• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Nicolas Pepe: The Nutmeg Express!

What would you do with Pepe?

• Keep him for the foreseeable future

• Give him one more season to prove himself

• Sell if you can get a significant fee, keep otherwise

• Sell at any price

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

say yes

forum master baiter
The difference in quality between him and Saka on the right is massive.

Want him to succeed here, but he’s useless when it comes to building up play. Which isn’t good enough at that price tag.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

Want him to succeed here, but he’s useless when it comes to building up play. Which isn’t good enough at that price tag.
I think he good player when you dominate the game but against likes of city and Liverpool he not influence the game at all he just seem lose possession every time he with ball.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?

The difference between the two is zero (which is not ideal when you consider what we've paid for him), Pepe will give us more goals and Saka will give us more creativity and quality on the ball in the buildup. When we manage to pin the opposition to their own box I trust Pepe more than any other winger we have, but when we play on the counter and struggle to keep possession, he is just average and I find Willian and Saka more useful in those situations (even ESR).

It's on the manager to understand when Pepe is needed and when Willian or Saka are needed. I have no doubts though that we will play attacking football on Thursday and Pepe will end up on the bench, just when he could actually be useful to us. Arteta still didn't figure out what his players can do or can't do in certain situations, which is embarrassing.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

With his notepad and pencil showing me Pepe’s expected turns in the opposition box.
I’ve already proved my point which is that he’s a good player who Arteta doesn’t give a chance. No need to even use advanced stats, the simple goals and assists stats prove it.

Saka/Messi/Jesus Christ wouldn’t have done anything yesterday, Liverpool dominated us from start to finish. But you know this already anyway.

Bye hater 😘

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

I’ve already proved my point which is that he’s a good player who Arteta doesn’t give a chance. No need to even use advanced stats, the simple goals and assists stats prove it.

Saka/Messi/Jesus Christ wouldn’t have done anything yesterday, Liverpool dominated us from start to finish. But you know this already anyway.

Bye hater 😘

Well yeah, only because it's today that he rises again.

Arteta has invested a lot in him. Though he was starting to show something but it's just the same old Pepe. Quality some moments. Not good enough most of the time.

Shame we spent money on him and he turned out to be so bad that we will get very little in the return.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

Arteta has invested a lot in him. Though he was starting to show something but it's just the same old Pepe. Quality some moments. Not good enough most of the time.

Shame we spent money on him and he turned out to be so bad that we will get very little in the return.
Maybe if we respected our previous manager who wanted zaha things would have been better. This is our karma

LG10

He‘s got to go I’m afraid, completely brainless and doesn’t have the right mentality

Taylor Gang Gunners

Say Yeh or You're Making The List
Trusted ⭐
Good player, one I really like. But if you get a good offer for him you take it. We can blame Arteta till the cows come home but he himself needs to put in better performances consistently. He was terrible against Liverpool, he couldn’t carry the ball five yards without getting dispossessed.

I’m not championing selling him but he’s far from a key player here. It’s disappointing because of the money we paid but I think at best he can be a good rotational option here. Happy to be proved wrong of course.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I think you've just got to put the price tag out of the window. That's not Pepe's fault. Blame the club on that one.

He's a squad / rotation level player that will occasionally do something exceptional. There's a role he can fill here.

Either we accept that or we take the loss and move him on for £25-30m.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

@Trilly is gonna come for you
I’m not involved anymore. He won’t be given opportunities even if playing well and it only takes one bad performance for all the criticism to come back.

The athletic posted a ‘tactical analysis’ piece showing that he was ignored in the build up play and only targeted from long goal kicks yet he still gets the most criticism of any player in a game where we were completely dominated.

Pepe is the new A-M scapegoat so there’s no point defending a player when they reach that status on here. You know it’s over when Jamie Carragher’s opinion is being posted on here. Same guy who put Salah in his top 10 greatest PL strikers lost and left off RvN. 🤣

I wish Saka had played, apparently he would have single handedly fixed everything that was wrong with Saturday’s performance. 😅

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom