• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I'll get killed for saying but Giroud fits our need almost entirely, great link-up play, thrives on crosses both low and aerially, we rarely play it in behind to take advantage of Auba's pace so Giroud's lack of pace isn't a concern, he offers all that Laca offers plus an enhanced aerial threat - that's the type of striker we should be looking for if we are going to continue this style of play.

Not saying get Giroud back, he's on the downward trajectory of his career but that is most definitely the type we need to aim for

Loved Laca today btw, he is rightly keeping Auba out of the side right now.
Nah you wouldn't get killed for that. If anything it just sums up our lack of foresight in the transfer market mate.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Laca already earn 150k if you try give him new contract that'll mean we probably give him 200k and 3 years. We have alot of aging players earning too much we can't do that.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Laca already earn 150k if you try give him new contract that'll mean we probably give him 200k and 3 years. We have alot of aging players earning too much we can't do that.
There is no rule that says you have to give increase in every contract extension

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Players these days won't stay on same wages even if it's high they more greedy and agent driven
If we did hypothetically offer Laca and extensions with the same wages, what other club would match that and offer us a transfer fee? I can't see many if any doing that.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If we did hypothetically offer Laca and extensions with the same wages, what other club would match that and offer us a transfer fee? I can't see many if any doing that.
yep that make sense if nobody can offer him that from the teams that interested i doubt they can give him more than 100k a week. if he leave he should take paycut.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

You'd be surprised.

He'd be short of suitors in the Premiership but abroad he is still somewhat rated. Our fanbase just have a habit of severely underrating our own players especially once they reach a certain age.

Pre-covid I would have absolutely zero doubts in my mind he would have moved onto a better club than Arsenal, now with clubs broke it's complicated. You'd think we would have learned from Giroud though.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
You'd be surprised.

He'd be short of suitors in the Premiership but abroad he is still somewhat rated. Our fanbase just have a habit of severely underrating our own players especially once they reach a certain age.

Pre-covid I would have absolutely zero doubts in my mind he would have moved onto a better club than Arsenal, now with clubs broke it's complicated. You'd think we would have learned from Giroud though.
I know you might not specifically be talking about me, but I actually rate Lacazette and defended him on this forum even during his bad runs of form.

Having said that, he's going to be 30 this year. How many clubs are going to be able to financially, let alone want to in the 1st place, to offer us +£20-25million as a transfer fee and then 150k a week for a +3 year deal? That's a pretty significant outlay for the profile of player that Lacazette is.

And whilst my personal opinion is that Giroud is a completely and utter donkey that Lacazette is 100x better than, for some reason certain clubs want that "lamppost" target man plan B striker. Lacazette doesn't have standout "unique" qualities to him.

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

In France or Germany he'd score similarly to Weghorst or Andre Silva imo.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

lol shame Özil and Auba has flopped it for 30 year olds at the club going forward in terms of extentions.

I don't want him to stay anyways, deserves a team/fanbase that appreciates him. Instead of twerk jokes or constantly lamenting what he doesn't have.

With his form he's shown since Christmas should be more than doable. Leave the Arsenal fans to their overhyped kids that run around and non existent processes.
Bro... Balogun is already so clear of him. Trust the process.

OSBK

Established Member
You'd be surprised.

Spot on mate. He goes to all the top teams in france, even PSG where he wouldnt start but they would have him as a squaddie(likely mbappe and di maria go this summer). In italy he goes to them all apart from inter and juve and maybe even juve depending on how many they sell this summer. Germany not bayern and bvb he goes to the others. The recent signings barca have made christ there is even a chance he goes there.

There is plently of oppurtinity for him. I think he ends up back in france.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Spot on mate. He goes to all the top teams in france, even PSG where he wouldnt start but they would have him as a squaddie(likely mbappe and di maria go this summer). In italy he goes to them all apart from inter and juve and maybe even juve depending on how many they sell this summer. Germany not bayern and bvb he goes to the others. The recent signings barca have made christ there is even a chance he goes there.

There is plently of oppurtinity for him. I think he ends up back in france.
There only plenty of opportunity if he reduces his wages. European teams wont pay him much and probably be more bonus driven.

At most, his base should be in 60K range per week.

mirrorstare

Auba or Ode or Partey or anyone can start scoring 10 goals per game and win us the EL and top 4, this guy is still my player of the season. Think every single enjoyable moment I've had with Arsenal this season involve him in a crucial role.

Shame about the asskissing to get himself the new contract though, I don't care if it's because he would gladly go to war and die for the Arsenal, it's just poor form. You just can't respect that.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I was quite critical of Laca at the start of the season. I thought he looked lethargic and disinterested.

He's really turned my view of him around since Christmas time. He's up there with Saka and Tierney since that time period, in terms of players that have produced high level performances consistently though he often hasn't got the credit he's deserved.

The circumstances in terms of his contract are awkward though. On a 2-3 year deal with reduced wages I'd be happy from him to stay. I don't think he would accept those terms though, and to be honest he probably shouldn't given the standard he's playing at currently.

If he moves on in the summer, he's going out on a high, which is nice.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
I was quite critical of Laca at the start of the season. I thought he looked lethargic and disinterested.

He's really turned my view of him around since Christmas time. He's up there with Saka and Tierney since that time period, in terms of players that have produced high level performances consistently though he often hasn't got the credit he's deserved.

The circumstances in terms of his contract are awkward though. On a 2-3 year deal with reduced wages I'd be happy from him to stay. I don't think he would accept those terms though, and to be honest he probably shouldn't given the standard he's playing at currently.

If he moves on in the summer, he's going out on a high, which is nice.
He will make more money seeing out his contract 1 year vs signing for another club and make that much in 3 years. He would be a fool to leave as he wont get that handsome wages anywhere else.

OSBK

Established Member
There only plenty of opportunity if he reduces his wages. European teams wont pay him much and probably be more bonus driven.

At most, his base should be in 60K range per week.

He wouldnt have to reduce it that much tbh. Players like thauvin and milik are on over 80k a week in france. Im sure valencia are paying gameiro an insane wage for his age.

Maybe in italy he would have to drop abit more but even saying that some really average players in italy on decent wage. There is only juve really who do mega silly wages in italy, they will have to have a huge clearout.

If he has a good agent he could very well if this form continues till the end of the season.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Giroud got slaughtered on here for similar numbers and you guy want to keep this guy? **** off. Let’s just stay midtable shall we.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom