• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Fulham | Sunday, April 18 | KO: 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

blrgooner

Established Member
7th place can never give Europa league qualification, no matter who wins the FA cup. If the FA cup winner is in the top 5 that’ll mean that 6th place in EPL qualifies for europa.
So one question here. If we don`t win Europa and United win it, since they have already qualified to the CL, doesn`t it mean that the 5th place team in the league will qualify for the CL? Doesn`t that mean that if one of the top 4 teams win the FA cup, the 7th place team will qualify for Europa?

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

I doubt we're gonna play the yoof like some people want. Arteta will still want to finish the season as well as possible and finish in as high a position as possible too. Rotation yes, but Azeez and Balogun? Forget it.
Doubt either will be on the bench, think he’ll keep the same front four as well with maybe Willian coming in for Pepe. Arteta just doesn’t rest players, he plays them until they pick up an injury.

Goonger

So one question here. If we don`t win Europa and United win it, since they have already qualified to the CL, doesn`t it mean that the 5th place team in the league will qualify for the CL? Doesn`t that mean that if one of the top 4 teams win the FA cup, the 7th place team will qualify for Europa?

No, in the scenario of Utd winning the Europa League, it doesn't give England an extra CL place. Chelsea beat us in the final in 2019 and finished 3rd. We were 5th but didn't get into Champions League.

Mo Britain

Doom Monger
7th place can never give Europa league qualification, no matter who wins the FA cup. If the FA cup winner is in the top 5 that’ll mean that 6th place in EPL qualifies for europa.
Explain to me then which are the three teams who go into the Europa league then if the winners of the League and FA Cups are already in the CL or in the EL by league position.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

FFS thats grim. Imagine being in the Europa Conference League. Hope we finish 12th tbh.
Thought it was a joke that A-M made up, I didn't realise it was real and now I feel sick.

We need to get 6th in the league because as much as I want us to, I don't back us to win the EL.

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
A lot of our performers from last night won’t need resting. Saka is probably the only one that shouldn’t be starting here, not when Martinelli and Pepe have shown good form.

GLITCH

Is Ryan not a good enough no. 2? Not sure why he's still not being used to give Leno a rest and keep him on his toes.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel

"The boss is angry, angry...no score, no score...easy boss, now Cazorla, no problem."

Once you get past the comedy, that's a lovely run by Gnabry at around 20 seconds...such a shame how it just wouldn't come together for him here after that season, such a shame.

GoonerJeeves

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Europa Conference League. It's going to be massive.

Away games in the winter on the Kazakh steppe. Perhaps the team being sent on the Trans-Siberian railway to economise. Tovarich Arteta putting on the samovar to keep our lads warm as the train pulls into a forgotten station with a statue of Lenin looking sternly on the desolate landscape.

Can our lads do it on a cold night in Kazakhstan ?

mirrorstare

If we want to maximize of chances of getting an european trophy, we should aim to UECL. We can write our name in history by being the first UECL winners.

I trust Arteta to do the correct thing here, as fans we want trophies and a new, easier one, deserving of our kind of football has just appeared in the horizon.

Melquiades

Europa Conference League. It's going to be massive.

Away games in the winter on the Kazakh steppe. Perhaps the team being sent on the Trans-Siberian railway to economise. Tovarich Arteta putting on the samovar to keep our lads warm as the train pulls into a forgotten station with a statue of Lenin looking sternly on the desolate landscape.

Can our lads do it on a cold night in Kazakhstan ?

This whole Europe Conference League thing is such a dumb idea.

The idea behind it should be to have a European competition for smaller leagues that smaller teams actually have a chance to win - end up with a Celtic-Molde final or whatever.

But as soon as you're putting the 6th-7th place team from England/Spain/Italy/Germany into the competition, you've basically just pointlessly created two identical Europa leagues because the difference between the 5th and 6th place team in all of those leagues is non-existent. And those teams will batter the Conference competition the same way they currently batter the EL. And all that does is further devalue the prestige of winning the EL.

Vicki

If we want to maximize of chances of getting an european trophy, we should aim to UECL. We can write our name in history by being the first UECL winners.

I trust Arteta to do the correct thing here, as fans we want trophies and a new, easier one, deserving of our kind of football has just appeared in the horizon.
I know the post is ironic, but imo if we can't win the Europa League then we still have to try and be in Europe next season, whatever the competition.

And...and...the Winners of the European Conference League gets ... automatic qualification for next season's ...

...Europa League.
Oh!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom