• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

La Liga Thread

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Wait Valencia continue, but Diakhaby hasn't. How's that fair? So Diakhaby is punished by having to leave a game early, Valencia are punished by losing a substitution, and Cadiz go unpunished.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Wait Valencia continue, but Diakhaby hasn't. How's that fair? So Diakhaby is punished by having to leave a game early, Valencia are punished by losing a substitution, and Cadiz go unpunished.
He might asked to subbed or will cost his team because he won't be totally focused. I have no hope of Spain or Italy they just ignore racism won't be surprised if Cadiz only get minimum fine

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He might asked to subbed or will cost his team because he won't be totally focused. I have no hope of Spain or Italy they just ignore racism won't be surprised if Cadiz only get minimum fine

The commentators aren't even using the R word, just saying there was an 'altercation', as if a black player just walked off the pitch for no reason.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I think there's a separation between racism on social media and racism on the pitch. I don't think there'll ever be an end to racism on social media, you can't control millions of people, it's just gonna happen. Racism on the pitch from professional players though, you absolutely can eradicate that very easily, you know who the culprit is and you can punish them very severely. It's ridiculous that a Slavia Prague player and a Cadiz player can do that in the space of a couple of weeks.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I think there's a separation between racism on social media and racism on the pitch. I don't think there'll ever be an end to racism on social media, you can't control millions of people, it's just gonna happen. Racism on the pitch from professional players though, you absolutely can eradicate that very easily, you know who the culprit is and you can punish them very severely. It's ridiculous that a Slavia Prague player and a Cadiz player can do that in the space of a couple of weeks.
Still waiting for Uefa to ban that Slavia Prague player. Turn out they done nothing again and will probably play against us

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
I saw an image of Diakhaby afterwards sitting on the sidelines by himself, looking absolutely furious tbh. I mean I wasn't there, but one scenario he asked his teammates to go back on and the other he wanted to leave but they didn't want to forfeit so went on without him...I mean the second scenario feels much more realistic.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Very cynical messaging from the Valencia twitter account, 'fully supporting' him and making it sound like he implored his teammates to carry on without him. D'you know what I think happened, he stormed off, they were told if you do that you'll forfeit the game, and he felt pressured to say "fine sub me and carry on" cos he doesn't want to get blamed for losing a match. That's not showing support. That's fake friendship.

There was a good article in the Guardian by Jonathan Lieu the other day, about how there's no correct way for a black player to respond to racial abuse on the pitch, whatever they do they isn't good enough and they get criticised.

Latest posts

Top Bottom