• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Folarin Balogun: Balogone

Is he better than Lacazette?

• Total voters

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Not sure why this is seen as such an achievement by Arteta and Edu, Arsenal football club have extended the contract of a teenager that's barely played an hour of football for the first team, fending off interests from the likes of Leverkausen. Congratulations but is it really such a big deal?

Iceman10

Established Member
Not sure why this is seen as such an achievement by Arteta and Edu, Arsenal football club have extended the contract of a teenager that's barely played an hour of football for the first team, fending off interests from the likes of Leverkausen. Congratulations but is it really such a big deal?

Just happy he’s signing a new contract, not bothered so much as to the role of Edu/Arteta.

yybecause

Formerly known as ArsenaLover
yes it is

FinnGooner

Established Member
Balogun has everything to prove still so not gonna freak out over this but I think this enables us to sell Nketiah next summer, which is nice

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Don't get the hype to be honest. Especially if he's on 40k a week. Every hyped kid is going to want silly money to sign a new contract now this precedent has been set.

Might he turn out to be class? Sure. Could well be the next Arturo Lupoli too.

Youth football is very different to first team football, we all know that. I'm not going to read much into 8 minute sub cameos against Dundalk either.

If we sell Laca and look at this kid as an internal solution for next season I think I'll turn on Arteta.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Don't get the hype to be honest. Especially if he's on 40k a week. Every hyped kid is going to want silly money to sign a new contract now this precedent has been set.

Might he turn out to be class? Sure. Could well be the next Arturo Lupoli too.

Youth football is very different to first team football, we all know that. I'm not going to read much into 8 minute sub cameos against Dundalk either.

If we sell Laca and look at this kid as an internal solution for next season I think I'll turn on Arteta.
I think Wikshere and co were on the same money when they broke through. If you can't afford quality, you pay what you have and pray they come good

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Don’t care about the money, although you question whether other players/agents will look to rinse us for more.

I do look at him and think his wasted this season. Arteta has been floating between Nketiah, Auba and Lacazette hoping for someone to put their name to that spot. Had he just signed I think he would’ve been in the team, certainly would’ve taken Nelsons bench spot.

Jasard

Forum Issue Troubleshooter

Hope we actually get to see him play some proper minutes in the league at some point this season. Might actually be worth watching 🤔

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Anyway, most important thing about extending Balogun is it allows us to sell Lacazette and Nketiah, which hopefully brings in 30/40m.

Go with Auba, Martinelli, Balogun as the number 9 options next season, bring in a LW with the money.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Hope he just plays and doesn't go out on pointless loan. He's going to be 20 by the time next season starts so why would he need to go out on loan? Even over a decade ago Wilshere was 17/18 when he went out on loan at Bolton. At that was in a vastly superior Arsenal squad and at a time when trust in young player isn't as high/valued as it is now. It's common place now to see teenagers being important 1st team regulars.

Even if we're only rating him at Greenwood levels of hype, he should still not be going out on loan. Greenwood is younger than him and already has 2 seasons of 1st team football under his belt.

GDeep™

League is very weak
Hope he just plays and doesn't go out on pointless loan. He's going to be 20 by the time next season starts so why would he need to go out on loan? Even over a decade ago Wilshere was 17/18 when he went out on loan at Bolton. At that was in a vastly superior Arsenal squad and at a time when trust in young player isn't as high/valued as it is now. It's common place now to see teenagers being important 1st team regulars.

Even if we're only rating him at Greenwood levels of hype, he should still not be going out on loan. Greenwood is younger than him and already has 2 seasons of 1st team football under his belt.
Only Greenwood levels? Greenwood is maybe the best young talent in the country. Seen nothing to suggest Balogun is at those levels.

Manager will assess Balogun and decide in the summer, with Auba/Laca/Martinelli as options at CF.

Camus

Trusted ⭐
Only Greenwood levels? Greenwood is maybe the best young talent in the country. Seen nothing to suggest Balogun is at those levels.

Manager will assess Balogun and decide in the summer, with Auba/Laca/Martinelli as options at CF.
Personally think Greenwood is superbly overrated. I wouldn't be excited if he was an Arsenal player.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom