• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Edu & Vinai: The Dream Team

kash2

More Consistent Than Arteta
As I've come across him so many times on here, I'll just use your post now.

Mustafi is as strange a case to me Xhaka in a way. He surely never was Germany's best CB - but who is when you've got the likes of Boateng and Hummels - but always seemed a solid and complete defender. I remember him at Valencia, he was their defense leader, very vocal, strong defender, good passing and build up, solid pace. Those 40m Arsenal paid wasn't for nothing. And then at first he was seriously good for Arsenal and suddenly seemed to fall off a cliff.

Maybe the league's just too fast for them, maybe Mustafi isn't mentally focused enough under rising pressure, with Xhaka it seems to be mental awareness as well as his lack of pace and mobility - which doesn't count for Mustafi. Overall, Mustafi should've been not a stellar but a very solid right CB.
not a good time to join arsenal

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Agreed.
I think the main objective either by Arteta himself or by the upper levels toward him was that if we want to have new signings, there needs to be a clear-out beforehand in order to release some funds off the wage books.

They deserve credit for that for sure, but it's also in the context of having given two big contracts to two 30+ attackers in the summer who so far aren't performing on the pitch (Auba contract at the time was good, only bad now in hindsight, but the Willian one was bad even at the time). Getting rid of bad contracts is good but it's kinda undone if we're giving out more bad contracts.

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐

FWIW I think we made the best of a ****ty situation RE Özil, but we had chances to move Mustafi and Sokratis on before and could have maybe forced the issue.

This is not a dig only at Edu and Vinai, but Raul, Gazidis and Wenger as well.

The rumours that we wanted to extend Mustafi were and still are worrysome. We need to find a way to put theses players on contracts that make it easier form them to be moved on.

I would much rather give them a larger signing on fee if it means their wages are kept lower, for example (assuming such situation is possible, of course).

Am I correct in thinking we've made a profit on only 8 players in the last 10 years?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

FWIW I think we made the best of a ****ty situation RE Özil, but we had chances to move Mustafi and Sokratis on before and could have maybe forced the issue.

This is not a dig only at Edu and Vinai, but Raul, Gazidis and Wenger as well.

The rumours that we wanted to extend Mustafi were and still are worrysome. We need to find a way to put theses players on contracts that make it easier form them to be moved on.

I would much rather give them a larger signing on fee if it means their wages are kept lower, for example (assuming such situation is possible, of course).

Let's just wait for when it's for Pepe's turn, or Thomas (made of glass) Partey. As for Willian, we're stuck paying him 220/k a month till the end of his contract in 2.5 years.

And they say we don't have money. Hell, we burn pound notes as kindling.

Garrincha

Wilf Zaha Aficionado
Trusted ⭐
looks like a cheap get out & no real answer but after seeing how other organisations reacted & just yesterday Bidens words :eek: poor Vinny being ordered from above

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
looks like a cheap get out & no real answer but after seeing how other organisations reacted & just yesterday Bidens words :eek: poor Vinny being ordered from above
Yes it's part of mesut he not playing. Playing him mean all our commercials deals with China will likely be over and that will impact us hugely. It's just sad world everything is about money that's why i would love footballers athletes just stay out of politics

dashsnow17

Trusted ⭐
Guys, you just CANNOT underestimate the impact abuse has on individuals, wait no no not those individuals, that's a private matter for the Chinese government, anyway as I was saying we MUST stop the abuse!

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

While we're at it:

Well this should wake up the people thinking we will spend big in the summer and with no Europe more than likely. We are facing hard times financially

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

Vinai trying for the European super league, while UEFA moves to an expanded CL format, leaving Arsenal with neither is the most Arsenal thing ever.

Reckon Vinai gets made CEO for life after this.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I’d rather bin this clown than Arteta tbh. You can’t have two complete rookies at DoF and manager, it’s never going to end well.

As bad as Arteta has us playing, the board and Edu have thrown him under the bus.

Edu signed Partey well after the season started on the last day so he didn’t have a pre-season and time to acclimatise to the new team even though we could’ve paid the release clause any time.

He knew we’d have no creativity with the Özil situation but spends all summer haggling with Aulas for so long that Aouar himself has enough and says he’d rather stay.

Meanwhile decent options like Eze and Raphinha are able to move under our nose to midtable teams even though they’d be starting for us.

Can’t shift any of our 9 center backs so panicked two days before the window shuts then tries and fails to sort a loan out for Saliba back to France leaving him in limbo when he’s no

Then he ends up having to cancel a bunch of contracts in January even though there had been supposed interest in players like Mustafi and Sokratis for a few years.

The only edge he gives us is managing to bring in Kia’s guys on bumper wage packets. We need him gone with a proper DoF brought in immediately.

Top Bottom