• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
100%

As a Canadian hockey fan, the lack of transparency in the EPL (and all of European football) is absolutely stunning. And is very obviously a breeding ground for corruption.

I know every contract clause for every player on my NHL team with absolute certainty. Plus all contracts are standard and built the same way so nobody can insert any weird ****. That nobody really knows exactly what Willian makes or what the terms of his deal are is just insanity. Stone age 3rd world stuff.
Oh btw. I'm 100% on that.

Having worked in plenty of non-profits. Full transparency is key for me. Financial data, especially for a sports club, shouldn't be hidden.

TakeChillPill

Established Member
Yeah let's paint the weasel that is gary neville as footballs saviour.

Suppose he's better then the scouse spitter, a good name for a video npc that. "Scouse spitter lvl 135, Habitat: Wheelie bin in merseyside"
On the back of that rent I wouldn't be surprised if Gary Neville decided to run for London Mayor.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Now expect all the "non greedy 6" to be extra motivated against us...

Honestly - and I can only speak for myself obviously - I don't put any of this on Arsenal as a football club. This is ALL on Kroenke. There's good people from top to bottom working at Arsenal that had absolutely nothing to do with this. Every report tells about players being blindsided, staff being distraught at the prospect of this happening etc.

It's important to focus this anger at the people who caused it. The players, supporters and 95% of the staff were vehemently against this. Winning a football game against you lot does **** all to sway this in either direction.

This is about deluded rich ****s caring about their wallets and nothing else. If Kroenke could up his profits by 10% by burning 10 newborn children on a pyre every month, he'd explore every opportunity to make that happen.

I care more about you lot than your owner does. Work to end that ************ and everyone like him.

blaze_of_glory

100%

As a Canadian hockey fan, the lack of transparency in the EPL (and all of European football) is absolutely stunning. And is very obviously a breeding ground for corruption.

I know every contract clause for every player on my NHL team with absolute certainty. Plus all contracts are standard and built the same way so nobody can insert any weird ****. That nobody really knows exactly what Willian makes or what the terms of his deal are is just insanity. Stone age 3rd world stuff.
Yeah there has to be a way to get the good stuff of the NA franchise model into the game without bogging it down with the bad aspects. I used to love hockey too, but playing 82 regular season games just to eliminate a handful of teams before the playoffs start seems crazy to me now. No point even paying attention until like March or so.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
I imagine this wonderful thread will be the only good thing to come from this, sadly...nothing will get better imo, though I hope it will.

The people who run football don't care about the fans, they just wanted to be in control of the money again...if anything it will get worse, as this still feels like a very ****ed up situation, don't think it's over.

Dokaka

AM's resident Hammer
Yeah there has to be a way to get the good stuff of the NA franchise model into the game without bogging it down with the bad aspects. I used to love hockey too, but playing 82 regular season games just to eliminate a handful of teams before the playoffs start seems crazy to me now. No point even paying attention until like March or so.

Used to think the same, but I love the NBA. Yeah you can't watch every game, but the massive amount of minutes played means stats become a lot more relevant and highlights are endless. You pick and choose what you watch and don't miss a lot.

I agree about the transparency as well, probably not talked about enough. We should know exactly how much every players earns in wages and bonuses, it helps keep everything in check. The only reason these people want to keep transfer fees and wages hidden is to eliminate scrutiny and help facilitate corruption.

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Football is becoming more and more like politics really big restart needed. But I just don't expect it

GoonerJay24

The question is how we show pride. I used to buy the shirt and goods from sponsors to show support when Wenger was here. The club is not what it was and embarrasses me tbh.

Look Arsenal have been moving mad for awhile, regularly getting embarrassed in Europe by teams like Bayern. Currently we're struggling to even reach the top 6 positions. It's not good and it makes me sick seeing this inconsistent mediocrity. However, other teams also struggled just as much if not more than we are.
Liverpool for instance, went through some bad periods during the late 2000s and early 2010s. They didn't win a trophy for six years, yet you always felt their fans were united through these years because of a collective awareness towards their club values.

The first step is to remind yourself why you support this Arsenal; our core values, traditions and history. Once you do this and truly believe you must unite with fellow Arsenal fans, build a good positive prideful vibe towards the club.

Debate and criticism is everywhere nowadays and can't be avoided. Obviously we welcome this, but blatant disrespect or Arsenal fans on social media platforms who continually do not reflect the club's values must be called out and condemned. Even yesterday I had to call out and argue with that guy Turkish from AFTV because he was silently sat there on a podcast allowing fans from rival club's to disrespect us as if we are some small club.

Such ignorance is completely at odds with what Chapman, Wenger and Arsenal stand for. It's turning a blind eye to this sort of thing that has kept Arsenal fans in a low state of vibration which the English media who have a direct agenda against us, take advantage of.

So the main thing is to remind ourselves as much as possible why you support this club and the values.

Last edited:

Latest posts+

Top Bottom