• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Alexandre Lacazette: Alex Swan Song?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Eyt-1fmXEAUefj9
Remember before this season I was saying that Laca isn’t great but that there aren’t many better than him in the league, and that that if they are better, they’d cost upwards of 50M?

A-M laughed at me.

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Remember before this season I was saying that Laca isn’t great but that there aren’t many better than him in the league, and that that if they are better, they’d cost upwards of 50M?

A-M laughed at me.
Relative to his peers in the league he’s actually nowhere near as bad as people make out.

It’s not the greatest crop of centre forwards the prem has ever seen mind and he’s far from ideal, but the way he gets slagged off is a shame really.

Hopefully he puts himself in the shop window and moves to a less comical club this summer.

Sniper Mik

Not a Closet Sp**s Fan
Relative to his peers in the league he’s actually nowhere near as bad as people make out.

It’s not the greatest crop of centre forwards the prem has ever seen mind and he’s far from ideal, but the way he gets slagged off is a shame really.

Hopefully he puts himself in the shop window and moves to a less comical club this summer.
In terms of goal contributions he's just under 1 in 3. If you add his assists it's slightly better than 1 in 2. Depends on how you value your strikers I guess.

NieThePiet

Loves Overhyping Our Rivals
Even more impressive if you consider, that he only played around 1800 minutes in the league.

Bamford for example has already around 2500, much hyped Calvert-Lewin around 2200 minutes etc. - so if he would have similar minutes, he would probably have around 16 goals safely.

In addition to this we have the worst attack out of the top 10 with only 43 goals (Everton has 2 games less) and we haven't created many chances especially in the first half of the season. So it's even more difficult to score goals in our team and besides this he isn't even playing as natural nr.9 rather is dropping deep to get many balls.

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle

You ruined it at the end again. That last sentence should be your signature 🤣

Last edited:

Jury

A-M's drunk uncle
Very capable player that will frustrate as most capable players can, but he has undeniable quality and game winning ability with the goal in sight. I think the opposition hold him in higher regard than Arsenal fans do. Looks like he’s loving it right now.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Great great goal!

But I some how get the feeling he's playing for his contract, we have a history of players in particular Özil and Auba who went from world class to complete turd once they signed that contract.

Melquiades

He’s been consistently one of our top players this season, worked his tail off, 13 goals from 18 PL starts and one of the most productive strikers in the league, is apparently terrific with the younger players ... but hit the crossbar against Slavia, so he’s crap apparently.

Whether he’s back here or not next year I have very little negative to say about the guy.

Pop Tart

Established Member

Yes yes hopefully saka and Tierney and smith rowe can move to a less comical club.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
He’s been consistently one of our top players this season, worked his tail off, 13 goals from 18 PL starts and one of the most productive strikers in the league, is apparently terrific with the younger players ... but hit the crossbar against Slavia, so he’s crap apparently.

Whether he’s back here or not next year I have very little negative to say about the guy.
Its just his pricetag. If he didn't cost 50 mil im sure people wouldn't be against him so much

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
He has his flaws, but I have always kinda rated him...always puts in a good shift for the team, happy he got some goals today.

One game man, against Sheffield Utd, cmon you gotta have some standards :lol:

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
One game man, against Sheffield Utd, cmon you gotta have some standards :lol:

I just said I was happy for him, he's never really been liked here and has been inconsistent, but has had his moments...didn't say he was a great player, just one I think is decent.

Iceman10

Established Member
He was up for it today and did well. I hope he has a fantastic rest of the season and moves on in the summer. We've enough declining oldies already

If we could sell Auba instead I would be ok with that, but we likely cannot, and one of them has to go. We’re not getting enough productivity out of the two combined, and we cannot lock in so much wages into two players that would be rapidly depreciating assets beyond securing the last big contracts of their careers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom