• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Best midfielder in the league and he’s ours. Still can’t believe we got him.
Not even in best 10 midfielders in the league this year. In fact he has done absolutely nothing bar the game against United.

Needs to step up big time the rest of the season and next season to even look half like justifying 200k a week.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
You believe that Thomas Partey has been in the top 10 premier league midfielders this year based on this seasons performances?
I would say he has shown he can easily become one if he had a full season of fitness and sharpness under his belt. You can just tell right now that he's not playing to 100% either out of fear of another injury or due to not being fully fit. Or a bit of both.

But yeah he obviously doesnt rank as top 10 midfielders this season, although it would be very hard to anyway considering he has played under 1,000 minutes.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I would say he has shown he can easily become one if he had a full season of fitness and sharpness under his belt. You can just tell right now that he's not playing to 100% either out of fear of another injury or due to not being fully fit. Or a bit of both.

But yeah he obviously doesnt rank as top 10 midfielders this season, although it would be very hard to anyway considering he has played under 1,000 minutes.
Yeah 100% agree with you. He has the potential to be in the top ten and probably top 5. However some fans are acting like he is the messiah when he has done nothing in an Arsenal shirt and needs to seriously up his game to deserve the plaudits he is getting from some sections.

I wanted him much more than Aouar in summer but so far has failed to provide us with what we needed both because of injury and general form/new league/new team.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
Yeah 100% agree with you. He has the potential to be in the top ten and probably top 5. However some fans are acting like he is the messiah when he has done nothing in an Arsenal shirt and needs to seriously up his game to deserve the plaudits he is getting from some sections.

I wanted him much more than Aouar in summer but so far has failed to provide us with what we needed both because of injury and general form/new league/new team.
Yeah for me its just been depressing with all the injuries, its been traumatic considering how excited we were to bring him in. I am going to try to judge him when he has a more fit season, imo every player deserves that.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
The game against Man U showed us that he is capable of greatness. Think that performance Will be standard and not an outliar next season, i would like to see him paired with Mo Elneny again playing behind MÖ. Maybe it takes the Giza Géezer to bring the best out of our Octopus

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
You believe that Thomas Partey has been in the top 10 premier league midfielders this year based on this seasons performances?
I don’t need a sample size of 30+ games to draw an opinion. I think he is the best midfielder in the league based on what I’ve seen of him. Once he’s had an injury free stretch and more games, I’m sure I’ll hold him in even higher regard. Compare him to a no.8 who’s having the best scoring season of his life in arguably the best side in Europe all you want, I still know who I’d take.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I don’t need a sample size of 30+ games to draw an opinion. I think he is the best midfielder in the league based on what I’ve seen of him. Once he’s had an injury free stretch and more games, I’m sure I’ll hold him in even higher regard. Compare him to a no.8 who’s having the best scoring season of his life in arguably the best side in Europe all you want, I still know who I’d take.
If all a player has to do is have one or two matches to impress you that's fair enough. You have your opinion. However to say that at this moment in time he is the best midfielder in the league is way off the mark. Its hype and false hype at that.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If all a player has to do is have one or two matches to impress you that's fair enough. You have your opinion. However to say that at this moment in time he is the best midfielder in the league is way off the mark. Its hype and false hype at that.
Do you believe in God?

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka

I always said we needed both. Never thought just one would be enough to fix the dire midfield.

GDeep™

League is very weak
He’s got the African Nations next season so his impact here will be limited. Going to miss 2 months of our most important period, with Auba etc.

That should limit our aims and targets for next season, no chance we finish top 6. Maybe top 8 if our rivals are all crap again.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

He’s got the African Nations next season so his impact here will be limited. Going to miss 2 months of our most important period, with Auba etc.

That should limit our aims and targets for next season, no chance we finish top 6. Maybe top 8 if our rivals are all crap again.

It’s going to be a problem for most PL teams though tbf.

Chelsea losing Mendy and Ziyech, Liverpool losing Mane, Salah, Kabak and Keita, City will lose Mahrez, Leicester will lose Iheanacho, Amartey, Mendy and Ndidi, Utd will lose Diallo, AWB and Bailly off the top of my head.

Obviously we’re losing four but most of our rivals for top four will be hit hard as well.

GDeep™

League is very weak
It’s going to be a problem for most PL teams though tbf.

Chelsea losing Mendy and Ziyech, Liverpool losing Mane, Salah, Kabak and Keita, City will lose Mahrez, Leicester will lose Iheanacho, Amartey, Mendy and Ndidi, Utd will lose Diallo, AWB and Bailly off the top of my head.

Obviously we’re losing four but most of our rivals for top four will be hit hard as well.
Liverpool aside, our rivals won’t be as impacted as us. Chelsea won’t miss Mendy or Ziyech, Utd aren’t missing AWB etc.

Partey/Auba etc is the heart of our team.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom