• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
But he DoEsNt HaVE aNY sKILls

It's the one debate where I literally can't take people seriously.

Debating the pro's and con's of Arteta, Pepe or even Xhaka is fine. Both sides can make good arguments.

The notion that Auba shouldn't have been given a new contract or needs to be sold because he's 31 is insane to me.

Yeah, let's bin our one player in the squad who's legitimately world class at his job, scoring goals :lol:

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
It's the one debate where I literally can't take people seriously.

Debating the pro's and con's of Arteta, Pepe or even Xhaka is fine. Both sides can make good arguments.

The notion that Auba shouldn't have been given a new contract or needs to be sold because he's 31 is insane to me.

Yeah, let's bin our one player in the squad who's legitimately world class at his job, scoring goals :lol:
There are only few moments in a match that a striker would score goals. How about the other 87 minutes? Being useless in those minutes?

Strikers are also responsible for creating overload, making good combination passing play in the build up, dribbling defenders to create your own space/chance...basically creating possession/chances, and also helping with pressing if needed.

Auba is a great goal scorer, but he is useless in the other 87 minutes. Having a better footballer in the team instead of auba, who would contribute in those minutes would massively improve the quality/quantity of our chance creation.

Just look at City, if you create enough chances, your attacking players WILL score goals. You don’t even have to have a striker. Or the player in the striker position don’t even have to score many.

Last edited:

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

There are only few moments in a match that a striker would score goals. How about the other 87 minutes? Being useless in those minutes?

Strikers are also responsible for creating overload, making good combination passing play in the build up, dribbling defenders to create your own space/chance...basically creating possession/chances, and also helping with pressing if needed.

A striker is judged first and foremost on how many goals he scores. Score 25 goals a season and you can be an awful all around footballer, it doesn't matter. Be anonymous for 89 minutes, who cares as long as you score.

Look at Gary Lineker, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Filippo Inzaghi etc Hideous all round games but legendary players due to their goal scoring.

There's no need to over think things or make them more complicated than they need to be. You play to your players strengths and try to minimize their weaknesses.

It's the job of Saka, ESR, Pepe, Ødegaard, Willian etc to create chances for Auba. They are all more than capable of doing that.

It's Auba's job to put the chances they create for him into the back of the net, which he's demonstrably done to a world class level for the better part of a decade.

It's not rocket science.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Despite having a poor season, doesn't Auba still have a 1 in 2 record so far this season?

Man scores goals, we couldn't give that up...think he still has good years to give too, this is just a blip imo...still very happy we gave him that contract, good character to have in your club too.

#ArtetasCaptain :drool:
Even from the training clips I’ve seen over the season you can see he’s the best finisher at the club. Laca is pretty good in a training environment, Pepe has a wand of a left but a very poor right but nobody finished as consistently as Auba off of either foot.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
A striker is judged first and foremost on how many goals he scores. Score 25 goals a season and you can be an awful all around footballer and it doesn't matter.

Look at Gary Lineker, Ruud van Nistelrooy, Filippo Inzaghi etc Hideous all round games but legendary players due to their goal scoring.

There's no need to over think things or make them more complicated than they need to be. You play to your players strengths.

It's the job of Saka, ESR, Pepe, Ödegaard, Willian etc to create chances for Auba. They are all more than capable of doing that.

It's Auba's job to put the chances they create for him into the back of the net, which he's demonstrably done to a world class level for the better part of a decade.

It's not rocket science.
I never questioned auba’s goal scoring ability. I said he is a great goal scorer.

It's the job of Saka, ESR, Pepe, Ödegaard, Willian etc to create chances for Auba. They are all more than capable of doing that.
As I have said, there’s a massive difference to have 5 creative players vs just having 4 creative players only. Nowadays, you can’t break a team’s defence without enough creative forces.

There is no players for poacher in modern football. What’s the point of having a great goal scorer but he is useless in the remaining 87 minutes? Why not having someone who could contribute a lot in the build up while also good at finishing? (I know these players comes expensive, but my point is, modern football demand strikers to be more than just scoring goals).

After all, it’s not just about finishing. Just look at City. If you have enough creative players to create plenty of high quality chances, you just need anyone to get into the box to make an easy tap-in. They don’t have to be world class finishers. Auba in the team is limiting the quantity and quality of our chance creation, simply because we are one man down in the build up/chance creation process, we are less capable to break a solid defence down.

Last edited:

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Agree that they’ve all shown quality in the past, but the logic being used to diminish what Tuchel is doing goes along the lines of ‘he’s inherited all these players who are making his job easier’.

What he’s actually inherited are a bunch of players who aren’t playing as well as they can/could be because they’re still currently adapting to the league. It’s a talented squad but it’s actually a difficult job because their performances are yet to match their ability.

The fact he’s immediately turning that talent into points means he’s doing well, people are going on like it’s easy.
Tuchel In, Arteta Out. I'm impressed with this tactical mastermind.

Blood on the Tracks

Trusted ⭐

I never questioned auba’s goal scoring ability. I said he is a great goal scorer.

As I have said, there’s a massive difference to have 5 creative players vs just having 4 creative players only. Nowadays, you can’t break a team’s defence without enough creative forces.

There is no players for poacher in modern football. What’s the point of having a great goal scorer but he is useless in the remaining 87 minutes? Why not having someone who could contribute a lot in the build up while also good at finishing? (I know these players comes expensive, but my point is, modern football demand strikers to be more than just scoring goals).

After all, it’s not just about finishing. Just look at City. If you have enough creative players to create plenty of high quality chances, you just need anyone to get into the box to make an easy tap-in. They don’t have to be world class finishers. Auba in the team is limiting the quantity and quality of our chance creation, simply because we are one man down in the build up/chance creation process, we are less capable to break a solid defence down.

Your whole argument seems to be that you want us to be playing like a Pep Guardiola side.

Either we get an academy that produces equatable players to Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi in one generation or we gain the financial muscle of a Bayern or Man City. Otherwise it's not happening.

Guardiola's style of play only works with absolute elite players, he's said that himself. It's not a style of football you can play and be successful with, with inferior players.

Just look at the issues we've had trying to play out from the back due to weaknesses in our defensive unit. When you're Man City and have spent the GDP of a small country just on full backs since Pep's been there, defenders of that quality rarely make the mistakes ours do.

al-Ustaadh

👳‍♂️ Figuring out how to delete my account 👳‍♂️
Waiting for 10 man Chelsea to collapse to reply to a post from weeks ago is why you’re not taken seriously anymore🤌

Did you bookmark the post?😂
Haven't checked the thread in a while. The new format shows where you last left off. Saw your post. Don't flatter yourself.

And don't be triggered because your dude ****ed it up today.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Your whole argument seems to be that you want us to be playing like a Pep Guardiola side.

Either we get an academy that produces equatable players to Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets and Messi in one generation or we gain the financial muscle of a Bayern or Man City. Otherwise it's not happening.

Guardiola's style of play only works with absolute elite players, he's said that himself. It's not a style of football you can play and be successful with, with inferior players.

Just look at the issues we've had trying to play out from the back due to weaknesses in our defensive unit. When you're Man City and have spent the GDP of a small country just on full backs since Pep's been there, defenders of that quality rarely make the mistakes ours do.
Many technical players are not expensive at all.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Tuchel In, Arteta Out. I'm impressed with this tactical mastermind.
200.gif

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Many technical players are not expensive at all.
@al-Ustaadh

What is your problem on this?

For example, how much was Gouiri? How much would Edouard cost? Depay is on a free (I’m not saying it has to be these 3 players, they are just given as an example).

Replace auba, laca and nketiah with these players are already massive upgrade for the team in terms of the technical level.

Last edited:

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Haven't checked the thread in a while. The new format shows where you last left off. Saw your post. Don't flatter yourself.

And don't be triggered because your dude ****ed it up today.
He’s not my dude?

Top Bottom