• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Fulham | Sunday, April 18 | KO: 13:30 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

The same lot that called for Wenger to be sacked when we were finishing 2nd and 3rd btw. :lol:
In their defence they are trying to make money of their own brand of fan douche baggery. Not even sure why anyone would watch it and post it here unless you want to drive clicks and in the end money into their tiny pockets...

Wonder how they will be treated by other fans once the stadiums open. Given how polite many Arsenal fans are nothing much will happen I guess although some of them sure deserve a severe talking to...

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan
Think VAR has actually made it worse. Look at Son's dive when his face was touched against ManU. Saved them going down 1-0. Today Fulham benefitted from their player making the most of it and looking at VAR I wouldn't have given it as he didn't fall because of the contact but because he wanted to fall as there was contact.

Just struggle how the game is officiated both via VAR and what is considered a foul. Some really blatant contact which hinders attackers is never punished and "contact" like today's penalty is. Just really odd how the referees and the FA have allowed things to go this way. As a fan and viewer it actually takes away from the enjoyment of the game. But there we are...

It's because the rules are ****e and no one knows what's what anymore. In Germany it's usually weeks of any contact in the box being awarded a penalty - even stuff you'd never even give as a foul anywhere else on the pitch - then there's a bit of a public outcry and for one week we get the opposite that basically nothing's a penalty anymore, then swing back to every contact a pen again. Rules are a mess and need figuring out, then VAR will also work out eventually.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
I know AFTV is crap but ffs they allowed to celebrate last minute goal. Didn't Liverpool celebrate drawing against Westbrom at home front of kop.

Why

Always Me ?
Missed the game due to being dragged to the inlaws.

Read the match report on BBC, seems like we had some chances? Worth a watch on MoTD or will it annoy the crap out of me before bed?

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Every decision was fair in the match.Even chelsea were denied 2 goals yesterday.Why are you defending arteta??the officials did not ask him to start bellerin and elneny.
Sorry bro, thought my posting about Arteta's long list of mistakes would negate the need for an irony emoji. Should have put the upside down smiley face in. :lol:

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

It's because the rules are ****e and no one knows what's what anymore. In Germany it's usually weeks of any contact in the box being awarded a penalty - even stuff you'd never even give as a foul anywhere else on the pitch - then there's a bit of a public outcry and for one week we get the opposite that basically nothing's a penalty anymore, then swing back to every contact a pen again. Rules are a mess and need figuring out, then VAR will also work out eventually.
Sounds like they have it worked out in the Bundesliga then... ;)

I hope you are right in your assessment that VAR will work eventually. Not sure myself if it is used for every goal like it is now. To me it should only be for clear and obvious refereeing errors only. If someone is on- or offside by what looks to be a fraction then just let the referee decision on the field stand. Only clear fouls should be given that actually impede attackers or defenders. None of this "there was contact" stuff. The penalty today would never ever have been a free kick anywhere else on the field. Look for dives and if they are clear punish them harshly.

The way it is now you cannot celebrate a goal that looks totally fine just because somewhere something that could potentially be called a foul or offside took place even if in the build-up.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko

Read the match report on BBC, seems like we had some chances? Worth a watch on MoTD or will it annoy the crap out of me before bed?

Annoy the crap out of you. It's just the same **** finishing that ruined our season up to this point.

CaseUteinberger

Established Member

Watch MOTD. It is always a nice way to end the day. Have a dram of Scotch ready though. The VAR is epic in this one and we missed a lot of chances. You will know the drill.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

It'll annoy you don't bother we missed 2 good chances early in game after that we wasted 30 minutes being rubbish then Ceballos scored but saka was milimater offside. We started 2nd half well but Fulham got soft penalty after that it was all us until Eddie scored last min

Why

Always Me ?
Righto, ill give it a miss and sleep soundly knowing the sprogs are back in school tomorrow.

Lacazette injured from the sounds of it. Bodes well for Europe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom