• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Granit Xhaka: Swiss Army Knife or Blunt Tool?

Will Xhaka be here after the summer window?

• Yes

Votes: 38 55.1%
  • No

Votes: 31 44.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash10

Chairman of the Bum Brigade
Focus on inconsistent players like Pepe, Tierney, Lacazette, Aubameyang, Partey, I could go on and on.

But you can post smiley's all you want.

That is why this fan base is a joke.
Go to those players threads & see how much hate they get. Auba is a regular golden boot candidate, just because he is having an off season people want him gone. Players like Laca, Pepe are getting shredded everyday. This is Partey's first season blighted with injuries & he's forced to play with your guy, how tf is he supposed to be great? Yet still people are criticizing him. Tierney is easily one of our best players & here you are calling him inconsistent & you're not even alone in that front.

But when people criticize a guy who has cost the most points during his time in the league, it’s such a crime against humanity lol

Don't know about this fanbase but your guy certainly is a joke

Iceman10

Established Member
But he is just a DLP, what are people expecting? Yes he is average, but in this current squad, he is one of the better players.

Before Partey came he was kind of doing three jobs in one for CM, and that served him poorly, as well as the club. Bring in another decent CM and he could be in a decent three man rotation with Partey and that other player for the double pivot, will see. Simplification of his game, and overall role (focus primarily on defending / deep-lying) is key.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
The club and the fanbase doesn’t deserve Scarlett Johansson really.

We stick by a questionable manager and pretty much crap on anybody not in their teens. Apart from the salary and location it’s a doo-doo club and fanbase if were honest.
I agree on the part you’ve said about the club but the saying the fans don’t
Imagine bashing the most technical player in the entire squad. People need to sort out their priorities.

Xhaka is the most consistent player for the past several years, yes he has his moments but it is inconsiderable when watching the rest of the dead players.

When Partey came, people were calling for Xhaka to be dropped, and yet he proved to be the better midfielder.

It's very unfair to shift a broad problem into a tiny fraction that is an average Swiss-Albanian midfielder.
Describe technique to me. Did you watch Bayern vs PSG today? Where do we find these kids?
If Xhaka could live up to his hype we wouldn’t have spent £50 million on Partey.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Imagine bashing the most technical player in the entire squad. People need to sort out their priorities.

Xhaka is the most consistent player for the past several years, yes he has his moments but it is inconsiderable when watching the rest of the dead players.

When Partey came, people were calling for Xhaka to be dropped, and yet he proved to be the better midfielder.

It's very unfair to shift a broad problem into a tiny fraction that is an average Swiss-Albanian midfielder.
Most technical player who cant control or pass a ball with his right foot. Ok. Lol

mirrorstare

I remember when Flamini used to do this and people called him Mr. Pointy Hands and laugh at him. Look he has vocal range and his pointy technique is world class but I do feel like fans try and substitute soft factors for quality. Remember what they say. You can’t f@ck personality. He/She makes you laugh and cares about your dreams but if they looks like Susan Boyle, I’m afraid we can’t be more than friends. Same applies here. Having a good personality is nice, but it doesn’t take you to CL finals. Quality is the most important thing there is and unfortunately, Xhaka is Susan Boyle when we need Scarlet Johansson

I have no idea why some pretend most of the fanbase rates Xhaka, it's just so far away from the truth it's laughable. This place can't even fully get over the 2 (two) people that defended Xhaka constantly ffs.

Anyway fans opinion is worthless, the real problem here is that the teammates have faith in his fingerpointing skills and pashun. If Flamini had this kind of influence we would have lost top 4 under his tenure too.

Bosniak Gooner

I agree on the part you’ve said about the club but the saying the fans don’t

Describe technique to me. Did you watch Bayern vs PSG today? Where do we find these kids?
If Xhaka could live up to his hype we wouldn’t have spent £50 million on Partey.
Balance, passing range, first touch, pass accuracy, shooting, ball carrying.

Please tell me who is more technical than him? Because if there was someone, surely he would be dropped by all the managers who worked with him.

I agree that he is average, and if you look at the competition, Tielemans, Kovačić, Pogba, Declan Rice are all superior to him.

My point is that he is not the main issue in this squad. Questions needs to be asked about different players. Particularly the wing back, striker, winger and AM positions.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
I have no idea why some pretend most of the fanbase rates Xhaka, it's just so far away from the truth it's laughable. This place can't even fully get over the 2 (two) people that defended Xhaka constantly ffs.

Anyway fans opinion is worthless, the real problem here is that the teammates have faith in his fingerpointing skills and pashun. If Flamini had this kind of influence we would have lost top 4 under his tenure too.
Its not only rhe the fan base unfortunately. The club love parading him around on social media as well. If Arteta sticks with him as a starter next season we're in for another 8th place or worse finish.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Balance, passing range, first touch, pass accuracy, shooting, ball carrying.

Please tell me who is more technical than him?

I agree that he is average, and if you look at the competition, Tielemans, Kovačić, Pogba, Declan Rice are all superior to him.

My point is that he is not the main issue in this squad. Questions needs to be asked about different players. Particularly the wing back, striker, winger and AM positions.
Balance:
As soon as he's bounced he falls down looking for a foul. One of these days its not going to work out and we will concede a goal. Mark my words.

Passing range:
Why are people so easily impressed with him hitting a ball from one side of the field to the next when the pass is useless. Lol. Why doesnt he pop any over the top for Auba on a regular basis since the range is so good?

First touch:
If he gets it on his right you can guarantee its 3 or more touches. Or.....Burnley.

Pass accuracy:
Of course that will be high with him passing sideways and backwards. The same thing Elneny is slaughtered for.

Shooting:
What?? His shots are rarely ever on target. Man scores one long range goal a year and people act like hi constantly peppers the keepers' gloves. Lol. What?

Ball carrying:
When? When does he carry the ball? As soon as he's pressured he passes and points.

Bosniak Gooner

Mate, the guy asked me what is considered good technique and I listed them, not attributing all of it to Xhaka.

He is just a flipping DLP, ball recycling and press resisting is his job. And he does a decent job at it.

I would like for us to get proper maestro in the midfield, don't get me wrong.

gunner4lyfe

Established Member
Mate, the guy asked me what is considered good technique and I listed them, not attributing all of it to Xhaka.

He is just a flipping DLP, ball recycling and press resisting is his job. And he does a decent job at it.

I would like for us to get proper maestro in the midfield, don't get me wrong.
You said he is the most technical so if these are the attributes that make someone technically good then that is exactly what you're doing. Lol.

Legend14

Established Member
Xhaka has improved his discipline tremendously this year and has been one of our more consistent players. He has always had player leadership capabilities. They all seem to respect him. Technically he is above average, just limited by being so one footed.

That said, I don’t think he is the type player to move Arsenal forward. He plays conservatively because he is not a player who is confident under pressure and is not a threat to progress the ball.

I think Xhaka limits Partey because Xhaka demands the ball which takes opportunities away from Partey, who is more capable of making a difference (see last assist). He also prevents Partey from moving forward because he cannot cover for Partey.

Not a Xhaka hater, I appreciate his game, its just not enough for our future needs.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
Its not only rhe the fan base unfortunately. The club love parading him around on social media as well. If Arteta sticks with him as a starter next season we're in for another 8th place or worse finish.
True. Going by the way Arsenal social media is trying to big him up for every damn thing, it looks like the club wants to give him another contract and they want to repair his image before they announce it. But it's hard work for them as Xhaka does a Xhaka every few games to let them down. Then they have to begin rebuilding his image from scratch.

Tir Na Nog

Changes Opinion Every 5 Minutes

Although not without fault, I much prefer this version of Xhaka than the current neutered version we've seen recently. He used to be much more progressive with his passing

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Although not without fault, I much prefer this version of Xhaka than the current neutered version we've seen recently. He used to be much more progressive with his passing
He still is. If you make a selective video of Granit you will find tons of forward passes. There's a reason he's still among the top of progression stats.

Case in point

What has completely gone away though are his shots from outside the box. He still does it in the national team though, so I dunno why.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom