• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

Papa Wonga

Established Member
They can't sack him now. There's no one to replace him.
Allegri is primed and ready, or you stay with the fraud till the summer and by then hopefully Ten-hag or Nagelsmann, they're the only 2 decent managers left.

Or a cheeky bid for Conte, **** knows.

Then again, Eddie howe said he's waiting till the summer, so I know where this is going. LOL.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The funny part is, if they do sack him, I reckon they might go for Thierry.

"An even BIGGER legend of an ex-player, will surely appease the fanbase!"

...can see that being their thinking, even though it's pretty much the opposite of what the fanbase actually wants :lol:

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Arteta outers. Would we be in the top 4 with this team (That's on the basis that everyone in said team is fit for at least 3/4 of the season, meaning a full season of Partey etc) -

Leno
Hakimi - RCB - Gabriel - Tierney
Partey - Sabitzer
Saka - Ødegaard - Neto
Auba
Can't think of a RCB off the top of my head. But I'm pretty sure if we had Ødegaard/Partey for the entire season with a quality LW AND a good right back we'd be in the top 4.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

By the way, everyone keeps talking about Arteta needs players.

He's inherited two top class/world class players in Auba and Partey and they're both struggling. I must be a broken record at this point but players like them are the litmus test for if a manager is good.

Wenger and Emery had no problem getting the best out of Auba but look who's struggling. Partey is proven at the highest level but look who he's struggling under?

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

Arteta outers. Would we be in the top 4 with this team (That's on the basis that everyone in said team is fit for at least 3/4 of the season, meaning a full season of Partey etc) -

Leno
Partey - Sabitzer
Saka - Ödegaard - Neto
Auba
Can't think of a RCB off the top of my head. But I'm pretty sure if we had Ödegaard/Partey for the entire season with a quality LW AND a good right back we'd be in the top 4.
If Arteta can't get the best out of Pepe then he's not doing anything with Neto, hate to break it to you.

Neto has bags of potential but right now, he's not better than Pepe.

APierre

You Wanna Come Out Here?

Leno
Partey - Sabitzer
Saka - Ödegaard - Neto
Auba
Can't think of a RCB off the top of my head. But I'm pretty sure if we had Ödegaard/Partey for the entire season with a quality LW AND a good right back we'd be in the top 4.

Should probably be good enough for 8/9th under Arteta.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Partey was never injured at AM and comes here crocked. He's been injured, out of sync, and out of form. They tell Arteta that he should be fine to play so he plays him and gets injured even more. Blaming the coach for every random unfortunate event is silly.

Being forced to play guys, risking their health because we have no depth is something that falls on Edu and the ownership for not giving us players. It's on Edu to build the team that Arteta can coach. We have some good individual players but we do not have the team to support them.

This has been a problem since Wenger so replacing the manager will not solve any of this. Wenger was clearly a top 5 manager of all time to hold this all together on his own and miraculously dragging this team to top 4 finishes (plus his obvious accomplishments before this). Emery did a decent job holding what he could together too. Arteta looked promising but the team is now falling apart under him. Same as the rest before him.

Firing him changes nothing because the recruitment of players comes from the top and they are woefully behind. We're even more behind now that we've fired our scouts. Getting cute with free transfers is backfiring on us and making us look pathetic. We need to spend money (and smartly). No coach will be successful until we do.

Last edited:

Zazu

I don't blame anyone for being Arteta out, but I'd give him the summer window.

Maybe I'm being naive thinking things can keep improving after some of our recent disappointing results. But I think we've had a marked improvement in style of play since the Chelsea game, tightened up at the back and been creating more chances. Most of our points dropped since then have been very unlucky and also think that dodgy red card at Wolves really killed the momentum of the team.

If we can sign a couple of decent players in key positions over summer and successfully integrate Saliba, I think we can get top 4 under Arteta.

* I will accept any accusations of blind optimism :lol:

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

There’s a large part of me now that thinks I was taken in by his ability to communicate. I mean Jesus I was already sucking him off after his first press conference when he was talking about standards and non negotiables.
Even now when he talks after a game more often than not I find myself nodding a long to what he’s saying.

It’s weird to m
Looool it’s gone soon. When a manager is really struggling and the club says it’s 100% behind him the end is near. We will hear similar thing when slavia beats him. The club so happy with the progress that next season their focus is to qualify to the Europa league lol. Such lies

Kav

Established Member
Partey was never injured at AM and comes here crocked. He's been injured, out of sync, and out of form. They tell Arteta that he should be fine to play so he plays him and gets injured even more. Blaming the coach for every random unfortunate event is silly.

Being forced to play guys, risking their health because we have no depth is something that falls on Edu and the ownership for not giving us players. It's on Edu to build the team that Arteta can coach. We have some good individual players but we do not have the team to support them.

Firing him changes nothing because the recruitment of players comes from the top and they are woefully behind. We're even more behind now that we've fired our scouts.

Your argument would hold more weight had Arteta himself not publicly declared that the squad was too big and that we had too many players for each position. Clearly depth was not an issue for Arsenal. We even had players that were not registered at the start of the season or did you deliberately omit this pertinent fact?

As for his use of injured players who keep getting recurring injuries and not being able to perform. That is entirely on Arteta, his misuse of our players is exemplary of his inexperience when it comes to management. Good managers who when and how to use personnel. He clearly doesn’t.

Trilly

Trusted ⭐

A good captain sinks with his ship.

But @say yes took off at the first sign of trouble.
Sometimes I'm just chilling in a field watching the clouds go by as the sun shines on my face and I remember that @say yes got run off of an internet forum, I smile a wistful smile and wonder if he still thinks of us.

God, I miss him so much.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
If Arteta can't get the best out of Pepe then he's not doing anything with Neto, hate to break it to you.

Neto has bags of potential but right now, he's not better than Pepe.

Neto takes on players with pace and power and BEATS THEM. Pepe doesn't take on players with pace and power, he's actually a top finisher but he has nothing on Neto in terms of dribbling and beating a man.

Also on Auba @Trilly bit of a weird comment because under Arteta Auba has been brilliant...

KrissKringle

Reinventing VAR 😡
By the way, everyone keeps talking about Arteta needs players.

He's inherited two top class/world class players in Auba and Partey and they're both struggling. I must be a broken record at this point but players like them are the litmus test for if a manager is good.

Wenger and Emery had no problem getting the best out of Auba but look who's struggling. Partey is proven at the highest level but look who he's struggling under?
Yeah, that "he needs players" shtick is smoke and mirrors to hide the obvious flaws in his management.
We're obviously not going places with Mik, but the club will stick with him because they're cheap and don't want to spend on a top class manager, so they'll keep parroting the same lines over and over again even if results are going to be terrible.

Arsenal Quotes

I think this project is going to go BANG

Mikel Arteta after a difficult run of results

Latest posts

Top Bottom