• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Was listening to today’s Arseblog podcast and Philippe Auclair makes this very strange comment on the reasons why Arteta keeps playing Willian, despite him playing poorly for the whole season, but then goes on to say he cannot say what he thinks/understands to be the reason for it. The other guy also circles around the issue and says he will leave it to the listeners to interpret. Overall a very strange exchange. Does anyone know what Auclair might be eluding to? I am not in the weeds enough to know. Hope someone can shed some light on this!
Yeah I clocked that, maybe Philippe knows of a secret crime ring which Willian is heading. Willian has threatened Miky's family so he must keep giving him chances or they're in danger.

Less outrageous than Mikel actually rating him lol.......

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Was listening to today’s Arseblog podcast and Philippe Auclair makes this very strange comment on the reasons why Arteta keeps playing Willian, despite him playing poorly for the whole season, but then goes on to say he cannot say what he thinks/understands to be the reason for it. The other guy also circles around the issue and says he will leave it to the listeners to interpret. Overall a very strange exchange. Does anyone know what Auclair might be eluding to? I am not in the weeds enough to know. Hope someone can shed some light on this!

I doubt there is anything going on tbh, Mikel just seems to rate him for some very annoying reason.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Some clearly are.

I think people are overreacting a bit about yesterday though, it wasn't a fun watch but we had enough chances to win it. We didn't but it's still not over yet.

I'd say the positives of winning the Europa league just about shades the negatives of keeping Arteta's run going a bit longer, so I want us to win too. I've even decided to let Arteta off the hook regarding whatever we do in the league now but he still finds ways to disappoint.
I am on the journey of losing patience with Arteta. Hope he can turn it around but I am definitely starting to lose faith. Yesterday was just absolutely diabolical how we played for the first 75 minutes.

mirrorstare

The annoying reason is that he listens to Mikel's instructions, which unfortunately for Willian, and for Arsenal, are ****.

Arteta must be banging his head against the wall for caving in to the pressure and bringing on Martinelli, he added nothing offensively and without Willian's contribution to protect the left side Slavia ended up capitalizing on the absolute banter performance from Cedric.

It's not surprising he's performing below expectations, virtually everyone in this team is atm.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐

What did Auclair say exactly?

A_G

Rice Rice Baby 🎼🎵
A-M CL Draft Campeón 🏆
Some kind of dodgy arrangement with Kia Joorabcchian.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
I think our squad are a pretty meek bunch tbh, can't imagine too many rocking the boat...it's not like we have Henry, Bergkamp, Vieira and Lehmann in the current team.

All the youngsters are just happy to be playing at the moment, while pretty much all our senior players know when they leave us they will be heading downwards...so why would they kick off?
1/ If we did we would obvs be higher in the league.
2/ Many of the senior players are now or never were good enough tbh.
Thats not to say we should'nt be doing better btw certainly why i give arteta a chance to turn things round rather than simply stick the boot in as many do.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
1/ If we did we would obvs be higher in the league.
2/ Many of the senior players are now or never were good enough tbh.
Thats not to say we should'nt be doing better btw certainly why i give arteta a chance to turn things round rather than simply stick the boot in as many do.
So the only way we'd be higher up the table is if we have players of Bergkamp, Viera or Henry?

Jesus christ! Are you trolling or what?

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
But AM told me that Arteta is a tactical genius and he doesn’t need to improve.

Saw this on Reddit:

Chelsea are/were in the top 4 and their manager’s just lost his first game after months in the job replacing their previously sacked manager and having knocked out La Liga leaders in the Champions League. What do their club journalists post? ‘Story of his toughest 24 hours’, ‘horror show’, ‘angry words among many players’. Acts like the club is in meltdown.
Sp**s are in the top 6 and 7 points above us and their journalists are posting long articles about how Sp**s players are getting fed up by the manager’s “withering comments” and how the writing’s on the wall for José’s sacking.
We’re in 10th place after our 12th loss of the season. Registered 0.09 xG in a home fixture that we’ve lost 3-0. What do our club journalists post? Arteta puff pieces, funnily enough. Embarrassing. If they attacked Arteta as much as they attacked our last two managers, not a single person on here would be trusting the process. ****, they made it seem like 5th place and an EL final was a failed season!! And that 10th place is progress!!
I get where you are trying to come from but Chelsea have ****loads of money & are a sacking club.
They finished 4th last year & then gave the Lampard ****loads of money to get them challenging for the title.

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
So the only way we'd be higher up the table is if we have players of Bergkamp, Viera or Henry?

Jesus christ! Are you trolling or what?
No we should be higher in the table.
However is it not fair to say that we currently have a team in transition
with too many players either on the slide or not up to the level needed .

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Don't know what's worse.

Giving Willian a contract that demands he play a certain number of games, or the fact I would believe we would be dumb enough to do it.

Surely we wouldn't have agreed to that ffs?

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

This’ll be it without doubt. Imagine it being over the whole contract as well. A 35 year old who can’t run having to play 30 times.

Yep given the actions so far that'd actually make sense, and it'd make sense that Arteta would try to get the most out of him IF it were for the duration of his contract.

If this did turn out to be reality I'd be tempted to fire Edu, though I suspect Raul would probably be saddled with the blame (again this supposing that this is what actually happened).

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

We’ll have done it due to him being a free agent and other clubs wanting him, remember reading that Sp**s wanted him. Levy isn’t a tool like Edu.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Don't know what's worse.

Giving Willian a contract that demands he play a certain number of games, or the fact I would believe we would be dumb enough to do it.

Surely we wouldn't have agreed to that ffs?
If we were dumb enough to give him a three year contract then surely we're dumb enough to put that clause in there

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom