• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
he will do nothing all season .. but get a brace in the europa semi and final ...

he is a striker and he knows he can turn the criticism around anytime. Yesterday too if he was bothered to, he would have got a brace.

There is a reason we were able to buy him. This is part of the package

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I don’t think it’s quite there yet, but he’s certainly not as popular as he once was.

I hope he has a similar flurry at the end of the season like last time to kinda shelve the negativity.
It's enough for him to score a winner in the EL finals and he will be a hero, that's the way football works. Next year people will say he won the EL on his own as we've seen with Özil and Ramsey before :lol:

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
He can have a bad game and still be by far the best striker in the squad.

Don’t see how much we have to gain with dropping him for Martinelli.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

No doubt you’d have him in your front three with Pepe and Laca. :shivering:
In the summer I would have thought Auba, Laca and Pepe with Saka in the 10 role was a no brainer.

With the emergence of ESR and Ødegaard now, admittedly even I can't say all three of the frenchies make our best 11 at the moment. Martinelli doesn't either though as it stands.

say yes

forum master baiter
Sorry that Auba can’t maintain ridiculous conversion rates for three seasons in a row.

We wouldn’t even be in Europe without the guy ffs.
I love Auba but why do you keep making stuff like this up?

His conversion rate was great last season. That's one season. The season before that it was slightly below what you'd expect, and indeed his career average is slightly below what you'd expect.

Aubameyang is not, and never been an elite finisher. He's average / slightly below average in that regard (this doesn't mean bad), and anyone who has actually watched him consistently will tell you he misses loads of chances. He's a brilliant goalscorer because he has elite movement, and gets loads of shots off (and both of those are more important than being slightly below average finishing wise).

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

No doubt you’d have him in your front three with Pepe and Laca. :shivering:
My ideal front four is Auba surrounded by a mixture of creativity/1v1 dribbling/crossing/pace, finishing ability and interplay. You’d want at least two players in the front four with each attribute.

ESR: dribbling and interplay
Saka: creativity, dribbling, crossing, interplay and pace
Pepe: dribbling, crossing, pace, finishing, interplay
Ødegaard: creativity, crossing, interplay
Willian: dribbling, interplay and crossing i guess

Those 5 should be in healthy competition for the three slots behind Auba but it’s far from healthy. As for Martinelli he’s too limited to be part of that three behind Auba and I’ve been saying this from day, one area where I agree with Arteta. He’s in direct competition with Auba and it’s not looking good for him.

I’m aware I’ve gone on some mad tangent. 😂
Tl;dr version: f*ck you

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

My ideal front four is Auba surrounded by a mixture of creativity/1v1 dribbling/crossing/pace, finishing ability and interplay. You’d want at least two players in the front four with each attribute.

Those 5 should be in healthy competition for the three slots behind Auba but it’s far from healthy. As for Martinelli he’s too limited to be part of that three behind Auba and I’ve been saying this from day, one area where I agree with Arteta. He’s in direct competition with Auba and it’s not looking good for him.

I’m aware I’ve gone on some mad tangent. 😂
Tl;dr version: f*ck you
Didn’t read that garbage I’m afraid.

Auba out, Nelli in.

Reactions: roz

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Granted ESR and Ødegaard were late to the party, but reading that our attacking options were never as bad as people made out really.

Not to tread murky waters again because it's unnecessary criticism at the moment, but I can't shake the feeling that we've under performed this season.

mirrorstare

He's older now and has other worries, we saw earlier this season how his mind was somewhere else and until he was allowed to go and make sure his mom was ok he could focus back on the game, reaching Lacazette in the league scorer table and saving our asses against Benfica in the process.

Maybe the correct option was not to ridicule him publicly, it's not exactly a secret for anyone that pays attention we play better football when Lacazette is around so it'd have made a lot of sense claiming the change for Sp**s was tactical but oh well.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
The moment I'll start criticizing Auba is when he's not getting on the end of chances.

Don't care how many he misses in a nothing game like yesterday. He's too good a goal scorer generally for that to bother me.

Give Auba chances and he scores at a better rate than anyone else at the club, and is top 10 in the world at it. That's proven.

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
One of my favourite things about Auba is his redemption qualities. Missed the late pen against Spuds, bagged one against Yanited soon after. Missed a hatful of chances in the first leg against Benfica, bagged a brace the second leg.

After his misses on Thursday eve, he’s nailed on to go to the London Stadium and score.

One of my favourite things about Auba is his redemption qualities. Missed the late pen against Spuds, bagged one against Yanited soon after. Missed a hatful of chances in the first leg against Benfica, bagged a brace the second leg.

After his misses on Thursday eve, he’s nailed on to go to the London Stadium and score.

you make me laugh. The guy got benched against Sp**s and then went on and had a absolute shocker against Olympiacos on thursday.

this guy gets for some reason a pass from the fanbase. Since he has been here he has missed so many chances and has absolutely dissapeared in so many important games.

the only reason we are having such a bad season is because we just cant score enough and let the opponents hang around and then they manage to score a goal.

auba has since he arrived only had one great half season of football. That was last season.

Joestlaachmkr

Auba is the best striker we have had since the days of Henry and RvP. But he has been rather bad this season.

Wouldn’t mind a swap deal with Dortmund, where we get Haaland and Auba goes back to Germany. lol

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
you make me laugh. The guy got benched against Sp**s and then went on and had a absolute shocker against Olympiacos on thursday.

this guy gets for some reason a pass from the fanbase. Since he has been here he has missed so many chances and has absolutely dissapeared in so many important games.

the only reason we are having such a bad season is because we just cant score enough and let the opponents hang around and then they manage to score a goal.

auba has since he arrived only had one great half season of football. That was last season.

For some reason gets a free pass? Are you for real? He’s our most clinical striker since Van Judas and has provided us with some of our best moments in recent memory.

It’s not solely down to him why we’re having a sub par season- no chance. If you think Auba has only had one great half season of footy here I’d love to know how you rate some of our other players.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom