• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
Only poster I have on ignore. After the FA cup win I decided to take everyone of ignore as I was feeling this huge Arsenal fan love. Soon recognized my own foolishness. Although I must say with some pride that he is the only one that has gone back on ignore so far. Another trophy and I’ll be godlike in my goodness!
cant wait for the second episode of "confessions of a lame duck"

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I don’t know. Don’t watch any football outside England so I don’t know who’s about. Would trust and back whoever Arteta fancies.

So more Willians, Luiz's, Cedric's and Ceballos's?

He literally signed them all.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Cedric and Dani were done before he arrived. I’m hoping he has more cash to sign better guys.

No, he asked for Dani back on loan and asked to permanently buy Cedric. Silly billy.

Makavelii

This guy gets unfairly scapegoated a lot.

I don’t think he’s half as bad as some people make out. Selling him won’t make us better.

Just like Luiz, he makes others around him play better through organising the team around him. That would be missed if Arsenal-maniacs got their way.

RacingPhoton

Established Member

I don’t think he’s half as bad as some people make out. Selling him won’t make us better.

Just like Luiz, he makes others around him play better through organising the team around him. That would be missed if Arsenal-maniacs got their way.
Correct. We started playing really well ever since Xhaka started playing for us. And we got even better after we got Luiz. Oh wait...

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade

He made others around so much better that a perennial Champions League team became a mid table team in the span of his five years here.

Let's not forget his moments of 'organising' the team such as throttling opponents, kicking the ball at opponents that wind up in the empty net etc

Such a great player that others wrongfully scapegoat. You've made me see the light

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

I'd rather keep Elneny as a squad player and sell Xhaka. He may have had his best season for a while, possibly his best for us but its not enough and we wont get more from him.
His market value seems to be at $25m. Hope we win the EL and it goes up a bit. Struggle to see him generating that much though in this market. Plus he will most likely like to stay and Arteta and the club will want to keep him. Think the odds of him not being here next season are slim to none.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I'd rather keep Elneny as a squad player and sell Xhaka. He may have had his best season for a while, possibly his best for us but its not enough and we wont get more from him.

Not really sure about this logic. I'd much rather Xhaka relegated to being 2nd/3rd choice than Elneny being the one who comes in if we get injuries, etc. Xhaka has undeniably been our best midfielder this season, Elneny barring a couple of good games has shown how mediocre he is. If we're not getting more from Xhaka, we're definitely not getting more from someone far worse. At least with Xhaka as we've seen in a lot of big games he has his moments were he's really good and more often than not he's been pretty solid decent even with his high profile errors which is why many of us don't want him as a guaranteed starter. That said I don't think we should just sell him for the sake of it as if that's just gonna automatically make us better. I still think he'd be useful as another option as opposed to someone like Elneny.

It's a moot point tho, there's no chance in hell we'll be selling him this summer. Even if we were to sign Bissouma or Berge or whoever and they become first choice, Arteta still values Xhaka and we'll need options. Xhaka will still have his value even if it's not as first choice. The fact that Ceballos and Elneny are still seeing so much game time shows that we're gonna need better options than those two in terms of using the squad next season and Xhaka is far better than both.

Tir Na Nog

If we sell Xhaka we'll need at least 2 midfielders and that is only based on the assumption that Willock and/or AMN (maybe Guendouzi but doubtful) come back and are seen as options when they've yet to be considered serious CM options. Otherwise we'll need to go out and sign 3 midfielders if we sell Xhaka, 1 to partner Partey, 1 as immediate backup or as an option to play a 3 man midfield and 1 as 4th choice basically where Elneny finds himself now and I refuse to accept Elneny should still be an option next season when it's been shown how much our midfield declines with him or the fascist beyblade starting.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
His market value seems to be at $25m. Hope we win the EL and it goes up a bit. Struggle to see him generating that much though in this market. Plus he will most likely like to stay and Arteta and the club will want to keep him. Think the odds of him not being here next season are slim to none.

I agree the club may want to keep him, ideally we need teams interested for Arteta to realise selling would be best. The Covid market value works both ways, if we get less for a player than normal then we should also be paying less than normal for a replacement.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Not really sure about this logic. I'd much rather Xhaka relegated to being 2nd/3rd choice than Elneny being the one who comes in if we get injuries, etc. Xhaka has undeniably been our best midfielder this season, Elneny barring a couple of good games has shown how mediocre he is. If we're not getting more from Xhaka, we're definitely not getting more from someone far worse. At least with Xhaka as we've seen in a lot of big games he has his moments were he's really good and more often than not he's been pretty solid decent even with his high profile errors which is why many of us don't want him as a guaranteed starter. That said I don't think we should just sell him for the sake of it as if that's just gonna automatically make us better. I still think he'd be useful as another option as opposed to someone like Elneny.

It's a moot point tho, there's no chance in hell we'll be selling him this summer. Even if we were to sign Bissouma or Berge or whoever and they become first choice, Arteta still values Xhaka and we'll need options. Xhaka will still have his value even if it's not as first choice. The fact that Ceballos and Elneny are still seeing so much game time shows that we're gonna need better options than those two in terms of using the squad next season and Xhaka is far better than both.

My logic is based on us getting more for Xhaka than Elneny. In an ideal world I'd sell them both, buy a Xhaka replacement and bring back Willock as cover/rotation.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Xhaka has easily been our best midfielder this season given that Partey has been out so much but that still shows how far standards have fallen for us in that position. It's not exactly hard to be better than Ceballos/Elneny. Unless we got a silly offer from someone I don't see anyway he's not here next season either, he's probably played the most minutes of any player this season which shows how important Arteta thinks he is.

I think we'll sign at least one CM in the summer but I don't see a signing coming in and immediately being seen as Partey's partner. Let's just say we signed Bissouma, I still think Partey/Xhaka would be seen as first choice with Bissouma being used to reduce the amount of minutes Xhaka in particular is being needed to play.

Tir Na Nog

Guess Ceballos would not be too happy with that epithet. :eek:ops:

Get the beyblade reference after some googling but not sure where the fascist reference comes from? Having played for Real?

He wanted Basque and Catalans bombed for not respecting the Spanish anthem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom