• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Oh ffs, Jens...never meet your heroes :facepalm:

Yeah, this pandemic has shown the light on some celebs intellectual capacities in a rather unfortunate way :lol: Last to come out as a Covidiot was Nena,one of Germany's most well known singers who did "99 Luftballons" which was an international hit and iirc also actually won the Eurovision. One of our most famous Schlager stars completely dismantled himself (he was a dumb **** to being with) and is now talking about conspiracy theories on telegram. There's actually many more. A German celebrity chef is actually wanted by the police for spreading Nazi stuff and calling for a coup d'etat and it all began with him denying Covid. This pandemic has serious effects on people's minds, and for some those effects seem to just be replace their brains with a bucket full of ****e.

grange

Losing my brain cells 🥸

Player:Havertz
Your argument would hold more weight had Arteta himself not publicly declared that the squad was too big and that we had too many players for each position. Clearly depth was not an issue for Arsenal. We even had players that were not registered at the start of the season or did you deliberately omit this pertinent fact?

As for his use of injured players who keep getting recurring injuries and not being able to perform. That is entirely on Arteta, his misuse of our players is exemplary of his inexperience when it comes to management. Good managers who when and how to use personnel. He clearly doesn’t.

Not a very convincing counter. Our squad was bloated with **** players. Just because we're thin at midfield and LB/RB doesn't mean we didn't have a lot of **** central defenders that needed to be offloaded, etc. He also did not expect the situation between Özil and the club to cause him to lose his best AM. The depth the manager thought we had turned out to be fools gold. We're still waiting to see players like Nelson to put in a good performance, btw.

SK___

In France Pepe was a top 20 dribbler in all of Europe, he came to England and in his debut season was the 4th best dribbler in the league. You're literally making stuff up man. The stats are there, look them up.

Auba has not been brilliant, you said in hindsight he should have been sold? Why do you want a brilliant player sold?
watch games

dbig

Depends. E.g. in Germany there's most times no taxation on salary bonuses - which basically equals his clauses I guess.
The taxman has to be smarter than that. Probably if the bonuses are higher than the basic, they'll tax it.

There is no capital gain tax where I live, but if your capital gains are above your income or are your primary source of income, they'll tax you on that. Basically, something to prevent you from tax avoidance.

SK___

The taxman has to be smarter than that. Probably if the bonuses are higher than the basic, they'll tax it.

There is no capital gain tax where I live, but if your capital gains are above your income or are your primary source of income, they'll tax you on that. Basically, something to prevent you from tax avoidance.
this is why lewis hamilton stays in switzerland

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Lacazette is trying to shoot at a tight angle. What is the chance of getting a goal there?Also, can you see how low and compact the deep block is?
In this scenario, maybe it’s better to pass it back, or take the ball into a wider area first, trying to break the block again to create a better chance. (Or if he is confident, just do a skill move or two to get past his man, to get into a better shooting position. Or simply try a short pass to the left.)

Sorry for the image. This is Cedric trying to make a cross from the left. How? Just how would you expect that we can possibly get a goal from this?

Bellerin’s cross. It’s not about the quality of the cross. If there are no opponent players there, his cross is very accurately aimed.

It’s just that there are no feasible crossing path, they are all marked. Bellerin should have cut inside to draw a defender.

This one is the goal from Pepe. Nice finish there. But may I ask why is it another tight angle chance, which required spot on finishing? Are we not capable to pass our way to the six yard box anymore? Our problem is that 1) we are not creating enough chances, so our strikers need to have consistent world class finishing to finish the few chances created. And 2), the quality of the chances created are bad. Eg. in tight angle, headers that we have our strikers marked by tall/strong defenders, our strikers are still being marked when they are shooting, opponent not stretched away properly...which also require our strikers to have consistent world class finishing.

Again, a useless cross from the left into a low block. All our players are being marked.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Again, all are useless crosses, with everyone marked....Why aren’t we making short passes to break the block?

We should get Drogba and Beckham instead of signing Willian or extending Aubameyang if we wanted to play like Pulis’ Stoke.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Saka’s chance. Keeper has blocked all angles, it’s not that Saka has finishing issues.
He should have either drift inside earlier, dribble past his markers, or simply, pass the ball to the far side, a teammate is arriving unmarked and has a better shooting angle. Saka has already draw a few opponent players, better make a pass there.

Legend14

Established Member
Saka’s chance. Keeper has blocked all angles, it’s not that Saka has finishing issues.
He should have either drift inside earlier, dribble past his markers, or simply, pass the ball to the far side, a teammate is arriving unmarked and has a better shooting angle. Saka has already draw a few opponent players, better make a pass there.
Same keeper vs Pepe, different results. Saka needs to work on finishing - getting the ball past the keeper. The keeper cannot cover high, low, left, right, early, late at the same time.

blrgooner

Established Member
Again, all are useless crosses, with everyone marked....Why aren’t we making short passes to break the block?

We should get Drogba and Beckham instead of signing Willian or extending Aubameyang if we wanted to play like Pulis’ Stoke.

This last one especially worried me.We have Saka who is left footed and actually good on the ball in the penalty area on lots of space without any defender close by crossing off his wrong foot towards ESR( Who is an AM and doesnt score a lot through headers). We have the same numbers involved in the play as the opposition players. This is not even an isolated incident. The number of times we have a good move on with players in space ending with random crosses to no one is ridiculous.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
This last one especially worried me.We have Saka who is left footed and actually good on the ball in the penalty area on lots of space without any defender close by crossing off his wrong foot towards ESR( Who is an AM and doesnt score a lot through headers). We have the same numbers involved in the play as the opposition players. This is not even an isolated incident. The number of times we have a good move on with players in space ending with random crosses to no one is ridiculous.
To be honest I haven’t really watched the match to do a deep down tactical analysis. But if the YouTube highlights are showing these, I’m sure that there are a lot more worse ones in the actual match that didn’t make the highlights.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
Same keeper vs Pepe, different results. Saka needs to work on finishing - getting the ball past the keeper. The keeper cannot cover high, low, left, right, early, late at the same time.
As I have said, the root cause is that we are not creating enough chances, and the few ones we created are not quality chances.

Auba, Laca, Nketiah and many more of our players are way too limited to create anything. Not good passer, no skillful on the ball, not involving in the build up.

If we are able to pass/dribble our way into the six yard boxin in the centre, you can have the worst finisher in the world to finish the goal.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
The Independent:
“I cannot talk with everybody individually every week,” said Arteta when asked how Aubameyang took the news that he was to start on the bench. You’d think the one person you’d consult ahead of such a big game would be your captain, especially if you were going to start without him."

Man management, a big weakness.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Let Arteta improve Partey then we can talk about Neto.

Partey is a finished article to some extent. You arent going to really improve him. Regardless the guy has been injured for most of the season and constantly looks like as if he's flagging.

Hopefully by next season he will be properly settled.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
The Independent:
“I cannot talk with everybody individually every week,” said Arteta when asked how Aubameyang took the news that he was to start on the bench. You’d think the one person you’d consult ahead of such a big game would be your captain, especially if you were going to start without him."

Man management, a big weakness.

He seems to treat everyone equally, is that really a bad thing? What's he going to do exactly? Pat Auba on the back and say there there? If you're dropped its because you're not performing, simple as that. No need for special cases and telling certain players why.

Top Bottom