• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I can’t be arsed to retype this so I’m just gonna copy and paste this. P.S this includes Luiz too.

I’ve been seeing a lot of this on Twitter and I genuinely want to know just how short term memories can be. Xhaka and Luiz were present at our losses against Liverpool for years now. You can literally type Arsenal-Liverpool results and you can see just how poor those two have been. They were just as poor then as we are now, so I don’t understand why fans have to glorify their absence. If you don’t have motivation to play Liverpool at home then you are the problem. Motivation isn’t the issue, it’s lack of quality and a manager who got outmatched today.

Xhaka was terrible against Liverpool that he got hooked earlier this season at Anfield. He was poor when we beat them 2-1 at home in that fluke win. Xhaka was poor against Liverpool when we lost to them 3-1 under Emery and tried the diamond against them. We were poor against them in the 5-1 loss to them under Emery too. If you wanna go back to Wenger years then you will be pleased to know that Xhaka was present in the 5-0 loss and 4-3 loss at home. The only time he’s been good against Liverpool was the community shield with Elneny next to him and the 1-1 draw to them under Emery. Out of all of the teams we play, Xhaka, without doubt struggles against Liverpool the most. So, please let’s not revise history.
Knowing him, he probably faked the illness to escape from being butchered.

akhil

Not really, just showed how bad Ceballos is. Highlighted both Gabriel and Holding's lack ability on the ball as well. Not exactly mutually exclusive.

UpTheGunnerz

Vrei sa pleci dar una una iei

Player:Elneny
What's Xavi ever achieved in England to be compared to our Granit anyway?

Granit has beat Chelsea in two finals, while Xavi looks the type to get bullied at Sunderland away in the 4th round!
Riou becoming more and more embroiled in the troll game, his innocent soul

Not sure my heart can take it

Its 5 pints for me tonight Clive

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
"He became a better player not playing against Liverpool"

What does that even mean?! :lol:

Forgive Merson, the Tuesday Club days have probably taken their toll. He means Xhaka is considered to be a better player now because he wasn't involved against Liverpool.

Remember when Rosicky was out for a year and he became Zidane, Vieira and Pirlo all rolled into one? This is that but on a smaller scale.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Forgive Merson, the Tuesday Club days have probably taken their toll. He means Xhaka is considered to be a better player now because he wasn't involved against Liverpool.

Remember when Rosicky was out for a year and he became Zidane, Vieira and Pirlo all rolled into one? This is that but on a smaller scale.

Rozza was a very good player though and played well when could get him fit.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Rozza was a very good player though and played well when could get him fit.

I never said he was awful. I think you're overrating him slightly and forgetting his poor performances when he came back but I'll leave that be.

He was a good player but when he was out, fans acted like he was Zidane, which he wasn't.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
He wasn't missed today. Liverpool played around all our players with quick passes. I'm sure he'd have been caught flat footed. We need to ditch 4231 as we're always outnumbered by players who are superior technically or physically as well as numerically. He is the best of a bad bunch to partner Partey

Funny enough, take out the Liverpool references and you could be talking about any game that Xhaka has missed.

That last line reminds me of something Alan Davies said years ago (although Kos turned out to be far better than anyone hoped), "The only reason we like Koscielny is that he's not Squillaci". When the rationale for playing a player is based on how the other options are worse rather than his own qualities, then you're in trouble.

We're in trouble.

Kysus

Gave the ball away once(attempted trough ball) which could have lead to a goal therefore awful performance again, typical Xhaka.

Meanwhile our Wonderstar CM Partey kept his worldclass ball spraying spree going, only had 6 giveaways, but none backfired so who cares?
Just need a new partner for Partey.

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
Virtually anonymous. Even the pre assist was poorly executed and his one man press isn't a patch on Alexis's efforts. No mistakes so yaaaay

Have you ever stopped to think that a "good" Xhaka game is one where he doesn't make a mistake or those mistakes don't cost us a goal?

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Maldini has got nothing on Granit 😁. Decent game from him at LB, not sure I'd fancy it against tougher opposition though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom