• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

UEL Quarter-Final 1st Leg: Arsenal v Slavia Prague | Thursday, April 8 | KO: 20:00 BST | BT Sports

What will the result be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Let's play Aubamawang

Our biggest problem is not necessarily the quality of player we are signing, but their mentality. We really need to do more due diligence when forking out big money.

Özil only turned it on when he was in the mood. Auba coasts through games until he has an opportunity to score. Pepe was a penalty merchant who retreated into his own shell because he knows he can't live up to that transfer fee.

How much have we spent on loan fees for Ceballos? Apart from the odd good game last season, I can't figure out why we took him back on loan. His awareness is shocking for a CM. Even if we did want to keep the useless bellend, he wants to rot in the reserves at Madrid as there's no way he's making their bench.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
If we lose this tie they should just bulldoze the stadium, build some more starter flats and embrace the fact that we’re better at property development than football.

We're not even good at that, some of the flats have sub-standard cladding and the club is forcing the residents to bear the costs for it. What we should really do is just become a clothes retailer, we're decent at that.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
Not entirely sure why the media are talking of a surprise equaliser. The stats of the match don't lie. Although we seemed to be the better team and were ahead on possession and territorial play shots was 11-10 and on target 2-4!

We should have won it but it wasn't a massive surprise that we didn't.

ptrcopp

Our biggest problem is not necessarily the quality of player we are signing, but their mentality. We really need to do more due diligence when forking out big money.

Özil only turned it on when he was in the mood. Auba coasts through games until he has an opportunity to score. Pepe was a penalty merchant who retreated into his own shell because he knows he can't live up to that transfer fee.

How much have we spent on loan fees for Ceballos? Apart from the odd good game last season, I can't figure out why we took him back on loan. His awareness is shocking for a CM. Even if we did want to keep the useless bellend, he wants to rot in the reserves at Madrid as there's no way he's making their bench.

The problem is we looked a far better team when those three players were on today. The issue has been our acquisition of so called experienced players like Willian, who add nothing.

bergholt

Not sure why we got rid of Unai Emery if we’re using that dreadful theory.

I don’t buy all this deflection from Arteta and on to the players. Surely they’re good enough to beat the likes of Burnley, Slavia etc.

"Surely"? What does that mean? Maybe they're just not.

The only really good players we have are Saka and Tierney. Partey and Pepe were supposed to be good but plenty of big money transfer don't come off, maybe they won't make it. Auba used to be good but now he's old. Laca used to be OK but he's clearly dropping off. ESR, Martinelli, Ødegaard might be good one day.

I don't see all the quality in the squad that leaves us "surely" good enough to beat these teams.

ThePortugueseGunner

The players are no good. I don't know how that's going to suddenly change when we get rid of Arteta.
Well, if I was in charge, the purpose of letting Arteta go, would be to get a manager competent enough, with at least some credentials and have him be the face of a project.

A quality coach that would know exactly which players he needed, and would build a team around an idea. As I always say, sometimes in order to build a project from scratch, you have to accept bad results in the first one or two seasons. The thing is that we don't see any progress with Arteta. If you check my history, I am the first one admitting that our squad isn't nearly as good as it should be, but the truth is you don't notice the coach's influence anywhere - the team hasn't been progressing at all.

Again, answering your question, if we get a good coach, that knows what he wants and builds a team around his ideals, then maybe things will "suddenly change". One thing I know for sure: whatever is going on right now is not decent.

samshere

Why so serieuse?
"Surely"? What does that mean? Maybe they're just not.

The only really good players we have are Saka and Tierney. Partey and Pepe were supposed to be good but plenty of big money transfer don't come off, maybe they won't make it. Auba used to be good but now he's old. Laca used to be OK but he's clearly dropping off. ESR, Martinelli, Ödegaard might be good one day.

I don't see all the quality in the squad that leaves us "surely" good enough to beat these teams.
And Tierney is always injured.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
Maybe he imagined he was somehow running down the clock?

cedric.jpg

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
We should have just kept attacking them, despite how bad we were, we still could have scored 3 goals last night.

We always turn into idiots eveytime we try to run down the clock anyway :lol:

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Not entirely sure why the media are talking of a surprise equaliser. The stats of the match don't lie. Although we seemed to be the better team and were ahead on possession and territorial play shots was 11-10 and on target 2-4!

We should have won it but it wasn't a massive surprise that we didn't.
We missed alot one 1v1 the only Prague chance from build up play came from counter other than that it was shy efforts it's story of our season not ruthless and make mistakes manutd had only 3 shots against Granada they don't have scrubs tho.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

We're not even good at that, some of the flats have sub-standard cladding and the club is forcing the residents to bear the costs for it. What we should really do is just become a clothes retailer, we're decent at that.

Judging by the away short I bought in a fit of optimism at the start of the season, I’d have to disagree.

However, we do have a world class mascot.

Oh, ****.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
With emery we looked good going forward laughing stock defensively with Arteta we look somehow solid at times this season but laughing stock going forward.

HollandGooner

Established Member

Player:Ødegaard
We had one of the easiest route to the semi finals and we are still gonna bottle it. I am ****ing done with those average players. big overhaul needed.

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member
Chelsea winning 2-0 away to Porto in a Champions League quarterfinal, meanwhile we’re drawing 1-1 to Slavia Praha at home in a Europa League quarterfinal. Says it all, really.

We really don’t deserve Champions League. Chelsea are on the brink of winning another Champions League trophy with a manager that’s been there for three months. It makes you wonder where we could’ve been had we hired a competent manager.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
Chelsea winning 2-0 away to Porto in a Champions League quarterfinal, meanwhile we’re drawing 1-1 to Slavia Praha at home in a Europa League quarterfinal. Says it all, really.

We really don’t deserve Champions League. Chelsea are on the brink of winning another Champions League trophy with a manager that’s been there for three months. It makes you wonder where we could’ve been had we hired a competent manager.

The manager has been at fault with some of his weird tactical decisions these past few games but you’re giving a lot of these players too much credit.

A lot of them aren’t good enough footballers or strong enough mentally regardless of whichever coach we get. We can’t play the system Arteta wants to play with a lot of this group. But it goes both ways of course..it’s then up to the manager to find a system which works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom