• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Has he really been called a genius...that's pretty funny, ngl :lol:

I think he has done decent here, but still has a lot to prove, showing good signs though...my advice again, don't read/listen to press/pundits.

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
I honestly must be missing something, you got all players hyping Mikel up saying he's some absolute genius, all managers and pundits saying give him time he's an incredible manager etc and yet we're sat in 10th, haven't looked good in Europa albeit should be making a final and we nearly got relegated.

Maybe it's the improvements in the big games idk.
well.. those who didnt .. we know where they are now... AMN, Nelson, Willock probably couldnt say such utter tripe with a straight face

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Has he really been called a genius...that's pretty funny, ngl :lol:

I think he has done decent here, but still has a lot to prove, showing good signs though...my advice again, don't read/listen to press/pundits.

Tierney, Smith Rowe, Xhaka and I'm forgetting like 2 people here have already called him a genius or similiar. Specifically mentioning that Arteta usually knows how games play out and its down to execution why the gameplan fails more often than not.

In that regard they are consistent with the praise.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

It's probably a combination of ass-kissing along with being genuinely impressed by his tactical insights and stuff like that, but it's not surprising I don't think any would argue about his knowledge of football in a tactical sense, I think it's other areas of his management which people question which is fair enough given our position. Even going back to his City days everyone knew about the input Arteta has and his knowledge, why else would someone like Pep hire him when he could have such a choice of assistant managers.

GDeep™

League is very weak
In general, one mans genius is another’s mad man. I don’t buy too much into this stuff until they can back it up with something - managers with a track record. Even then it’s questionable, nobody will call Low, Zidane etc a genius. On the pitch, even Mourinho you don’t class as genius, though his ability to drill something into Inter and Porto is some sort of genius.

It’s like your mate who smokes a little and starts talking about crypto or something, but he’s been broke for the last 15 years.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Tierney, Smith Rowe, Xhaka and I'm forgetting like 2 people here have already called him a genius or similiar. Specifically mentioning that Arteta usually knows how games play out and its down to execution why the gameplan fails more often than not.

In that regard they are consistent with the praise.
Arteta clearly is leaving players and other coaches with the impression that he knows what he is doing tactically and player instruction wise. Didn't Sterling say he had learned a lot from Arteta? Anyhow, think this is a huge plus for Arteta and why I for one, although it is early and sitting on the fence partly makes sense, think we should give him ample time to come good. It has only been a little more than a year now since he joined. We need to give it at least 2 more years unless things really go tits up in the league.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Tierney did.

"The manager's a genius. A football genius"

Dunno why I immediately thought of Jez...

Ay1ikFx3SJLO.gif

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Smith Rowe papered over cracks and spared Arteta’s blushes a few times but the bottom line is the manager isn’t good enough to be leading a big football club with aspirations like Arsenal.

He’s made you a laughing stock.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Smith Rowe papered over cracks and spared Arteta’s blushes a few times but the bottom line is the manager isn’t good enough to be leading a big football club with aspirations like Arsenal.

He’s made you a laughing stock.

:lol: What aspirations? Europa is our level right now and has been for a couple of seasons.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
:lol: What aspirations? Europa is our level right now and has been for a couple of seasons.
Top 4. Arsenal aren’t interested in the big trophies and haven’t been for a decade or more. But your owners will definitely demand a CL finish in next few seasons and Arsenal are nowhere near it.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom