• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang: From Thriller To Bad, Should He Just Beat It?

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
He knows his hair is thinning, so maybe he picked this terrible haircut so that when he does go bald, it will look a massive upgrade :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Just look at how Citi plays. They have a team of creative players. It does not matter who is finishing the chances, because if you create enough of them, your team will score a lot of goals.

We need a skillful striker, someone like Suarez/Firmino/Van Persie/Sanchez, or can be a Ødegaard with better finishing (you know what I mean). Someone who could work well with other technical players in the team. Auba, Nketiah or even Laca, are too much of a poacher to me. They are not skillful enough.

Having Auba on the pitch means one less player in the build up, less possession, less chances created, more possession lost, more opportunities for the opponent to counter attack.

In other words, if auba plays, we will struggle to create chances, simply because we have one less creative player on the pitch playing against the same number of opponent defenders. And more importantly, it does not only reduce the number of chances we create, the quality of our chances will also be lowered (having 4 creative players vs a block of defenders, is very different to having 5 creative players against a block of defenders).

I would rather have the above mentioned striker scoring no goals for the season, than a 30 goals Auba. Because it means we would have a much more dangerous attacking force. Just watch how Citi plays this season.

Citi could have anyone playing the striker role, could be KDB or anyone, and the striker don’t have to score a lot. The main point is, their whole team is creating plenty of chances. The rest just comes down to having anyone to simply get into the box at the end and tap-in an easy goal.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Just look at how Citi plays. They have a team of creative players. It does not matter who is finishing the chances, because if you create enough of them, your team will score a lot of goals.

We need a skillful striker, someone like Suarez/Firmino/Van Persie/Sanchez, or can be a Ødegaard with better finishing (you know what I mean). Someone who could work well with other technical players in the team. Auba, Nketiah or even Laca, are too much of a poacher to me. They are not skillful enough.
Having Auba on the pitch means one less player in the build up, less possession, less chances created, more possession lost, more opportunities for the opponent to counter attack.

In other words, if auba plays, we will struggle to create chances, simply because we have one less creative player on the pitch playing against the same number of opponent defenders.

I would rather have the above mentioned striker scoring no goals for the season, than a 30 goals Auba. Because it means we would have a much more dangerous attacking force.

Citi could have anyone playing the striker role, could be KDB or anyone, and the striker don’t have to score a lot. The main point is, their whole team is creating plenty of chances. The rest just comes down to having anyone to simply get into the box at the end and tap-in an easy goal.

Man City aren't a side you can compare Arsenal to in any way.

Basically what you want are technically perfect, fluid players in every position. Cool, I'd like that too but it's dream world stuff.

Players of that well roundedness and quality cost huge amounts of money, money we don't have.

Last edited:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Basically what you want are technically perfect, fluid players in every position. Cool, I'd like that too but it's dream world stuff.

Players of that well roundedness and quality cost huge amounts of money, money we don't have.
There are plenty of technical players out there who are not expensive. They do not have to be top class but having them will certainly improve our attack.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant

Depay to replace Auba
Edouard to replace Laca
Gouiri to replace Nketiah
Pugi to replace Willock
Aouar to replace Willian
Hakimi to replace Bellerin

Getting 2 or 3 of the above replacement would already be a huge upgrade on the technical level.

We also have AMN, Xhaka, Elneny, Guendouzi, Torreira......to be replaced, so plenty of room to be upgraded.

Last edited:

Breezy ®

Depay to replace Auba
Edouard to replace Laca
Gouiri to replace Nketiah
Pugi to replace Willock
Aouar to replace Willian
Hakimi to replace Bellerin

Getting 2 or 3 of the above replacement would already be a huge upgrade on the technical level.

We also have AMN, Xhaka, Elneny, Guendouzi, Torreira......to be replaced, so plenty of room to be upgraded.

I’ve changed my mind on Guendouzi recently. If he’s willing to knuckle down and be more professional I think we should give him another go next season. Move Elneny on to make room.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
People have been asking why Auba was not scoring enough. They asked how many goals would Pepe score this season. They compare the scoring stats of Laca to strikers in other teams........

These questions doesn’t mean much to me. In fact, it’s not just down to the individual performance of the player you questioned. If your team have created enough chances, your attacking players WILL score.

It’s the fact that we do not have enough creative talent in the team, which has limited the quantity and quality of chances we created.

So my criticism is not that these players are not performing (on an individual level), but rather, they are not a creative player so they have limited our chance creation.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
People have been asking why Auba was not scoring enough. They asked how many goals would Pepe score this season. They compare the scoring stats of Laca to strikers in other teams........

These questions doesn’t mean much to me. In fact, it’s not just down to the individual performance of the player you questioned. If your team have created enough chances, your attacking players WILL score.

It’s the fact that we do not have enough creative talent in the team, which has limited the quantity and quality of chances we created.

So my criticism is not that these players are not performing (on an individual level), but rather, they are not a creative player so they have limited our chance creation.

We've created plenty of chances the last 3-4 months. I've no issue with Saka, ESR, Ødegaard, Pepe, Tierney and Willian. That's a core of players that will create enough chances.

You have a desire to see us play with a bunch of technical skill midgets that never pass the ball over knee height. Basically you want us to be a poor mans Pep side.

That's fine but it's not an objective fact that we should play like that, the way you make it out to be nor is it factually better football to play that way. It's all subjective.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We've created plenty of chances the last 3-4 months. I've no issue with Saka, ESR, Ödegaard, Pepe, Tierney and Willian. That's a core of players that will create enough chances.

You have a desire to see us play with a bunch of technical skill midgets that never pass the ball over knee height. Basically you want us to be a poor mans Pep side.

That's fine but it's not an objective fact that we should play like that, the way you make it out to be nor is it factually better football to play that way. It's all subjective.
“We've created plenty of chances the last 3-4 months.”

I wouldn’t say we have created plenty of chances, not quantity nor quality-wise.

“I've no issue with Saka, ESR, Ödegaard, Pepe, Tierney and Willian. That's a core of players that will create enough chances.”

ESR is not good enough. Pepe is more of an attacking type rather than a creative type of player. Tierney, his style is not for me. Willian, too old, past his best...Anyway, it’s not about their individual creative quality. It’s about whether we would create more chances, by having a setup of (4 of these “creative players”+Auba) or having (5 of these “creative players”), against a block of opponent defenders. And I’m sure the former setup would yield a lot less chances created than the later.

We had players like Hleb, Fabregas, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin, Cazorla.....

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Any other player plays like him and they’d be on the bench, not golden boy though.

Useless.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom