• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu's Transfer Targets: Summer Holidays 2021

Which position would be your #1 priority to strengthen?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kysus

I can answer both.

Tall, Old, from the Netherlands, plays in Germany, knows where the net is, Giroud but good at football, I'm obsessed with him even though I have never watched him play a full game.

My number 1 target for striker.
Poor man's Giroud, scoring 17 goals in a league where Werner netted 28 in 34.
Ye no thanks

Iwobeast

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I can answer both.

Tall, Old, from the Netherlands, plays in Germany, knows where the net is, Giroud but good at football, I'm obsessed with him even though I have never watched him play a full game.

My number 1 target for striker.

Weghorst isn't good enough. Been following him since his Eredivisie days. I do think Giroud is the better player, Weghorst is just a poacher with an incredible work rate. I'm impressed by how far he has taken his career, few people expected him to succeed in the Bundesliga, but it's probably his ceiling.

He would be a good striker if the ambition is to stay mid-table.

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Not sure Hackimi for a bomb fee is worth it.

Really don't want us to make anymore signings like this. We need to sort our spine out before Arteta does a Pep impression and drops £45m on a fullback. There must be a cheap fullback that can run up and down, cross and pass the ball that isn't already an established name and will come cheaper than Hakimi.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Already looking at Ödegaard alternatives?

Read an interesting article about the so called leading chance creators in Europe this year. While guys like Buendia were mostly from open play, I think Calhanoglu was almost solely from set pieces.

It’s one thing delivering corners and free kicks for Zlatan but do we really have that kind of player in our team?

If anyone has that article and graph I’d be very grateful.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Calhanoglu would very good free agent pick up. still 27 years old.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Read an interesting article about the so called leading chance creators in Europe this year. While guys like Buendia were mostly from open play, I think Calhanoglu was almost solely from set pieces.

It’s one thing delivering corners and free kicks for Zlatan but do we really have that kind of player in our team?

he is very good set piece taker and like to take shots from distance is he going to be better than Willian? 100% but of course you'd prefer someone like Ødegaard in your team.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

he is very good set piece taker and like to take shots from distance is he going to be better than Willian? 100% but of course you'd prefer someone like Ödegaard in your team.

Exactly. Ødegaard is good from open play so someone like Olise or Buendia seems a more natural fit.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Exactly. Ödegaard is good from open play so someone like Olise or Buendia seems a more natural fit.
really need to show bit ambition and get Ødegaard signed even without europe i could see him chosing us he already said he like what he see from Mikel and happy here but knowing our club they'll probably only get him on loan again. Olise i saw again today Bayern very interested in him.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel

To be fair it would be great to have someone who could actually take corners. I've no doubt that ability would suddenly disappear upon signing for us though 😄

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

Yh I saw that, his numbers are very deceptive, hardly any open-play creation. Wouldn't go near him with a barge pole.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐

linked with the poor man Bruno Fernandes. still can't trust anything from Portugal even if their most trusted paper.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
He signed a new deal there but maybe that's just about protecting his value. They seem to rate him highly up there. I'd prefer this type of deal than a move for Bertrand or someone like that.

Goonger

He signed a new deal there but maybe that's just about protecting his value. They seem to rate him highly up there. I'd prefer this type of deal than a move for Bertrand or someone like that.

Yeah, you offer any non Old Firm Scottish club £2M-£3M for 1 of their players just now you get him, regardless of contract status. He'd be a good pick up, & Tierney would be a great mentor for him.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

This is a rumour I could get behind, people who watch La Liga say he's consistently very good, one of those midfielders that can get his foot on the ball and control a game, but more rangy and mobile than Xhaka. Think you'd probably have to spend the same amount as for Partey, around 45m.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom