• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

It’s not the squad’s fault bro. There’s some top players in there, they just don’t know what they’re doing and some of them have been humiliated in public and others have just been playing a bit part and can’t get into their stride.
Most people want a new centre back, new centre midfielders, new right back and new strikers. If you follow that to its natural conclusion its saying the squad isn't good enough. If it were then we wouldn't have an extensive list of positions that need improving.

I accept there is an issue with players not getting into their stride. That was the premise of my post. Arteta doesn't yet know his best XI.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Why are people having a go at arteta when the players miss 3 piss easy chances?

Game should've been done and dusted by 60mins.
Ever wondered why it is that a Golden Boot winner who was humiliated in public can’t hit a barn door, a guy who scored 35 goals for Lille and can’t get a settled place in the side because of a Chelsea pensioner is **** in front of goal, and a class midfielder for Atleco is passing to imaginary players?

You think this is all coincidence?

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

Most people want a new centre back, new centre midfielders, new right back and new strikers. If you follow that to its natural conclusion its saying the squad isn't good enough. If it were then we wouldn't have an extensive list of positions that need improving.

I accept there is an issue with players not getting into their stride. That was the premise of my post. Arteta doesn't yet know his best XI.
Nonsense. Arsène would have this side top 4 and Unai was only one point of top 4 with Sokratis, Mustafi, Torreira, Guendouzi, Özil and Kolasinac, all of whom have been upgraded. Hell Moyes is top 4 with a squad not nearly as good. :lol:

Oxeki

Match Day Thread Merchant
Trusted ⭐

Only a matter of time before we start seeing Arteta fans clamouring for Saka to be upgrade because 'hE's nOT gOOd eNOugH'

If the whole team is out of form, then you blame the Manager. Simple as that.

Football Manager

Copy & Paste Merchant
We don’t need to overrate our players to justify Arteta’s tactics has problems. We all know that there are flaws in his tactics. But there players are equally shxt at the same time.

We went from having a team of Van Persie, Fabregas, Hleb, Rosicky, Nasri, Arshavin.....to just left with Sanchez and Cazorla, and then now, with no one good enough. Auba and Laca has been fxxking jokes, anyone who has watched football for more than two seconds knew they were shxt.

Was over the moon when we finally get rid of shxt like walcott, ramsey, giroud, chamberlain....but we get in limited players like Özil, Auba and Laca, who are only good at making the final pass/final finish but doing nothing for the whole match.

People who thought they were good strikers/players are fools, they are levels and levels below Benzema, Suarez, Firmino......

Anyway, I’m glad these type of players will all be gone in the near future. I have been waiting for years.

@Oxeki

Last edited:

<<reed>>

Lidl Tir Na Nog
w57muns.jpg

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Nonsense. Arsène would have this side top 4 and Unai was only one point of top 4 with Sokratis, Mustafi, Torreira, Guendouzi, Özil and Kolasinac, all of whom have been upgraded. Hell Moyes is top 4 with a squad not nearly as good. :lol:
Accept that time when he fell out of top 4 with a better side.
That says more about him than the players.

He's been here for 15 months and he doesn't have a clue what his best XI is?
Yeah it's shocking that he either doesn't know it or is relying on training way too much. He needs to stick his best 11 out every week and stop with the rotation.

El Granit-Coq

Established Member

Yeah it's shocking that he either doesn't know it or is relying on training way too much. He needs to stick his best 11 out every week and stop with the rotation.
Yeah that time when there were planes, booing etc and the man finished a couple points off top 4.

Wenger without fan pressure would easily have this team in top 4 and not complaining about not having players who are good enough.

22 years with sub par squads and investment.

Emery did better than Arteta, Wenger would have done significantly better than both. Were not even in the top 10 and people making excuses when Wenger was hanged over missing out on his own consistency.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Only a matter of time before we start seeing Arteta fans clamouring for Saka to be upgrade because 'hE's nOT gOOd eNOugH'

If the whole team is out of form, then you blame the Manager. Simple as that.
What happens when the team has been out of form for 4 or 5 seasons under 3 different managers, 2 of whom broke spending records? That to me says recruitment and players have been the problem the managers have been the ones picking up the pieces.

bingobob

Trusted ⭐

Yeah that time when there were planes, booing etc and the man finished a couple points off top 4.

Wenger without fan pressure would easily have this team in top 4 and not complaining about not having players who are good enough.

22 years with sub par squads and investment.

Emery did better than Arteta, Wenger would have done significantly better than both. Were not even in the top 10 and people making excuses when Wenger was hanged over missing out on his own consistency.
I can't even be bothered breaking this down.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
What happens when the team has been out of form for 4 or 5 seasons under 3 different managers, 2 of whom broke spending records? That to me says recruitment and players have been the problem the managers have been the ones picking up the pieces.

Players and managers can both be an issue, I don't know why it's framed as an either or debate on here.

OSBK

Established Member
This is all going the same way as frank at chelsea. In the end frank had to blood youth because he couldnt motivate and rely on senior players. That youth only kept him in a job for so long. I didnt want arteta to start off with, how does someone like luiz who has won everything listen to arteta. I dont see how arteta can command the respect of the senior players. This is a big big job that should have a big big name. We need a manager who the players respect because of who they are and what they have achieved.

If he flops the EL then he has to go. The 9 teams above us in the league will strengthen and the gap between us and city and pool will be massive. If we sign 3 top players this summer we are still trying to fight for the 4th place if arteta cannot manage the players there(which is likely).

IMO not just the end of this season but next could define if we will be mid table for a long period. The world is about to bounce back from a pandemic, money will get thrown around but the PL like crazy as they need to attract people more than ever. FFP will likely be suspended for a while. PL clubs will spend and the budget they have and what we have wont be far off.

If allegri(or a manager of that calibre) wants to come then we should make the change as quickly as possible.

Makingtrax

Trusted ⭐

:lol: :lol: This is the best squad and the most money we’ve spent in years and we’re 10th.

Criticising previous managers for missing out on top 4 with the fans on their backs or worse squads isn’t even relevant to the mess we’re now in, or the terrible football we’ve been seeing.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom