• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Kieran Tierney: Tesco’s Finest

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Arteta confirm Tierney won't play again this season. Expected to be fair specially if he miss 2 month hopefully he be ready for pre-season it's important for him

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Hopefully he make it to euros at least would be huge blow for him and Scotland. When euros will start?

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Oh ****, we're in massive trouble. We should get past Slavia but if we're playing Cedric or Xhaka LB against Villarreal in the semis or Roma/Ajax/United in the final we're in big big trouble. Our decision not to bring in a backup after letting our two backups go is looking criminal. You live by the sword you die by the sword, we took a massive gamble and it's not worked.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Oh ****, we're in massive trouble. We should get past Slavia but if we're playing Cedric or Xhaka LB against Villarreal in the semis or Roma/Ajax/United in the final we're in big big trouble. Our decision not to bring in a backup after letting our two backups go is looking criminal. You live by the sword you die by the sword, we took a massive gamble and it's not worked.
Honestly just get Bertrand next season he decent and not injury prone. Tierney is not 50 games a season player

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Not to be a debbie downer but we have a problem with Tierney beyond the current injury. He's very good at football and he's a great character, but he was injury prone at Celtic and he's been injury prone here. He's started 35 pl games since joining in summer 2019, so he's missed more than half of available league games.

It's got to a point where you can't really rely on him to be first choice left back all the time, you've gotta expect him to miss half the season, unfortunate as that is.

It points towards having to look for a better quality LB back-up, not just a capable fill-in, but someone who could play for a 10 game stretch at a high level.

James Bond

Moderation Consultant
Dang sucks to hear he’s out for the season for a AFC perspective, but more so on a personal level for him if he miss also misses the Euros.

He’s a hell of a player, and we’ll miss him, but I feel the squad can manage as Cedric can move over to LB and Chambers can be backup RB.

Andrew Cole Linighan

Player:Saka
Hope that Kieran Tierney has a good career at Arsenal. Hope he can follow the left backs that I have followed supporting Arsenal. The likes of Nigel Winterburn, Silvinho, Ashley Cole.

lufere7

Player:Martinelli
One of my biggest hopes for next season is that by playing only once a week he can feature on most of our league games.

It's crazy to think that we could've gotten top 4 if he didn't pick those injuries, I just checked and we lost a lot of points by fine margins whenever he was out, he definitely would've made a 6 points difference considering how he was carrying our attack at points in the season.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
Great player when he’s fit but you have to wonder can he stay fit for a full season and what happens when he inevitably breaks down.

OnlyOne

‘Donkeys don’t have a peak, they remain useless’
Trusted ⭐

The thing with KT is that while he’s had his injury issues we didn’t really protect him at all, the guy was playing too much and even rushed back. It’s a shame but I have no doubt by just playing in the league he’ll keep fit unless it’s an impact injury.

baccy_man

Established Member
Hopefully with a summer break and a good pre season Tierney, Will come back fully fit and with less games to play next season he does not get injured again,
It would also help if we had a back up player so their is a bit of rotation in the squad.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Hopefully with a summer break and a good pre season Tierney, Will come back fully fit and with less games to play next season he does not get injured again,
It would also help if we had a back up player so their is a bit of rotation in the squad.

He's going to the Euros, he'll have a very short summer break 😬

BigPoppaPump

Reeling from Laca & Kos nightmares
Not to be a debbie downer but we have a problem with Tierney beyond the current injury. He's very good at football and he's a great character, but he was injury prone at Celtic and he's been injury prone here. He's started 35 pl games since joining in summer 2019, so he's missed more than half of available league games.

It's got to a point where you can't really rely on him to be first choice left back all the time, you've gotta expect him to miss half the season, unfortunate as that is.

It points towards having to look for a better quality LB back-up, not just a capable fill-in, but someone who could play for a 10 game stretch at a high level.
I remember when I was saying he was injury prone last season everyone was disagreeing with me telling me I was wrong but it was obvious to us all. I feel like fans tend to bury their head in sand out of optimism, I should try it I'm too negative.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom