• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

GunnerShy

Why are people talking about his quality? That’s not in doubt.

This season, for various reasons has been terrible for him, and next season he’s off to the African nations for two months.

I’m worried when we’re going to see the real Partey.
With the priority being the Europa league, he should start on the Bench v Sp**s.

He could still get up to speed before the end of the season and will be pivotal if we are to win the cup.

At the moment it's hard to know if his struggles are recovering from the injury physically or mentally. As someone who was previously indestructible it must be difficult.to deal with reoccurring injuries for the first time.

Gunner-Union

I think a perfect partner for him would be John McGinn tbh. He can do everything and is very much a good all round player and we would t need a dedicated dm as they can both defend but also dribble and pass.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
In the mornings now, I preemptively make myself a sandwich, wrap it in tinfoil and then put it in the fridge to eat later...after I eat it a few hours later, I make the tinfoil into a ball and throw it round the house for my cat to chase, as she loves it.

She won't go near the expensive self-moving mouse toy I got her for Christmas, but if she finds any tinfoil on the ground she will bring it to me to play with her, the little weirdo :lol:
Ffs started reading this expecting it to be some deep analogy about Partey. 😂

mirrorstare

My favourite part was his pass for the first goal. Olympiakos defender made a misplaced pass straight to him. But Partey didn't even have to take a touch to control the ball. Receiving the ball at that position can surprise some players and they would want some time to collect their thoughts. But Partey just made a pass to Ode without even having to take that extra touch. He knew exactly where our players were. Xhaka would have done an about turn and passed it back in that exact situation. Partey was rusty. But he was still pulling out those glorious moves.

I knew this would appear, a simple assist elevated as some form of art none of our other players, and almost none of professional football midfielders could ever do.

It really is not surprising at all most of the posts you see about Partey being good are based on abstracts and wishful thinking. No, he's not levels above anyone yet, hasn't even showed he's reliable a level above Xhaka so far (somehow he wasn't involved in the turnover party of that day), which is quite shocking for a supposed world class midfielder that fits the idea we want to play. A 5/10 Partey is not a 8/10 Xhaka, is a 5/10 player that rightly gets subbed off for tactical reasons in a very important game.

No, when he got subbed out we didn't crumble, we crumbled because we made the third mistake of the day and Olympiakos finally decided to score from it, giving them the confidence to try a bit more than merely pressing us on our half. The timing can easily fool you but I thought it was fairly obvious in this match, after seeing 2 mistakes that fortunately didn't lead to goal, and the likes of Ødegaard, Saka and Partey constantly giving the ball away.

People claiming he's been awful are not predicting he'll flop, they are just also saying what they see, and what they see is a player performing poorly, well below the minimum expectations. So far is easy to say he hasn't added any dimension to our game, he steps in regularly and... nothing really happens. If United at home, a poor game with 22 poor players on the pitch, is the standard we are waiting for, nothing will happen either.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I knew this would appear, a simple assist elevated as some form of art none of our other players, and almost none of professional football midfielders could ever do.

It really is not surprising at all most of the posts you see about Partey being good are based on abstracts and wishful thinking. No, he's not levels above anyone yet, hasn't even showed he's reliable a level above Xhaka so far (somehow he wasn't involved in the turnover party of that day), which is quite shocking for a supposed world class midfielder that fits the idea we want to play. A 5/10 Partey is not a 8/10 Xhaka, is a 5/10 player that rightly gets subbed off for tactical reasons in a very important game.

No, when he got subbed out we didn't crumble, we crumbled because we made the third mistake of the day and Olympiakos finally decided to score from it, giving them the confidence to try a bit more than merely pressing us on our half. The timing can easily fool you but I thought it was fairly obvious in this match, after seeing 2 mistakes that fortunately didn't lead to goal, and the likes of Ødegaard, Saka and Partey constantly giving the ball away.

People claiming he's been awful are not predicting he'll flop, they are just also saying what they see, and what they see is a player performing poorly, well below the minimum expectations. So far is easy to say he hasn't added any dimension to our game, he steps in regularly and... nothing really happens. If United at home, a poor game with 22 poor players on the pitch, is the standard we are waiting for, nothing will happen either.
Ok Manberg.

AW49

I'm getting very concerned about this investment. He's beginning to remind me of Ramsey, where you just expect to see him randomly start walking off the pitch. Arteta mentioned that it was a tactical sub, I suppose we will find out on Sunday if he's hiding something.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
I'm getting very concerned about this investment. He's beginning to remind me of Ramsey, where you just expect to see him randomly start walking off the pitch. Arteta mentioned that it was a tactical sub, I suppose we will find out on Sunday if he's hiding something.
He still doesn't look like he's moving completely freely. I wouldn't be surprised if a surgery of some sort takes place when the season finishes. Of all the stupid things Arteta has done, rushing him back the first time to try and save his job is easily the dumbest and most despicable.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny

He looks like he’s not 100% or holding back. Putting the posts to one side all the ex-pro pundits, without exception, are saying he is absolute quality.

A great description I heard before kick off on Thursday was “He purrs around the pitch like a Rolls Royce” although a more accurate description at the moment would be a 3 year old Mercedes S Class that is need of an oil change and new sparkplugs.

DUFFMAN

Crybaby
He still doesn't look like he's moving completely freely. I wouldn't be surprised if a surgery of some sort takes place when the season finishes. Of all the stupid things Arteta has done, rushing him back the first time to try and save his job is easily the dumbest and most despicable.
Arteta has just come out and said he ticked every box and passed every test for that game.

Glad he has as some arm chair medical experts here seem to think they know more than the actual experts at the club.

Jae

Can we stop getting on this guy's back already please? He hasn't been great 100% of the time but his quality isn't in doubt. The state of our fans.

Doesn't help that he's playing next to plodders either.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Can we stop getting on this guy's back already please? He hasn't been great 100% of the time but his quality isn't in doubt. The state of our fans.

Doesn't help that he's playing next to plodders either.

This fanbase don't deserve a player of this quality. He also deserves to be playing for a better manager than a rookie like Arteta. I guess he came here for the huge pay upgrade he was going to be getting.

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arteta has just come out and said he ticked every box and passed every test for that game.

Glad he has as some arm chair medical experts here seem to think they know more than the actual experts at the club.
The same medical experts that let David Luiz play on with a concussion and then tried to pretend a cut kept him out for 2 weeks. I actually don't know how you slipped through my ignore list but we'll rectify that now.

Legend14

Established Member
Why are people talking about his quality? That’s not in doubt.

This season, for various reasons has been terrible for him, and next season he’s off to the African nations for two months.

I’m worried when we’re going to see the real Partey.
I don’t think we will if he plays next to Xhaka.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
People here criticizing Partey in his first season filled with injuries while doing everything in their power to defend a bum like Xhaka who has been stinking up the joint for five years

Btw Partey hasn’t cost us any goals yet so by Xhaka fanatics logic, he has been great all season long

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Should have been taken off around 70 minutes. Was clearly wrecked and was a yard slow over the ground. Gave away a couple of very dangerous free kicks. Looks a good player but clearly has some work to do on his game and maybe needs a good run of games. Keeping him on almost cost us a win.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I will say this guy is going to be the difference, was a monster for 75 minutes.

Needs sharpness asap.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom