• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Fulham | Sunday, April 18 | KO: 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Pretty sure we created way more xG than them, no? Hardly a bad performance, just very Arsenal-y.

Also we can't exactly say "yeah PL over let's play Balogun and Azeez" and then get mad at PL results.
I think our XG was one of the highest of the season. It was quite a bad performance tbh-poor decision making, no urgency and just tepid. I think getting up the table is now largely over so I'm all for playing Azeez and Balogun. Matches on Thursday should have been used to integrate the fringe players better. Of course I'll grumble if the results are bad but not so vehemently if the performance is good and I can see an upgrade in certain positions for the next season. There's no excuse for sending Willock and AMN on loan, freezing out Valogun, Nketiah and Nelson whilst keeping faith with Willian, Elneny and Ceballos.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe

Why do almost always our players keep celebrating equalizers? If it's like before 70 min maybe ok but not so late

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The punishments for diving are not commensurate with the potential advantages. Diving needs to be punished consistently with cards and with bans.
Think VAR has actually made it worse. Look at Son's dive when his face was touched against ManU. Saved them going down 1-0. Today Fulham benefitted from their player making the most of it and looking at VAR I wouldn't have given it as he didn't fall because of the contact but because he wanted to fall as there was contact.

Just struggle how the game is officiated both via VAR and what is considered a foul. Some really blatant contact which hinders attackers is never punished and "contact" like today's penalty is. Just really odd how the referees and the FA have allowed things to go this way. As a fan and viewer it actually takes away from the enjoyment of the game. But there we are...

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Didn’t see the game unfortunately. I presume we were great right?
We were fine for the first 20-30 min. and should have been up. Fulham then grew into the game and had a couple of chances. Second half they get a super soft penalty and then we chase creating some decent chances. We score at the death. There you go. Honest summary of game. A movie we have seen so many times.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

A midfield that is unable to play together.

Have no interest in seeing that combination again.

Over the last couple of months I have come around on Xhaka a bit more, while really souring on Elneny and Ceballos. Hope the two later are gone next season. So with you on not wanting to see Elneny and Ceballos play together again. Especially Elneny offers nothing going forward besides his odd thunder bastard!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom