• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Basically exactly what I wrote. The content of what he said was that he had drawn his own conclusions on the reason Arteta keeps playing Willian quite a while ago, but that he, Auclair, couldn’t speak openly about it.
I'm going out on a limb here, but the reason wouldn't be that Mikel is trying to make the signing work because he might see the unlocking of the player as important to how he wants the team team to play?

In any case, he stopped playing him for ages... I thought that conspiracy had died.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Don't know what's worse.

Giving Willian a contract that demands he play a certain number of games, or the fact I would believe we would be dumb enough to do it.

Surely we wouldn't have agreed to that ffs?
I think it's horse **** mate.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
In France Pepe was a top 20 dribbler in all of Europe, he came to England and in his debut season was the 4th best dribbler in the league. You're literally making stuff up man. The stats are there, look them up.

Auba has not been brilliant, you said in hindsight he should have been sold? Why do you want a brilliant player sold?

You're actually more draining than Makingtrax now man.

I couldn't give a **** about what Pepe did in France. Hes been poor In England and his dribbling is nowhere near as good as Neto's who actually beats his man. Get a grip please.

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
You're actually more draining than Makingtrax now man.

I couldn't give a **** about what Pepe did in France. Hes been poor In England and his dribbling is nowhere near as good as Neto's who actually beats his man. Get a grip please.
Let Arteta improve Partey then we can talk about Neto.

Don't know what's worse.

Giving Willian a contract that demands he play a certain number of games, or the fact I would believe we would be dumb enough to do it.

Finding this out is like on leathery Saturdays with my wife when I sign contract stating she promise to be nice to me. Only after she has me all tied down she shows me the small letter which states "... nice to me only while she ties me down". FFS...

Blankety Blank

emoji merchant
By the way, everyone keeps talking about Arteta needs players.

He's inherited two top class/world class players in Auba and Partey and they're both struggling. I must be a broken record at this point but players like them are the litmus test for if a manager is good.

Wenger and Emery had no problem getting the best out of Auba but look who's struggling. Partey is proven at the highest level but look who he's struggling under?
Or perhaps with Auba, Wenger was blessed to have the peak years from a 50m player ( see Özil) & now unfortunately Arteta has a player simply having an off season or someone who is on the slide a little physically & can no longer sustain his previous levels or has got lazy on a fat contac?
Partey has suffered with injuries for the 1st time in his career whilst here. Most rationale people will say that isnt easy when adjusting to the most demanding league on the planet.

Apart from those very possible scenarios though your synopsis is okish.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Finding this out is like on leathery Saturdays with my wife when I sign contract stating she promise to be nice to me. Only after she has me all tied down she shows me the small letter which states "... nice to me only while she ties me down". FFS...
You still letting those homeless people sleep in your spare room? Unbelievable gesture mate.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
If we go out against Slavia i imagine he Will be gone
He probably should do, but he wont be.

On the positive side, letting him have a summer, a window and a chance to play some football in front of fans may bring a change in our fortunes. I'd still be hopeful and excited. If we're still **** by xmas though, pretty sure club will pull the trigger. What can you do, you have to look forward!

Kav

Established Member
He probably should do, but he wont be.

On the positive side, letting him have a summer, a window and a chance to play some football in front of fans may bring a change in our fortunes. I'd still be hopeful and excited. If we're still **** by xmas though, pretty sure club will pull the trigger. What can you do, you have to look forward!

What and waste two years on a deadbeat manager and little progression in terms of player development, goal attainment, increased fiscal losses and having the new guy be saddled with over the hill players like Luiz, Willian etc?

Nah i rather pass on that. Get rid of him in the summer. He's not going to become a better manager next season.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It's in Willian's contract that he plays a certain number of games or the club pays a penalty, I would assume.
If that is the case, and I sure as hell hope it isn’t, the person who agreed to it should be sacked on the spot. Think I never have heard of a more stupid clause than that. So not only is the player guaranteed the salary but we are punished further by him playing poorly. This is just so stupid I refuse to believe anyone could have agreed to this. It’s like some perverse reverse bonus structure. The worse you are the more you are paid. Wish my employer would agree to something like that!

DanDare

Emoji Merchant and Believer-In-Chief
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Really don't think we have much hope. Club management structure is relatively cheap to institute compared to transfer fees and can save you so much in bad deals. Yet we've gone with a load of incompetents

Kroenke hasn't figured this out.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Don't know what's worse.

It's not unusual to see such a clause in a player's contract, especially when the player is in demand (Arteta "convinced" Willian to come to Arsenal). For example, I'm sure Balogun will have such a clause in his contract.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
If that is the case, and I sure as hell hope it isn’t, the person who agreed to it should be sacked on the spot. Think I never have heard of a more stupid clause than that. So not only is the player guaranteed the salary but we are punished further by him playing poorly. This is just so stupid I refuse to believe anyone could have agreed to this. It’s like some perverse reverse bonus structure. The worse you are the more you are paid. Wish my employer would agree to something like that!

After the way we treated Özil and Saliba, you can bet your sweet arse players will be demanding such a clause in their contracts with Arsenal. I certainly would.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom