• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Mickey Rooney

Precisly. They just don't get it.

You had to explain to Americans (NFL,NBA,NHL fans) why europeans were upset because they just didn't get it. They don't understand the concept of a football pyramid and its weird and foreign to them.

However that no excuse for the Liverpool, Arsenal, ManU owners to not at least try to understand european sensiblities. They had more than enough time. They haven't bought these clubs a week ago.

It's arrogance pure and simple.

As a Canadian (and Arsenal fan for over 20 years), I think this is spot on. I’m a perfect example of it. I’ve spent the past few days really surprised at the reaction. I liked the proposal, if it did contain a salary/spending cap and significant revenue sharing within the league. In my mind, that would ensure a league with significant parity and top talent -what more can you ask for as a fan? I also tend to think that the ‘openness’ or merit based premises of the current system is severely oversold. It’s anything but a level playing field -it’s grossly skewed by the club’s financial ressources and with the oil clubs and teams (such as Bayern) that abuse their domination of their national leagues to unfair advantages. If we look at this year’s UCL semis, it’s three oil clubs (two of which are basically prestige vehicles for oil rich countries) and a club that has won its league for almost a decade straight by regularly poking talent from ‘lesser’ clubs in its country. The footballing system seems to me to be far more ‘unbridled capitalism’ than the North American franchise system when those leagues have good salary caps and profit sharing. I think the ‘openness’ of the promotion/relegation system is overly romanticized and doesn’t quite reflect the reality on the field, which is the domination of the richest clubs operating financially unsustainable models (be it by debt or as a play thing for rich foreign monarchs). There is far more turnover at the top of north American leagues than in football, because there are mechanisms (such as the draft and salary cap/revenue sharing) that level the playing field and make the leagues more competitive. This is not even mentioning how ‘savagely capitalistic’ a system of rich teams regularly buying talent from smaller teams is.

Anywho, I love football and will of course continue to do so. I just think there is a disconnect between the romantic notions of open competition and the reality that the system is actually closer to open-ended and monopolistic capitalism in its effects.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Suspended? IE if another chance arises in 10 years time, we'll do it.

Nah man, this needs to be nipped in the bud now, **** the owners off, deduct points, fines.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

These guys are psychotic

Billionaires will eat each other given the chance.

Still can’t get my head around it. 12 hours ago I had people swearing blind that Perez was a Stringer Bell type mastermind and there were signed, unbreakable 23 year contracts :lol:

The 2011 riots lasted longer than the Super League ffs. Pathetic stuff.

Mrs Bergkamp

Double Dusted
Dusted 🔻
Wenger was like a chameleon, adeptebly adaptable across multiple managerial roles.

Its true an owner with a good grasp of English football is required but I repeat, the most important people are supporters. Unless Arsenal fans start showing pride for the club even during these difficult times of Kroenke, Arteta and Covid; we'll never progress with or without a new owner.

We must do everything we can to fulfill this. AFTV and some other YouTube channels are weapons against this club.
The question is how we show pride. I used to buy the shirt and goods from sponsors to show support when Wenger was here. The club is not what it was and embarrasses me tbh.

Sapient Hawk

Can You Smell What The Hawk Is Cooking?
Trusted ⭐

Levy's probably on the phone grovelling to Mourinho "Come back, Jose, all's forgiven, just don't forget to bring the £30 million along"

Bastards gonna try to convince Kane to stay by telling him he's got a marquis signing only to throw it all at Toronto to bring back Victor Wanyama :lol:

rich 1990

Not A Big Believer In Diversity
Can you not do that?
No. I'm not mocking the incident, i'm mocking the sanctimoniousness of the reactions to things like this. For instance, i get something slightly wrong about a foreign team's name and people jump all over it. I hate these self appointed knights in shining armour. It's an incident that happened thousands of miles away, it's America's problem.

Legend14

Established Member
I don't hate the american set-up btw. I think there are a lot of good things in there that could be adapted and transferred between our sports. (Miced-Refs, certain agreed caps between teams and so on (because FFP is a joke))

But that's it adapted and transferred. To make each other better. Not force the thing on to the other side just because you think its better.
The Caps and revenue share are important in our leagues. Without them we would have a big 2 like the Spanish league. ( See Yankees). With them, we have no clue who will win the league each year.

Papa Wonga

Established Member
Levy's probably on the phone grovelling to Mourinho "Come back, Jose, all's forgiven, just don't forget to bring the £30 million along"

Bastards gonna try to convince Kane to stay by telling him he's got a marquis signing only to throw it all at Toronto to bring back Victor Wanyama :lol:
I wonder if levy was showing the players youtube videos of potential super-league players, saying:

"Lads...this is it, we're in the big time, you're about to be sharing the pitch with Kroos / Casemiro" only for 48 hrs later back to winks

Top Bottom