• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Its hilarious watching these overpaid clowns clamber over each other because they're genuinely worried about the money that would be funnelled out of the UK if this goes ahead.

This just takes the biscuit. A tory member of government complaining about money men and stuff not being fair. I mean seriously. Stuff like this makes me want it to happen.

razörist

Soft With The Ladies, Hard With The Mes

There is no "instead", they are all to blame; agents, players, owners.

I just can't digest players going on and on over social media with their fake love for football at the same time when contracts reached 300k+/w. Just spare me the drama, it's business for them just as it's business for the clubs, which means, they are all the same
You can love football and money. I would play for Arsenal for free but if they gave me 250k a week to do it I’d take it and run.

TromsoGooner

Obsessed With Looking for Eric
So who is for

Absolutely mad.
European qualification is a privlage, it's not our ****ing right to be playing in the " elite " bracket every week. Going on our performances over the past couple of seasons we're the last team that deserves this.
Yeah West Ham could get CL football, and maybe they might scrape through the group and get knocked out by the quarter finals, but I tell you what, their fans will love every second of it and will feel like they earned that right. It wasn't handed to them.
These games in the ESL will mean absolutely nothing.
'
I admire your efforts but there really is no point having a discussion with people like @HairSprayGooners if he really believes this is "just replacing the Champions League". You really have to be ignorant to make that claim.

roz

Fake News Merchant
The system is broken. Petrodollar clubs have totally polluted the system like Wenger said they would.

Old money has gone bankrupt trying to compete so the answer should be regulation and financial prudence.

Instead of rewarding financial clout a system should be set up to reward achievement within the constraints of the system.

Actually make the game sustainable.
Would be great if someone could come up with some sort of financial fairness play. Everyone would totally listen, for sure.

MikelHadADream

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
the old cartel seems to think the English clubs the weak targets in the new cartel

**** these people. Uefa give 50% of champions league final tickets to sponsors and coporations, and now they're on about greed and screwing fans over.

I really hope everyone can see through these people. The super league is about greed and money, sure. But at least Perez was upfront about it. These people are lying snakes that are now hiding behind the cover of the fans to protect their own power base.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
You can love football and money. I would play for Arsenal for free but if they gave me 250k a week to do it I’d take it and run.
OK, but that money needs to come from somewhere, right? The more players want, the more clubs need to earn, and looking at the wage bill, it's going up all the time. So both players and clubs want more, that's why this thing is on the table, but players pretend that it's only clubs who are greedy

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Would be great if someone could come up with some sort of financial fairness play. Everyone would totally listen, for sure.

I can’t stand the Tories and I’m in no doubt anything they’d do is self serving but them actually putting restrictions and regulations in place to limit the financially bloated game we have today is the best case scenario.

field442

Hates Journalists Named James
Trusted ⭐
Is that even up for debate? If you take the best teams out of any sport then of course the interest will disappear.

If Federer, Nadal and Djokovic decided to set up their own 3 player mini league then people wouldn’t watch tennis tournaments as much but why should they have the power to stop the clock and set up their own league just because they’re on top?

They’re setting up their own cup competition. UEFA club competitions won’t cease to exist. Granted those teams won’t be in it anymore and the competitions will lack the glamour and money they do know but if those clubs don’t want other teams piggybacking and taking what they see as an unfair share of the money then I don’t have a problem with it. Personally I’d rather just see clubs have their own tv rights but that will never happen. At least it would stop all the **** we’re seeing now.

albakos

Arséne Wenger: "I will miss you"
Administrator

Player:Saka
A silver lining to all of this is that Allardici will be able to preserve his record of never having been relegated after we cop a points deduction.

tenor.gif
Remember, he also has a 100% win record for the Three Lions :lol:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom