advantage of what he does well. If we can get him near the 18, he should have full permission to shoot. His shooting form is excellent, which is why he usually keeps the ball down and on target.

He should also take free kicks that are near goal.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

lol has never been his thing, he's very similar to Özil where he has the technique to score a lot more but is allergic to shooting.

Talented and gifted footballer though, still can't believe he's at Arsenal. I was very worried Arteta wouldn't take to him, but even he recognises there's nothing else like him in the team. ESR should be learning from this boy whilst he's here.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He's mostly a tidy player but I can't help but feel like he's a Lacazette type player. He's not that dynamic and he seems to need to be in perfect scenario to strike at goal. He doesn't create much separation for himself. I'm still not sure about him and this was his worst performance before he Bruno Fernandes'd it into the net. Really needs to show that goal wasn't an one off and provide more in g/a

Legend14

Established Member
And
lol has never been his thing, he's very similar to Özil where he has the technique to score a lot more but is allergic to shooting.

Talented and gifted footballer though, still can't believe he's at Arsenal. I was very worried Arteta wouldn't take to him, but even he recognises there's nothing else like him in the team. ESR should be learning from this boy whilst he's here.
What ESR does is hard to teach; he has more innate capabilities.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom