• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
It makes me sick to have witnessed the outrage around the ESL and the fact that it has been canceled after less than 48h. People backing the UEFA and FIFA like they were some kind of small players and are angels even though they're among the most corrupted organization in sport.
It makes me sick to see the likes of Guardiola saying this isn't sport anymore if effort isn't rewarded, when the same guy spends 200M every summer in order to win. He's one of the guys who ****ed the market. He's one of the guys who's killing competition year after year. He's the guy who buys £60M players only to have them on the bench when these same guys would be starters in any other team in the league.
Or Ander Herrera who said rich people are stealing Poor's people sport, whereas the guy plays for ****ing PSG. Psg did exactly steal from the "Poors" as he said. His owners are using slaves to build stadiums.
You don't have the right to speak up when you're an actor of the same system who wants to build the super League.

Where was all this outrage when billionaires started buying clubs and killing all merit and competition? Killing all the market ?
Hell where is the outrage around 2022 world cup?

People are genuinely happy of the situation because the ESL is dead, for now... At the same time UEFA announced they gonna raise massively the money earned from European cups... Which will profit to the same clubs who wanted to build their superleague.
So basically, the gap between super big clubs and smaller clubs is only to get bigger, like it was supposed to happen with this ESL.
Where is the win here?

No-one opposed to the ESL is trying to make out that UEFA are the good guys though.

The core issue is corporate greed and anti competitiveness. That's an issue with UEFA / FIFA / PL, any major football club. But acknowledging those issues with the game as it stands and then pushing for the ESL which is an even more more egregious example of greed and anti competitiveness isn't the answer to any sane person.

Acknowledging these issues with the game as it stands and thinking the solution to corporate greed and a lack of fairness is to make it even more greedy and unfair, is just bizarre.

None of this is about liking or sticking up for UEFA / FIFA etc. They're knobs, they just happened to be the lesser knobs on this one particular issue.

The ESL should be consigned to the dustbin of history and we desperately need real meaningful reform of the institutions in charge of the game and club ownership etc.

No-one is happy with how the game is run at the moment. Instead of patting ourselves on the back about the ESL folding let's all club together as fans and put pressure on the decision makers in the game to enact root and branch reform.

Last edited:

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The sad thing about all of this is that its clearly evident more than ever that not a single person at Arsenal has any balls.

KDB, Pep, Henderson, Milner, Rashford, Bruno etc all came out BEFORE the thing was scraped. Auba deleted his twitter. Our club lacks leaders and soul and even after staying its still the same.

Until the Americans go and Arsenal people buy the club it will be like that. I'd happy set up a monthly subscription to help be part of a fan group/owners group.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Just wanted to quickly share the activity graph of these past two days and compare them with other periods.

View attachment 2596
  1. Arsenal 0 - 3 Liverpool
  2. Arsenal 1 - 1 Slavia Praha
  3. Sheffield United 0 - 3 Arsenal
  4. Slavia Praha 0 - 4 Arsenal
  5. Arsenal 1 - 1 Fulham
As you may see, the activity after a matchday drops quite a lot, but it wasn't the case after the Fulham match and then the news of ESL.

This thread was a fantastic example of fan unity in sharing of the condemnation and outrage over the ESL project.

Well played to most of you and let's keep the discussion civil ☺️

#KroenkeOut

AM would like to thank its key stakeholders for their valuable contribution to recent increased and sustained performances.

RacingPhoton

Established Member
I think what Perez said about football not being interesting to younger fans is pretty true. But then I also think when I was young I was able to watch the CL because it was easily accessible (and still is here in Ireland) but for kids in the UK you have to have BT to watch it, CL used to be on ITV and it used to capture the imagination of loads of young football fans because it showcased the best of the best on terrestrial TV. Even the FA Cup BBC don't show as many games as the used to. As for the PL it's not accessible at all without the ludicrous Sky subscription. Football was taken from the fans a long time ago and that shouldn't be forgotten at all.
This. If it is available to everyone for cheap, interest will automatically increase. It's funny to see interest in PL increasing in India, but decreasing in UK. Could well be down to the fact that I can pay an equivalent of 10 Pounds per year for a streaming service. I get to watch all the matches at the same time with match repeats and highlights available for two weeks. And yes, I also get many movies and TV shows(including GoT) plus some content in all Indian regional languages. All this for 10 Pounds per ****ing year. The UK channels are charging so much and now they are wondering why the interest is reducing.

Makingtrax

Worships in the house of Wenger 🙏
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Just wanted to quickly share the activity graph of these past two days and compare them with other periods.

View attachment 2596
  1. Arsenal 0 - 3 Liverpool
  2. Arsenal 1 - 1 Slavia Praha
  3. Sheffield United 0 - 3 Arsenal
  4. Slavia Praha 0 - 4 Arsenal
  5. Arsenal 1 - 1 Fulham
As you may see, the activity after a matchday drops quite a lot, but it wasn't the case after the Fulham match and then the news of ESL.

This thread was a fantastic example of fan unity in sharing of the condemnation and outrage over the ESL project.

Well played to most of you and let's keep the discussion civil ☺️

#KroenkeOut
Geez, bet we haven't seen a profile like that since the famous @say yes @Jury debate over whether Giroud was a donkey or not.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
Says how important the fans are to him but doesn’t consult them first and then tries to ride out the criticism for 48 hours.

The guy doesn’t give a ****. We’re numbers on a spreadsheet to these people. Hope they get him out and he ****s off back across the Atlantic for good.

Also doesn't actually say what was wrong with it, just says they got it wrong and sorry for not consulting fans, I wanna hear them acknowledge the importance of the football league system, I wanna hear them explicitly say they'll respect the traditions of European football.

Taneruit

Established Member

Player:Zinchenko
Says how important the fans are to him but doesn’t consult them first and then tries to ride out the criticism for 48 hours.

The guy doesn’t give a ****. We’re numbers on a spreadsheet to these people. Hope they get him out and he ****s off back across the Atlantic for good.
He didn't even consult his own employees which this video makes clear.

Not that not consulting the fans isn't terrible (it's horrible beyond repair as a sports club), but not even consulting the people that work for you, that bleed for you, shows everything about what kind of executive/owner you are. The worst kind.

That a contract on this scale was signed while this seems to have applied to nearly every club in it is for me one of the greatest scandals, not just in the world of football, but in the world of business in general.

Vicki

Weird take.
You force the owners out from those clubs with governmental measures and fan pressure if you can and you caught 100% of what's related.

What you propose is to make the players, coaches, staff and fans suffer instead which are 100% unrelated to the matter.
No, because that doesn't work

I don't care for the players at all. Nor the coaches.
You think they're 'Arsenal'?

You make the fans suffer so that they finally do something about the owners.
Relegate Arsenal, and ManU, Liverpool, and then see if 'American owners' are accepted.
And they are 'accepted' now

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

This whole fiasco should see the term big 6 dumped, should stop Uefa pandering to England, Spain and Italy and bring reform across Europe.

What will happen is Sky will praise the big 6 for seeing the light, more concessions will be given to these nations and top level European football will become a closed shop for the 99.9% of clubs.

Top Bottom