• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Managerial Royalty

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

After 1,5 years the players still don't know when to play from the back and when just kick it forward. You have to wonder what's the point of Arteta.
Leno has completely abandoned playing out from the back, he just hoofs it long now. Either Arteta has changed and give in to his players or they aren’t doing what he wants. Either way it’s a mess.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
I don't know, but i wouldn't be surprised if within the squad there's a dawning realisation that the 'project' isn't really working, and that subconsciously they probably wouldn't mind a change of manager and something new.

These players have downed tools before, why wouldn't they do it again? I think Arteta's losing the dressing room.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
I said I understand why he took it, but it was a reckless decision not just from Arsenal, but from Arteta too. He had a fantastic reputation in the game. Sacked after finishing 10th in the league when top 4 was the hope? What level of club would hire him after that? Championship level, Eibar-level La Liga club, something like that.
No one has to hire him be cause we're keeping him. He ain't getting sacked, mate.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Yeah he leaves it to long to change things up I feel.

Knowing when to pull the trigger and make subs or change plans is so key. Ferguson was a master of it and I used to hate it when latter day Arsène would just let the game drift.

Today it wasn’t working at all second half until Pepe came on. There’s been a few times he just hasn’t adjusted as well as he could have this year.

When are we gonna admit that he's just a bad manager? He's a bad man-manager, he's a bad football coach, he's a bad game manager, and through it all he's too arrogant to recognize his failings.

SA Gunner

Hates Tierney And Wants Him Sold Immediately

Player:Nketiah
When are we gonna admit that he's just a bad manager? He's a bad man-manager, he's a bad football coach, he's a bad game manager, and through it all he's too arrogant to recognize his failings.

He isnt good enough overall I'll admit, but lets not revise his impact entirely. Its clear that he is a talented coach, even if this job is currently too big for him.

I think the main reason why he stays in the job is his potential, what he could be. Its clear that the club are trying to give him time, some investment and space to get it right. They are clearly hoping that he will get it right and the rest would be history, ala a hope he repeats what Ferguson did post 1990, when he was about to be booted from United.

He should be long gone, but the fact that he is still at the club is testament to his talent.

mpower2540

Didn't he lose Auba after the NLD? Seems like it.
I mean why did he keep Laca till 80th minute who was already finished 20 minutes earlier? Bad vibes Mik tried to win the game without using Auba, didn't he?
This is another thing that’s pissing me off. His own ego is getting in the way of the success of the team. Almost looked like he was desperate to be proven right by Laca and Willian, it was so bizarre that they were left on for so long. We looked dangerous in our games against Southampton, Wolves and Villa but then he goes and shifts our front 3 around and doesn’t stick with anything. One game it’s Willian, then Pepe, then Auba, then ESR all on the left. Sometimes Laca through the middle, next it’s Auba then back to Lacazette again, how are we supposed to build any continuity or understanding?

The part that makes me most worried is how scared we look. The positive signs I was seeing post Christmas have gone, the amount of times the ball was in the air and the players just let the ball bounce was frightening. it looks exactly like how it was under Emery, we spend so long talking about what we’ve been doing wrong, how dangerous the opponent is, so the players have almost forgotten what they’re good at.

It looks a horrible environment to play in and eventually it’s gonna take its toll on our good younger players Saka, ESR, Martinelli, hell is Azeez gonna want to come into this current environment?

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
It would be so funny if we go out and see how the Atletic approach each it. The club will definitely release statement they 100% behind Arteta and believe in him. But if we go out tomorrow he is done imo. He will stay few more months, but the pressure and the media attention will be on him constantly
Can't believe they released an article that mentioned one of Arteta's instructions to Pepe during the Liverpool game was "Move!"

GoonerJay24

These guys are on 80k per week each? Tell me you’re lying!

If this is true our club is run worse than I imagined. No wonder people come here to retire and have it easy. How the heck can back up defenders be earning that much?

Soyuncu, Dunk, Agbonna are all better defenders than Mari and are probably not earning anywhere near that. Let’s not get into Cedric who was back up at Southampton and managed to get a spot on Arsenal Roster with probably 3 times what he was getting there.

Man we need to fire our management team. Who’s giving out these contracts?

I’m not knocking a man for getting paid but the club should be trying to get value for money especially in regards to recurring expenses.
Cedric was only back up at Southampton due to injuries. Before he was one of the premier league's most consistently performing fullbacks; I wanted Wenger to sign him.

He shouldn't be playing at left-back though,the management really screwed up by not signing a deputy for Tierney.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
You will win the second leg. But then I feel Emery’s Villarreal will knock you out.

Man Utd or Roma will win the Channel 5 Cup this year.

Arsenal Quotes

Thierry Henry was very quick at analysing everything that was going on and how he needed to react. This intelligence, this capacity to evaluate, understand and question oneself, is also the mark of great players... For everyone, for the fans and for us, he symbolised the golden age of Arsenal.

Arsène Wenger: My Life in Red and White

Daily Transfer Updates

Monday, May 3

Marco Silva is pushing the Fulham board to spend as Arsenal prepare to listen to offers for Emile Smith Rowe, among other fringe players [Evening Standard]

New Fenerbache manager Jose Mourinho is determined to stop Arsenal from signing LB Ferdi Kadıoğlu [TBR Football]

Mikayil Faye ‘has in his mind’ to leave Barcelona this summer. Liverpool, Manchester United, Inter Milan & Bayern Munich are all showing a lot of interest in the player, however, Arsenal have ‘burst strongly’ onto the case in recent hours [Mundo Deportivo]

Latest posts

Top Bottom