• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Wish List

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Buendia is quality, still only 24 and more importantly improving every year. Was always a good creator but now adding goals to his game as well. I'm pretty convinced he'll be the next Maddison/Jota to make the jump from the Championship, although the difference is he's already had a season in the PL. The fee Norwich will demand since they're pretty much nailed on to get promoted at this point isn't something I could see us paying though unfortunately. He's the type of signing you could see Liverpool make in a year or so.
I think Leicester could make a move.

Ndidi Tielemans - Barnes Maddison Buendia - Vardy.

They’ll leave us behind.

truth_hurts

but Holding’s hair transplant was painless
Clearly you haven’t noticed but yes, he is doing amazing in The Championship. He was also one of the best creators in the PL last season.

You do realise players like Jota, Robertson, Grealish, Maddison, James Justin etc... all played in The Championship right?

But yet you go on championing Leon Bailly having watched some YouTube highlights.
Stop moving the goal posts you clown. Nowhere have I stated good players do not play in The Champiomship. Which of the players that you've mentioned are of the same level as Bruno and KDB?

My problem is the expectation that Buendia would come here and be comparable to KDB or Bruno on any metric.

truth_hurts

Buendia is quality, still only 24 and more importantly improving every year. Was always a good creator but now adding goals to his game as well. I'm pretty convinced he'll be the next Maddison/Jota to make the jump from the Championship, although the difference is he's already had a season in the PL. The fee Norwich will demand since they're pretty much nailed on to get promoted at this point isn't something I could see us paying though unfortunately. He's the type of signing you could see Liverpool make in a year or so.
Would you spend 45m on Buendia?

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Stop moving the goal posts you clown. Nowhere have I stated good players do not play in The Champiomship. Which of the players that you've mentioned are of the same level as Bruno and KDB?

My problem is the expectation that Buendia would come here and be comparable to KDB or Bruno on any metric.
You’ve said numerous times we should sign Champions League players.

Why can’t he emulate Bruno? Bruno played in Italy, failed, went to Sporting, thrived in a lesser league, and now, in the right set up, is thriving for Utd. Right set up being key, the Bruno for Portugal isnt the same as the Bruno for Utd. Buendias numbers are off the charts, even in the PL last season, he was creating a lot of chances. He’s 24, he’s played a lot of football, gained experience, he’s at the stage in his career where he’s ready to take off.

I don’t think you’ve watched him enough.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Would you spend 45m on Buendia?
Depends what the other options were, I'm not convinced he'll go for as much as that when Norwich do eventually sell him. Would you have spent £40m on Jota last summer or going back even further the £25m it took for Leicester to get Maddison from Norwich?

truth_hurts

You’ve said numerous times we should sign Champions League players.

Why can’t he emulate Bruno? Bruno played in Italy, failed, went to Sporting, thrived in a lesser league, and now, in the right set up, is thriving for Utd. Right set up being key, the Bruno for Portugal isnt the same as the Bruno for Utd. Buendias numbers are off the charts, even in the PL last season, he was creating a lot of chances. He’s 24, he’s played a lot of football, gained experience, he’s at the stage in his career where he’s ready to take off.

I don’t think you’ve watched him enough.
In fairness, I haven't watched loads of Buendia. I think asking him to emulate Europe's form attacking midfielder or the league's best player is a huge ask and if that's the expectation- disappointment will more than likely loom.

Buendia looks a decent player, but I guess I'm not as convinced on his potential impact as others.

truth_hurts

Depends what the other options were, I'm not convinced he'll go for as much as that when Norwich do eventually sell him. Would you have spent £40m on Jota last summer or going back even further the £25m it took for Leicester to get Maddison from Norwich?
Jota - yes. Always thought he looked class. To be honest, I knew very little on Maddison, so perhaps not.

I'm honest enough to admit that if we were to have spent 25m on Maddison to replace Özil, I would have wanted heads on sticks. I believe that there is plenty of quality in The Championship.

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli
I think Leicester could make a move.

Ndidi Tielemans - Barnes Maddison Buendia - Vardy.

They’ll leave us behind.

That looks great for them but I still think they need a Vardy successor unless Kelechi can keep progressing as he has looked great recently.

As for us and Buendia, it just seems too perfect for us but knowing us we will miss out and look at it later on and think why didn't we get him....happens so often to us FFS.

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
In fairness, I haven't watched loads of Buendia. I think asking him to emulate Europe's form attacking midfielder or the league's best player is a huge ask and if that's the expectation- disappointment will more than likely loom.

Buendia looks a decent player, but I guess I'm not as convinced on his potential impact as others.
Arguably, he has more to his game than Bruno. He’s certainly a better ball carrier. Now he’s adding goals to his game, he’s the total package, creativity, goal threat, mentality, work rate.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Jota - yes. Always thought he looked class. To be honest, I knew very little on Maddison, so perhaps not.

I'm honest enough to admit that if we were to have spent 25m on Maddison to replace Özil, I would have wanted heads on sticks. I believe that there is plenty of quality in The Championship.
For me we've got to be realistic about where we are as a club. We're not challenging for a title any time soon and if we go by this season, miles off top 4. To me we can't be turning our noses up at players coming out of the Championship. That's not to say every single player would be a success either, especially knowing our luck.

The likes of Grealish, Maddison, Jota or Watkins are now at clubs we are competing with to try and eventually reach top 4 and all of those we would be highly unlikely to ever sign now. I wouldn't be surprised if a Leicester type signed Buendia and a year down the road lots of people are complaining "why didn't we go for him?".

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Take chances created, then. 3 players have more chances created per 90 minutes this season, than Buendia had last season playing for a relegation team. Those three are KDB, Bruno and Grealish. Last season, only De Bruyne created more chances per 90.

To add to that, he created more chances than Messi, Sancho, was on par with Luis Alberto and not too far behind Müller last season. Again, playing for a relegation team.

This year he's creating more chances than any of them as well as being ahead in scoring (non-pk goals) all except for Messi and Müller (caveat for playing in a lesser league)

All in all, I'd say he does actually come pretty close...

Heavy Duty Rom

Outdated Tweets Merchant
Take chances created, then. 3 players have more chances created per 90 minutes this season, than Buendia had last season playing for a relegation team. Those three are KDB, Bruno and Grealish. Last season, only De Bruyne created more chances per 90.

To add to that, he created more chances than Messi, Sancho, was on par with Luis Alberto and not too far behind Müller last season. Again, playing for a relegation team.

This year he's creating more chances than any of them as well as being ahead in scoring (non-pk goals) all except for Messi and Müller (caveat for playing in a lesser league)

All in all, I'd say he does actually come pretty close...
He’s like a Hazard/Bruno hybrid. Has Hazard ball carrying/link up with Bruno’s mentality and willingness to always look for the killer pass. Such an obvious signing.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

RB, CM and AM are the positions where we have the most potential improve.

CM - Bentancur / Paredes
More on the DM side of the spectra, but I reckon both would be good upgrades on Xhaka. Defensively sound and good passers. Bentancur the more athletic and Paredes a more prolific progressive passer & carrier. Juve and PSG respectively so maybe there are deals to be made including Heccy..? Would allow Partey a more expansive role.

If we could also manage to sell Xhaka I'd try everything for Gravenberch.

RB - Hakimi / Mazraoui
I've been against getting Hakimi for a back 4, since I'm suspect of his defensive qualities. If we play a pivot though, with Partey and Betancur/Paredes we'd have quitegood cover and then maybe Hakimi is actually a real good shout. He would improve us a lot going forward. Mazraoui is the alternative. I also think that Mukiele and Zeki Celek could be good alternatives.

AM - Buendia / Ödegaard
Buendia has mostly played as RW and that's where he's been best. He has played as AM and RM as well though and I think/feel/hope that we'd be able to translate his game to a more central position, since he seems to have somewhat of a free role and cover a lot of the pitch anyway. His numbers and output looks sooo good and he has great work rate and contributes in defensively as well. Ödegaard isn't really the same profile imo and ideally we could have them both. Think the outlay is too steep though and I'd prioritise Buendia as the time to get hi is now.

Wish list stuff to get all of them as I think it'd take like £170m. Still, if we can sell some fringe players or even use as makeweights (Bellerin+Laca to Juve, Reiss to Norwich, etc) then maybe it's possible.

Leno
Hakimi - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Bentancur - Partey
Buendia - Ödegaard - Saka
Auba

I know both Saka and Buendia are best at RW but we know Saka works on the left and Tierney was at his best when Saka played on the left hand side. I also think Buendia should be able to play on the left as well where he can step in and use his right foot.

truth_hurts

RB, CM and AM are the positions where we have the most potential improve.

CM - Bentancur / Paredes
More on the DM side of the spectra, but I reckon both would be good upgrades on Xhaka. Defensively sound and good passers. Bentancur the more athletic and Paredes a more prolific progressive passer & carrier. Juve and PSG respectively so maybe there are deals to be made including Heccy..? Would allow Partey a more expansive role.

If we could also manage to sell Xhaka I'd try everything for Gravenberch.

RB - Hakimi / Mazraoui
I've been against getting Hakimi for a back 4, since I'm suspect of his defensive qualities. If we play a pivot though, with Partey and Betancur/Paredes we'd have quitegood cover and then maybe Hakimi is actually a real good shout. He would improve us a lot going forward. Mazraoui is the alternative. I also think that Mukiele and Zeki Celek could be good alternatives.

AM - Buendia / Ödegaard
Buendia has mostly played as RW and that's where he's been best. He has played as AM and RM as well though and I think/feel/hope that we'd be able to translate his game to a more central position, since he seems to have somewhat of a free role and cover a lot of the pitch anyway. His numbers and output looks sooo good and he has great work rate and contributes in defensively as well. Ödegaard isn't really the same profile imo and ideally we could have them both. Think the outlay is too steep though and I'd prioritise Buendia as the time to get hi is now.

Wish list stuff to get all of them as I think it'd take like £170m. Still, if we can sell some fringe players or even use as makeweights (Bellerin+Laca to Juve, Reiss to Norwich, etc) then maybe it's possible.

Leno
Hakimi - Saliba - Gabriel - Tierney
Bentancur - Partey
Buendia - Ödegaard - Saka
Auba

I know both Saka and Buendia are best at RW but we know Saka works on the left and Tierney was at his best when Saka played on the left hand side. I also think Buendia should be able to play on the left as well where he can step in and use his right foot.
I'd worry about only having 1 goalscorer in the line up.

Sebastes

Statbomb Merchant
Trusted ⭐

I'd worry about only having 1 goalscorer in the line up.
Fair point and I was thinking about this. I believe Buendia will add some goals and Saka is like the top 3 goalscoring teenagers in Europe this season. He'll improve. It's still a valid point and my alternative would be to drop Ödegaard, play Buendia at AM and look for a goalscoring LW. My first choice would be Depay as I think he has a lot to offer and would be free, but could also look at someone like @Football Manager 's pick Gouiri or even backing Martinelli to step up. All choices would be cheaper in terms of transfer costs and would make it all more achievable

Saka - Buendia - Depay
Auba

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Czech wonderkid we were linked with a while ago, had a bad injury but back on his feet again. Tall and strong, very skilful. Could use our Rosicky connections. And guess what...he used to play for us??

EySGXeQWgAA65d0

Top Bottom