• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Aussie_gunner123

Established Member

I just feel like hardly anyone is playing for the badge atm & hardly any of the senior players want to be here. There better be a good clear out of a few of our senior players this window even if they are players I've always liked. What Emmanuel Petit said is completely right, it's just getting ridiculous now we can't even hold onto a lead with a few minutes remaining. I'm 50/50 on Arteta atm but I just want to see us do a big clearout first.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
@HairSprayGooners given all these good signings, great players and great performances you keep talking about, why have we been 12th all season then?

Im not even sure how many times we’ve won back to back games this season in the league.

Good signings for the moment don't change the fact that our main starting 11 isn't good enough as a whole. Cedric, Mari and such essentially cost nothing, hence why they are quite simply backup players and good signings AS BACKUP PLAYERS. We couldn't afford to sign a 30m right back or another 30m defender.

Are Cedric and Mari good signings if they were meant for our main starting 11? No, we still need a top right back and CB. It isn't that difficult to understand.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
"We were 1 point off top 4 two seasons ago now look at us"

He says with 8 games to go.

In the 18/19 season we were actually 2 points clear in 4th, and we didn't make it. Lets just wait and see where we actually finish and how many points off top 4 we are at the end. Because Arteta is going nowhere in the next 8 games, so chill your beans and wait.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
There's a difference between being poor and just doing your job but not at a world class/top tier level like better players would. Mari has been excellent every time he's been called upon. I feel safer with him at the back and he brings a calmness to the defence/never looks awkward on the ball. He hasn't been poor at all. Arteta uses Mari when he's fit.

The thing I don't understand is you're fully aware that we can't spend £50M on a CB whilst doing what we wanted to do in the summer window. Yet you completely berate signing Luiz on for another season, which has actually worked out in our favour. If we didn't sign Mari, Cedric and Luiz we'd have Bellerin as our only right back, Tierney as our only left back and Gabriel, Holding and Chambers as our only CB's. Think about it.
I think Mari is decent but Ii you believe he has been excellent every game he`s played you either have a very low expectation of a centre half or your football knowledge is lacking.

Arsenal1508

Mods are unethical! Özil, come assist me please!
Good signings for the moment don't change the fact that our main starting 11 isn't good enough as a whole. Cedric, Mari and such essentially cost nothing, hence why they are quite simply backup players and good signings AS BACKUP PLAYERS. We couldn't afford to sign a 30m right back or another 30m defender.

Are Cedric and Mari good signings if they were meant for our main starting 11? No, we still need a top right back and CB. It isn't that difficult to understand.
So we need a good coach like Wenger syle that can have players play above their potential. Arteta needs the finish product while good managers can make players better.

Last edited:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
A lot of people seem genuinely jealous of my (probably fake) trusted banner...it's just a title that makes me better than you, it makes no difference tbh.

Kav

Established Member
There's a difference between being poor and just doing your job but not at a world class/top tier level like better players would. Mari has been excellent every time he's been called upon. I feel safer with him at the back and he brings a calmness to the defence/never looks awkward on the ball. He hasn't been poor at all. Arteta uses Mari when he's fit.

The thing I don't understand is you're fully aware that we can't spend £50M on a CB whilst doing what we wanted to do in the summer window. Yet you completely berate signing Luiz on for another season, which has actually worked out in our favour. If we didn't sign Mari, Cedric and Luiz we'd have Bellerin as our only right back, Tierney as our only left back and Gabriel, Holding and Chambers as our only CB's. Think about it.

This is a bit disingenuous of you to say that Mari has been excellent every time he plays. I know that you back Arteta but at least don’t be so mendacious with your statements.
You also say if we didn’t sign those players we would only have Gabriel Holding and chambers as our cb. Also very dishonest of you as I am certain that when we signed Mari and Cedric we also had Mavropanos and Socratis.

Your mendacity is on full display, we won’t forget it. You certainly can’t be “Trusted”.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom