• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Top Of The Klopps

GDeep™

League is very weak
Talk of assistants is interesting, especially when you consider Utd players saying Ferguson was a poor coach and Evra even said they declined in terms of tactical approach after Carlos Queiroz left.

Having and being a good coach, seems an art in itself.

Tourbillion

Angry & Miserable
I was so onboard for Freddie, an Invincible leading us...stuff of dreams!

Then it went wrong immediately pretty much, with things that were both his and not his fault...his only win was on my birthday though, so happy with that at least :lol:
Loved the football he was trying to implement to be honest. The 2-2 at Norwich we played superbly in the first half.

Then the West Ham win was lovely.

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
Reading here, some of you are hung up on Arteta getting sacked ASAP, which isn’t going to happen no matter what as he’ll be given another crack next season. Which is a reasonable play for me.
I agree, no matter what happens tonight, Arteta will stay. However, we as a club have the tendency to stick it out with underachieving managers and more times than often it hurts us. Wenger flopped and missed out on top 4 and we go on to have our worst season under him. Emery flopped at Baku and he should've been sacked then but we don't and we hover around 8th in December. My question is, why do we let these managers stay to correct the mistakes they have caused?

GDeep™

League is very weak
I agree, no matter what happens tonight, Arteta will stay. However, we as a club have the tendency to stick it out with underachieving managers and more times than often it hurts us. Wenger flopped and missed out on top 4 and we go on to have our worst season under him. Emery flopped at Baku and he should've been sacked then but we don't and we hover around 8th in December. My question is, why do we let these managers stay to correct the mistakes they have caused?
Wenger wanted to leave after we won the FA Cup, club asked him to stay to protect themselves abit longer.

Couldn’t sack Emery after just one season where he nearly got top 4 and made the EL final.

Even Arteta, you don’t hire a newbie manager just to to sack them after one year unless they’ve been terrible. FA Cup got him time too.

Also, hiring and firing managers every season just shows you don’t know what you’re doing. Think they’ll want to ride this out with Arteta just so they can protect themselves a little too - Vinai, Edu, Josh etc.

ArtetaOut

Prague have disappointed me thoroughly. But this is merely delaying the inevitable as we aint gonna win the EL under Cone Boy and it would be extra sweet if it is Emery doing us a favor in the semis.

dka1

100% Dark Chocolate
Trusted ⭐

Yeah I agree that he made up for the first leg. Kudos to Arteta for the way we attacked those sheep sh@ggers from the onset.

There were a few periods we looked a little less energetic but I think down periods during a game are normal.

But there are still three games and a lot to play for, so let's see.

AberGooner

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Gabriel
Played some excellent stuff tonight. We've seen that in halfs here and there this season but it's all about doing it over a 90 which we did tonight. Hopefully Arteta sees Pepe/ESR/Saka as the blueprint for both now and the future. They all link together so well and an absolute nightmare for a defence to deal with. Partey a Rolls Royce behind them, so comfortable.

Iceman10

Established Member
It's likely we are going to keep Laca, will end up unstoppable I think. Could be something we look back on 3-6 months later on again but I'm not going to fight it if it happens. It is part of management and tough decisions though, and I would still prefer executing the plan of refreshing multiple positions on the pitch, incl.CF.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Prague have disappointed me thoroughly. But this is merely delaying the inevitable as we aint gonna win the EL under Cone Boy and it would be extra sweet if it is Emery doing us a favor in the semis.

Plenty of people on here don't rate Arteta or would prefer a different manager but still want Arsenal to win.

You want Arteta to fail more than you want Arsenal to succeed. It's weird.

Top Bottom