• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
He played his very best this season and we would have definitely been much worse without him. With that being said, his best just isn't good enough and he needs to be upgraded on.
I mean the way I see it. If this is a mediocre Partey season and this is supposedly Xhaka’s best. What does that really say about the difference in quality of the two? I mean yes there has been some games where Xhaka has outperformed the former but there’s just things Thomas can do that Xhaka cannot. While all the computers say Xhaka is the greatest thing since sliced bread, he just doesn’t cut the mustard to becoming a CL level midfielder. It is funny seeing all those stat guys who were against Thomas become very silent and Thomas has had an injury hit season.

RunTheTrap

I have zero issues with what you write, which I think is fully correct. My mind with Xxxxhaka is just so made up after 5 years there isn't a statistic in the world that could change that view unless he starts banging in goals, makes zero defensive mistakes for a season and generally turns into this CM superman. Bar that I want him out of the squad! Or at least not a starting option.
Conversely, are there any players who look poor statistically but pass the eye-test with flying colours?

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
That doctor dude that makes the youtube player injury *assessments* is shilling for Xhaka too

R1fdEt3.gif

Spamming the ball “forward” “out” to the LB really does a number on one’s progressive stats it seems. Stats say he’s great but watching this club’s midfielders go toe to toe with Xavi (the real Xavi FFS), Busquets and Iniesta in the CL to watching the midfield get dominated at home against actual championship clubs (Leeds in FA Cup last year for example) is hard to take seeing/knowing how far things have fallen. Our midfield’s influence overall is pretty much nonesistant since he’s been a mainstay in it. Seriously man is such a nothing player it hurts my head he gets games, starts at that, for AFC now 5 years later.

Hopefully there was some other foolish club who also bought StatDna which we can con into taking Granit.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Our midfield’s influence overall is pretty much nonesistant since he’s been a mainstay in it. Seriously man is such a nothing player it hurts my head he gets games, starts at that, for AFC now 5 years later.
Listening to pundits and ex-players the highest praise I have heard levied at Xhaka is that he can do a “job”... Never heard that he was dominating or controlled the midfield. Maybe I have blacked it out in my aversion of him but at best he gets faint praise.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Iniesta has really good/excellent stats. You'd have to look at top active players to really surpass him stats -wise and that is with the two huge caveats of A: They still being in their prime B: Stats weren't really counted when Iniesta started out. (So, you don't have them for the first 4-5 years of his Barcelona career)

Kysus

Watch us today and watch us with Xhaka, difference is mindblowing.
Can't believe there are some fans totally oblivious of his importance.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Yeah because we never lose with Xhaka smh
You cultists disappear after every one of his disasterclass but because we lost without him here you are going on about this mediocre bum

He is better than Ceballos, big deal. One mid table plodder being better than another one doesn’t change anything

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Xhaka is important to our midfield he make mistakes and we need to sell him but it's clear neither of Ceballos or Elneny taking his place because they 10x worse than him

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
To be fair when your alternates are Ceballos or Elneny, I'd seriously worry if your not much better than them.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Our midfield is terrible & should be the first priority to improve
Agree major overhaul needed it's very clear we just lack alot and football these days if you don't have competitive midfield you not going anywhere

HaffBR

Designer of fancy pyramids
Ødegaard = 7/10 = decent to good player
Partey = 6/10 = decent player
Xhaka = 4.5/10 = mediocre to bad player
Ceballos, Elneny = 3/10 terrible.

Ash10

Agree major overhaul needed it's very clear we just lack alot and football these days if you don't have competitive midfield you not going anywhere
The fact that Xhaka is an important starter tells you all you need to know. This midfield has been mediocre for so long. Before we used to lose in stupid ways now we just get played off the park so often. Yes the management hasn’t been great but these midfield options are a bad joke

Kysus

Yeah because we never lose with Xhaka smh
You cultists disappear after every one of his disasterclass but because we lost without him here you are going on about this mediocre bum

He is better than Ceballos, big deal. One mid table plodder being better than another one doesn’t change anything
Xhaka is one of the best Cms in the league for many years now.
You haters disappear for all his word-class performances, just to jump out of the woodwork after even the tiniest mistake.

If you seriously cannot see why Xhaka is such a good player and therefore obviously very important for us, I would recommend reflecting on your football knowledge and watching with more awareness. You are apparently missing a lot.

Ash10

Xhaka is one of the best Cms in the league for many years now.
You haters disappear for all his word-class performances, just to jump out of the woodwork after even the tiniest mistake.

If you seriously cannot see why Xhaka is such a good player and therefore obviously very important for us, I would recommend reflecting on your football knowledge and watching with more awareness. You are apparently missing a lot.
Manberg is that you?

RunTheTrap

I can’t be arsed to retype this so I’m just gonna copy and paste this. P.S this includes Luiz too.

I’ve been seeing a lot of this on Twitter and I genuinely want to know just how short term memories can be. Xhaka and Luiz were present at our losses against Liverpool for years now. You can literally type Arsenal-Liverpool results and you can see just how poor those two have been. They were just as poor then as we are now, so I don’t understand why fans have to glorify their absence. If you don’t have motivation to play Liverpool at home then you are the problem. Motivation isn’t the issue, it’s lack of quality and a manager who got outmatched today.

Xhaka was terrible against Liverpool that he got hooked earlier this season at Anfield. He was poor when we beat them 2-1 at home in that fluke win. Xhaka was poor against Liverpool when we lost to them 3-1 under Emery and tried the diamond against them. We were poor against them in the 5-1 loss to them under Emery too. If you wanna go back to Wenger years then you will be pleased to know that Xhaka was present in the 5-0 loss and 4-3 loss at home. The only time he’s been good against Liverpool was the community shield with Elneny next to him and the 1-1 draw to them under Emery. Out of all of the teams we play, Xhaka, without doubt struggles against Liverpool the most. So, please let’s not revise history.

Kysus

Manberg is that you?
I'm Wenger, Arsène.
I can’t be arsed to retype this so I’m just gonna copy and paste this. P.S this includes Luiz too.

I’ve been seeing a lot of this on Twitter and I genuinely want to know just how short term memories can be. Xhaka and Luiz were present at our losses against Liverpool for years now. You can literally type Arsenal-Liverpool results and you can see just how poor those two have been. They were just as poor then as we are now, so I don’t understand why fans have to glorify their absence. If you don’t have motivation to play Liverpool at home then you are the problem. Motivation isn’t the issue, it’s lack of quality and a manager who got outmatched today.

Xhaka was terrible against Liverpool that he got hooked earlier this season at Anfield. He was poor when we beat them 2-1 at home in that fluke win. Xhaka was poor against Liverpool when we lost to them 3-1 under Emery and tried the diamond against them. We were poor against them in the 5-1 loss to them under Emery too. If you wanna go back to Wenger years then you will be pleased to know that Xhaka was present in the 5-0 loss and 4-3 loss at home. The only time he’s been good against Liverpool was the community shield with Elneny next to him and the 1-1 draw to them under Emery. Out of all of the teams we play, Xhaka, without doubt struggles against Liverpool the most. So, please let’s not revise history.
Lol, like you even remember all those games, let alone Xhaka's individual performance in them.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
He wasn't missed today. Liverpool played around all our players with quick passes. I'm sure he'd have been caught flat footed. We need to ditch 4231 as we're always outnumbered by players who are superior technically or physically as well as numerically. He is the best of a bad bunch to partner Partey

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
No, we are not missing Xhaka, just like we are not missing Willock, AMN, Elneny or Ceballos.

What we do miss is a proper partner for Partey, and that can only come from the transfer market. The best Xhaka can do for this club is to leave and get us a fraction of the value we'll have to pay for a top quality midfielder.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom