• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
First game I ever went to was Ballymena Utd at the Showgrounds, maybe I should just go back to that, I fell in love with this thing cos of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and Wenger, that's all gone, there's nothing now, this club has wasted years of my life, i thought we'd get back to the top by doing things the right way because we had a philosophy we believed in, and they just gave up, they were losing so they gave up. F*ck them.

Shoulda stuck with Ballymena

ChefMan21

It is going to fail. Those clowns didn't read the room. It is the worst timing ever and the reactions from fans, leagues, UEFA and other instances has been loud and swift. These jackasses managed to unite everyone against them. The fact that the Bayern, PSG, BVB are not joining either is a big blow to the project.
Best thing to happen in football for years. People are angry, motivated, passionate. Football can and should be able to tap into that to either kill off the idea, to find a way and time for it to work, and irrespective of what happens, there's going to be a long, hard debate about this. FIFA, UEFA, the FA, don't like it because it shines a pretty glaring light on them, many sponsors will be cranky about their brands not being main game focus, reckon there's a fair bit of jealousy from some opposition fans too.

Red London

Anti-Simp Culture
Trusted ⭐
I was listening to a Tifo podcast on this today. They had a knowledgable guest on who the presenter Joe asked who's his favourite out of the comic series of billionaire owners pushing this... he sarcastically said Stan Kroenke because he is the most shameless of them all.

The guest also said that Kroenke would 100% be willing to move us, just like he has done with a US team, moving it to a totally different state. I think we avoid that as we are in London but I am sure this **** would eventually move us to the USA anyway, or really push us to play a lot of our games away from London, in other continents/countries.

Gooner416

Master of Stonks
Trusted ⭐

It does feel like a big bluff admittedly. All that's come out from these clubs is a tweet and a basic website that's it.
Hope this is the case. With the agents having significant issues with the reform and reportedly those discussions having gone south, it doesn't surprise me that clubs have decided to take on UEFA/FIFA as well. Football is one massive game of politics.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Find it hard to care when UEFA and FIFA give out slaps on the wrist for entire stadiums making monkey chants but now they want to ban super league players from the world cup and all sorts.

The Super League may not be the best idea but I'd smile if UEFA and FIFA both went bankrupt tomorrow. ****s.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
What a bunch of clowns...Basically it is the NFL model. What's next? 2 min time out in the middle of a half for sponsors and advertisements? WTF......

100% It's not even a joke, it's serious. There were drinks break last summer, it's already sort of happened, they'll have a 'drinks break' every half and show adverts. Also these clubs aren't staying in their towns. Go look at the website, it's not the 'European Super League', it's just 'The Super League'. The branding is there to allow the clubs to eventually move around, beyond their towns, beyond Europe, to wherever the most lucrative market is.

Our owner moved one of his teams from St Louis to LA. That already happened, why should we be surprised when he tries to take Arsenal out of London?

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
I would have thought if they truly felt the club was racist, they wouldn't be there, there's plenty of other places to go to.

You make it sound like it's an easy thing to do.

Most footballers don't pick and chose where they end up and they also usually support more than just themselves. You'd be surprised at how many players go play at bad conditions or in countries where rascimn is a real issue just so they can provide for themselves and their families. It's a short career and they have to make the most of it.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Because we are Arsenal obsessives we forget the power of international football. The World Cup Final audience dwarfs that of the Champions League final.

Since the "rebels" don't want to control football, only make money for themselves, the "Empire" has a powerful weapon which cannot be used against them.

Literally. To us it’s all football. I’ll watch any old sh*te.

World Cup is a different vibe. Like the Super Bowl but over four weeks.

My girlfriend loathes club football but if Nigeria or Ireland qualify she’s getting her shirts out and watching every game even if it’s Iran - Costa Rica :lol:

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
100% It's not even a joke, it's serious. There were drinks break last summer, it's already sort of happened, they'll have a 'drinks break' every half and show adverts. Also these clubs aren't staying in their towns. Go look at the website, it's not the 'European Super League', it's just 'The Super League'. The branding is there to allow the clubs to eventually move around, beyond their towns, beyond Europe, to wherever the most lucrative market is.

Our owner moved one of his teams from St Louis to LA. That already happened, why should we be surprised when he tries to take Arsenal out of London?

Nothing stopping them moving the competition to the summer break to be played in a WC style format in whatever place pays the the most.

blaze_of_glory

Not sure if already posted.
Wow, Kroenke really going to mortgage the club's future for this ****. Death pledge

Mortgage: late Middle English: from Old French, literally ‘dead pledge’, from mort (from Latin mortuus ‘dead’) + gage ‘pledge’.

Amortize derives via Middle English and Anglo-French from Vulgar Latin admortire, meaning "to kill." The Latin noun mors ("death") is a root of admortire; it is related to our word murder, and it also gave us a word naming a kind of loan that is usually amortized: mortgage.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
First game I ever went to was Ballymena Utd at the Showgrounds, maybe I should just go back to that, I fell in love with this thing cos of Henry, Vieira, Bergkamp and Wenger, that's all gone, there's nothing now, this club has wasted years of my life, i thought we'd get back to the top by doing things the right way because we had a philosophy we believed in, and they just gave up, they were losing so they gave up. F*ck them.

Shoulda stuck with Ballymena
Is it true what they say about if you come from Ballymena?

Played in the Showgrounds couple of times. Mourneview hard to beat.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Wouldn't us losing every match, be better entertainment though, from their perspective...especially with AFTV ffs :lol:

Sigh... Do i have to explain everything to you? It's called jeopardy. It's a very attractive feature of sports that gets the adrenaline glands pumping. It's why it's a lot more fun watching Arsenal play United, than it is watching us play Sheffield.

Ok, Arsenal are a bad example, but you get what I mean.

Latest posts

Top Bottom