• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
This psychology can completely backfire. This is why it is rare for a manager to publicly announce such internal matters. How many of these announcements have we had in PL?
Don't know, haven't been keeping track over the years. The main thing is it didn't backfire and we won the game, happy days.

Pyres7

Can't argue with the decision to drop Auba regardless of the result. Hope he moves on quickly and fixes himself up.

I think the same thing happened to AMN last season and he ended up reacting positively and stepping up on and off the pitch, hopefully the same happens to Auba.

OSBK

Established Member
We didnt really miss him against Sp**s, havent really seen him much this season. It actually feels like he has been injured all season because i cant actually remember that much he has done this season. I do wonder where we would be right now if auba from last season was here from the start.

I always said when Auba was constantly forced out left that we lacked balance.

I think ESR has shown us in the last game and hopefully, he keeps it up that the balance is better for us in terms of keeping the ball and creating chances when we have more creative players out on the wing.

Auba can of course keep playing as ST but that should be his only position really! Unless we want to go down the ultra-defensive counter-attacking route like we did last season with Arteta. But hopefully, those days are behind us!

Lidl_Reed

Wants a new name
So take the captaincy from a player who has performed for us and won us games on numerous occasions for being late and give that same captaincy to a player who has cost us games one more than one occasion and has also thrown down the armband AND the jersey? Sure. Let's do that.
Luiz then?

Batman

Head of the Wayne foundation for benching Nketiah

Player:Saliba
Arteta is a terrible man manager but he got this 100% right. Auba needs to look in the mirror. All this sh*t he spouted about wanting to be a club legend and then he behaves like this. Thierry should slap the numbers off his back.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Arteta is a terrible man manager but he got this 100% right. Auba needs to look in the mirror. All this sh*t he spouted about wanting to be a club legend and then he behaves like this. Thierry should slap the numbers off his back.
I do not agree with the bolded part. In fact, our squad needed discipline reinstated. This was a squad that completely downed tools on Emery. We have now pruned parts of that squad, and more will follow. The Arsenal squad has needed more discipline, not less.

Arteta is not perfect, but "terrible man manager", that I disagree with.

OSBK

Established Member

Dortmund took a punt on him and gave him years and gave him a platform to get a big money move.

He sh@t all over them

Batman

I do not agree with the bolded part. In fact, our squad needed discipline reinstated. This was a squad that completely downed tools on Emery. We have now pruned parts of that squad, and more will follow. The Arsenal squad has needed more discipline, not less.

Arteta is not perfect, but "terrible man manager", that I disagree with.
You're not required to agree. ;)

Batman

Dortmund took a punt on him and gave him years and gave him a platform to get a big money move.

He sh@t all over them
He was on his best behavior here so I was judging him on his time in our shirt but between the drop in performance and the lack of professionalism both rearing their ugly heads right after he secured his last big contract, you start to see he hasn't matured at all. He was just smart enough to get paid before reverting to clown.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Backfire in term of his relationship to Auba, not the game results. We don’t know yet, do we?
Well that's up to Auba really. Acknowledge his mistake as the club captain, start over fresh and become the club legend that he said he wanted to be. Alternatively he can let it become a far bigger issue than it needs to be and potentially ruin his legacy here in the process.

I've seen nothing in his time with us to indicate that it wouldn't be the first option and I'm confident this will be all forgotten pretty soon. His choice though.

OSBK

Established Member
He was on his best behavior here so I was judging him on his time in our shirt but between the drop in performance and the lack of professionalism both rearing their ugly heads right after he secured his last big contract, you start to see he hasn't matured at all. He was just smart enough to get paid before reverting to clown.

Yeah you read the stories about his attitude at dortmund and now some of that behavior is starting to make itself public. Dont expect players to be angels but as our captain you have to be something special. We can only hope he learns from this and gets his sh@t together.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom