• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
I think we can all accept the squad isn't good enough. My biggest worry is that from all the average players Arteta still hasn't figured out who is the best of a bad bunch. We've never had a settled team or starting XI in his tenure. Maybe it's a habit he picked up from Pep at least Pep does have genuine top talent and he can say I'll pick the best players from training. It's a solid principle but that's a luxury Arteta doesn't have due to the talent pool at Arsenal.
It’s not the squad’s fault bro. There’s some top players in there, they just don’t know what they’re doing and some of them have been humiliated in public and others have just been playing a bit part and can’t get into their stride.

Tree Points

Another annoying Manc
Arteta's two main issues from what I can gather are:

1. Rotation. He still doesn't have a settled first 11. You never know what team MA will put out. He's obsessed with trying to prove that Willian is still a good player. Sure, you use the squad over the course of a 38 game season. But Arteta chops and changes far too much.

2. Overly complicated tactics. Some of you know that I don't think Ole is good enough for a United. But what I will say is - he keeps everything simple and his man management is very good. We have a settled first 11 when everyone is fit and from what I've heard from club insiders, the players all know their roles. Do the Arsenal players know their roles? Arteta wants to be defensive but also a possession side. So which is it? Counter attack or high pressing, control-the-game football?

Arteta will be managing a club like Granada in two years time, quote me on that.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
People shouldn’t be blaming our squad. It’s a golden boot winner in there if he was played in the right position, 2/3 of the most promising youngsters in the league, Atletico’s finest midfielder, and a guy who scored 35 goals for Lille ffs.

vantoure

It’s not the squad’s fault bro. There’s some top players in there, they just don’t know what they’re doing and some of them have been humiliated in public and others have just been playing a bit part and can’t get into their stride.
The way blame is shifted towards the squad and away from the manager is getting me bald faster than normal. There's always a creative way to shield Arteta from his glaring errors

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Have to be consistent and say if we were to get knocked out by either Slavia or Villareal AND finish 8th or lower in the league then he must go. Sadly, **** players will live on.

vantoure

Not really mate. I couldn't care less about the Europa - we won it a few years ago.
Not about what you care for.

IMO, Villareal are the likely winners, just based on precedents of the managers left in the competition.

I've not followed Roma closely recently, but interesting that they picked an away win at Ajax, so I imagine they'd give United a good match in the SF.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

I'll be honest here, I don't actually think I care about no CL now because all it means is Mikel will stay longer, we'll bring in the wrong players for a high price and finish 7/6th next season and get nowhere in the CL and be back to where we are now. Yes a trophy would be nice but I feel I can't trust this club right now with anything.

I mentioned it a few days ago but let's look at where we are now and take a look what we currently have.

Saka
ESR
Martinelli
Tierney
Gabriel
Saliba
Guendouzi
Balogun
Azeez

In my opinion, pretty much all of them have potential to be world class players in the future, so why not use next season when we have no Europe to focus on building a team full of exciting young and talented players.

Mikel or no Mikel, if we focus on this next season we'll be better off in the future and if needs be we'll have to sell 1 or 2 and make a huge profit, reinvest into the squad and build and build.

I'd genuinely be excited for next season if these were plans, go add a Bundia/Ødegaard and a RB as well if we can. Sell those we all know aren't good enough and focus on what we have instead of bringing in a load of players.

We have talent, we just need someone who can spark more life into them now and let them play their football.

However as I said, I really don't trust this club at the minute to try something like this. I refuse to believe Partey & Gabriel are as bad as they have been playing, that has to be on the current form of this squad and we need something to help these guys reach their potential every week. That might be a new manager.

Also I think if you sold this project, there aren't many managers who wouldn't turn this down an opportunity to work with this group of young players in only the PL and cups. It would be a great season for someone to implement their way of football.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Take it everyone still hates him this morning?

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

Ornstein talking about Project Arteta this morning

This f*cks me off. Buy XYZ. Well what about Partey who looks like crap, Auba who looks like crap, Leno now looks ****, Gabriel crap, WHY CAN'T HE IMPROVE THESE GUYS?!

He can buy who he likes but if he can't improve them whats the point.

vantoure

Ornstein talking about Project Arteta this morning
Tired PR guff as usual.

It's not a project if you're binning young players with potential for geriatric oldies. Its not a project if you've 2 loanees in your 1st team yet you loan your own prospects out. It's not a project if there's no clear identity or style of play afte 15 months

I can't prove it, but stuff like this from Ornstein just convinces me that Arteta has a well oiled PR machine to protect his interest. Good on him though

Latest posts+

Top Bottom