• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Thomas Partey: Midfield Tank Engine

Status
Not open for further replies.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli
Let's hope this is a major anomaly.

Why does every player who's amazing before joining catch the Arsenal virus? That guy who does the medicals needs his needles checked.

Coolin

Doesn't appreciate the mighty Nacho
Keeps trying too much in midfield. Looks great when it comes off, but we get done on the counter when it doesn’t.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
He's trying to much with his passing, maybe because he was more stifled with the way Atletico used him. Sometimes keeping it simple isn't a bad thing. It's like he's trying to rush into making things happen.

mpower2540

At Atleti he played in a extremely well drilled, well organised side managed by a world class manager. That's going to help a player really showcase his abilities.

Now he's at Arsenal.

That's the difference.
Agree, tbh he seems to have caught the fear like everyone else. As much as his execution was rubbish tonight I thought he hid which was majorly disappointing. Considering we spent 45m on him we need him to be stepping up and dominating our midfield, he looked slow and just way off tonight.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Mentioned this is in the match thread.. agree about all the points about him being in a well drilled team before but could it also to be to do with being in and surrounded by a high performance culture at Atletico? Players who are serious and competing at the top of their league and getting far in the champions league.

Compare that to Arsenal where most of these players are memes , and where the official club channel releases videos of them laughing at the same stale joke every week. Unless you are a player of iron clad focus, it is easy to drop your standards to the **** that surrounds you.

I will give him next season as this one has been punctuated by injuries and stop-start. I do think he is more of a facilitator in a midfield than an enabler though, him and Xhaka are too similar as players.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
At Atleti he played in a extremely well drilled, well organised side managed by a world class manager. That's going to help a player really showcase his abilities.

Now he's at Arsenal.

That's the difference.

Still don't understand why he made this move, tbh.

Breezy ®

Still don't understand why he made this move, tbh.

tenor.gif

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
If he decide to fool around then God help us. I don't like with Thomas he want to force things dribble shot from distance it's obvious this is not his main quality.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Tried hard and played some good balls but nothing came off tonight and he lost the ball too many times. He physically dominated Pogba but since then, he's looked a bit lightweight. Not sure how fit he is but things aren't going well for him atm. I still think he and the whole team would be better in a three.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Was never this bad for Atletico. Not worried because the team’s a shambles and he’s playing a different role.

He also needs time to find his feet with all the injuries. They’d knock anyone tbh.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I think you guys are being quite harsh. It was extremely easy to judge Partey's game tonight, I am sure the metrics will back my point:

He was really good at tackling, breaking up play and carrying the ball (we havent seen enough of this recently). He also showed a lot of sprinting at top speed which was good cosidering he hasn't look fit recently. His massive issue was his passing though ofc. He messed up so many passes that you have to say he had a poor game, but imo I saw signs of him returning to full fitness.

Last edited:

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I dont think he gets the ball enough. Seen him free a lot and because he's between two players our defenders are afraid to pass to him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom