• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Fighting Until The End

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

I'm very happy to see so many people finally shed the Arteta hype, I'm just curious as to why now? Why this game?
They will be back next time we smash relegation fodder people are just hurting and talking sh*t.

Some of the Arteta guys were unbearable these past few weeks so they needed to be taken down a peg or two tbh. They'll be back though, this means nothing in the grand scheme really it's still Arteta's job to lose unless he decides to walk away for whatever reason.

I think Europa cup wins would heal most wounds.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
They will be back next time we smash relegation fodder people are just hurting and talking sh*t.

Some of the Arteta guys were unbearable these past few weeks so they needed to be taken down a peg or two tbh. They'll be back though, this means nothing in the grand scheme really it's still Arteta's job to lose unless he decides to walk away for whatever reason.

I think Europa cup wins would heal most wounds.

Like cockroaches, we will always come crawling back!

Though I am very worried about the game against Sheffield United next weekend, bottom of the table and always losing...don't bode well, tbh :lol:

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
The level headed Arteta In peeps don't need to post every day trying to convince others to join us. The mentally frail and weak have to come in this thread after every result and every public comment to try and sway those to their side because they know they're propping up a house of cards.

Arsène Wenger told you to stay strong in your beliefs and here you lot are waffling and crying every day about wanting to fire the manager.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Like cockroaches, we will always come crawling back!

Though I am very worried about the game against Sheffield United next weekend, bottom of the table and always losing...don't bode well, tbh :lol:
nah easy 3 points tbh. I saw them against Leeds they got nothing, sacking Wilder defo did more harm than good.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

nah easy 3 points tbh. I saw them against Leeds they got nothing, sacking Wilder defo did more harm than good.

Doesn’t matter. Whoever the team we seem to play down to them.

I could see us scraping a win but any result isn’t out the window.

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Doesn’t matter. Whoever the team we seem to play down to them.

I could see us scraping a win but any result isn’t out the window.
I really can't see them doing anything, regardless of who we field we would have enough to get the result. Even if it's not pretty.

Even if we somehow lose, what consequence is it really going to have? :lol:

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
The level headed Arteta In peeps don't need to post every day trying to convince others to join us. The mentally frail and weak have to come in this thread after every result and every public comment to try and sway those to their side because they know they're propping up a house of cards.

Arsène Wenger told you to stay strong in your beliefs and here you lot are waffling and crying every day about wanting to fire the manager.

Wenger never had us in 10th

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Even if we somehow lose, what consequence is it really going to have? :lol:

Good point.

Win, lose or draw next weekend...Arteta is still getting those AFTV gifs!

Macho

DJ Machodemiks
Dusted 🔻

Good point.

Win, lose or draw next weekend...Arteta is still getting those AFTV gifs!
Someone needs to tell Arteta he's not exactly expected or under massive pressure to win any games :lol:

He should free the mandem a bit and perhaps not lean on cowardly tactics unnecessarily. There was no reason to lead us slowly to our deaths like that against Pool really, they haven't even been good.

6c5ru0ju55r61.jpg

Points per season (38 games) using data from 50 games for each of them:
Arteta 57, Emery 66, Wenger 67

The points/points per season are from some reddit comment so no idea if accurate.

Why does Emery get 51 game and the others 50? Is this one game win, draw or loss?

I dont think there is mich differencw between Arteta and Emery after that we take into account that Emery took over a team with solid base. Needed a lot of work but solid. Arteta then took over a team that was in shambles.

The worrying thing with Arteta imo is his recruitment. I have no idea what is the point getting rid of Özil and then make exactly the same problem with Auba. Signings like Mari, Soares, Willian is bad use of resources.

AbouCuéllar

Author of A-M essays 📚
Copy and posting my thoughts on Arteta in PM to my main man @DavidHillier 🥰

I tried to watch the MotD highlights this morning to get a little bit of "insight" on the game, but after watching the highlights it was a bit too depressing and decided I'd wait til a moment when I'm not hungover lol.

Sounds like a ****show, though. After the Olympiakos and Tottenham results I was hoping we could finally get some momentum going, the performances had been in general quite good since ESR's insertion in December and I felt the project was gaining some real traction and momentum, but these last two results/performances have been pretty dire, and it just seems like the project never really takes off. Really frustrating because I had really gotten my hopes up.

I don't know, Dave. I still have faith in Arteta, because I think he's clearly a good football mind who clearly has the players on board, but the growing pains are a lot worse than I had hoped and at some point the results really are just unacceptable...I was willing to give him a bit of a pass for the massive miscalculation of not bringing in a creative force in the summer window due to covid, due to ESR's injury, etc., but it's really not good enough at this point, and the turn-around hasn't been to the extent that it can be justified (it's not like we've rolled off 10 wins in a row or got ourselves back into an interesting position in the league, in a season where top 4 really is up for grabs and should've been a realistic target).

At this point everything rests on 5 games in EL. One of them being a final, potentially, a one-off. It's massively risky... if we get to that final (I think we will, but I'm also typically a bit tending toward over-optimistic), you're basically resting the whole season and the success of the project on a coin flip (because even EL qualification is looking a bit complicated at this point, though the schedule is quite favourable, think we could get it still, especially since FA Cup winners and hopefully Carling Cup winners should go to teams already qualified in CL spots).

Nothing to do but wait to see how the season plans out, but yeah, this is the most negative I've felt about the project since December, while still tentatively tending toward being a believer in Arteta.

Graham Potter is someone I think we should consider if it doesn't go well the rest of this season. If we don't win EL and don't qualify for EL through the league then I would pull the trigger. If we do both I'll feel very good about the project and Arteta. If we only do the latter I'd go into next season with my doubts but would see how the project evolves in the summer and early next season before thinking it would be worth pulling the plug if things don't drastically improve next season.

mirrorstare

In this very lucky season for us, we have another chance to paper over the cracks with the next 2 league games, facing a team that is already relegated and in complete disarray after sacking Wilder, and a team fighting relegation but in poor form.

And even if we screw that up, we get a run against the other two teams composing the bottom 4, the two teams we've arguably had our best performances in the league against. I guess we can measure against that, thinking they'll be slightly harder now they're fighting relegation

You can simulate the rest of the matches here btw Tabellenrechner

I did it a bit too quickly but what I got is we end 10th with 53 points

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Getting Emery before the sacking vibes

Don't think he can turn it around at all. Losing at home to Olympiacos and the West Ham result killed any good vibes.

DavidHillier

Back to A-M 😞
Copy and posting my thoughts on Arteta in PM to my main man @DavidHillier 🥰

I tried to watch the MotD highlights this morning to get a little bit of "insight" on the game, but after watching the highlights it was a bit too depressing and decided I'd wait til a moment when I'm not hungover lol.

Sounds like a ****show, though. After the Olympiakos and Tottenham results I was hoping we could finally get some momentum going, the performances had been in general quite good since ESR's insertion in December and I felt the project was gaining some real traction and momentum, but these last two results/performances have been pretty dire, and it just seems like the project never really takes off. Really frustrating because I had really gotten my hopes up.

I don't know, Dave. I still have faith in Arteta, because I think he's clearly a good football mind who clearly has the players on board, but the growing pains are a lot worse than I had hoped and at some point the results really are just unacceptable...I was willing to give him a bit of a pass for the massive miscalculation of not bringing in a creative force in the summer window due to covid, due to ESR's injury, etc., but it's really not good enough at this point, and the turn-around hasn't been to the extent that it can be justified (it's not like we've rolled off 10 wins in a row or got ourselves back into an interesting position in the league, in a season where top 4 really is up for grabs and should've been a realistic target).

At this point everything rests on 5 games in EL. One of them being a final, potentially, a one-off. It's massively risky... if we get to that final (I think we will, but I'm also typically a bit tending toward over-optimistic), you're basically resting the whole season and the success of the project on a coin flip (because even EL qualification is looking a bit complicated at this point, though the schedule is quite favourable, think we could get it still, especially since FA Cup winners and hopefully Carling Cup winners should go to teams already qualified in CL spots).

Nothing to do but wait to see how the season plans out, but yeah, this is the most negative I've felt about the project since December, while still tentatively tending toward being a believer in Arteta.

Graham Potter is someone I think we should consider if it doesn't go well the rest of this season. If we don't win EL and don't qualify for EL through the league then I would pull the trigger. If we do both I'll feel very good about the project and Arteta. If we only do the latter I'd go into next season with my doubts but would see how the project evolves in the summer and early next season before thinking it would be worth pulling the plug if things don't drastically improve next season.
Thanks AC 😊

Where do you stand on Rafa Benitez as a possible replacement, if it comes down to it? A poster (forgive me, I can't remember his/her name) mentioned Rafa earlier.

If I had a personal preference, I don't like Rafa. The embittered individual in me thinks he's won trophies by fluke (damning, I know).

However, I can warm to the idea if Rafa turns our fortunes (and he's also a more experienced manager than Captain Scarlett)

Arsenal Quotes

Nobody has enough talent to live on talent alone. Even when you have talent, a life without work goes nowhere

Arsène Wenger

Latest posts

Top Bottom