• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐

So pathetic and weak he called them all these traitors words spit on face etc.. 2 days ago thats why there no hope.

GoonerJay24

What are our values and traditions? We've been lost/dead for over a decade.

I've been a fan since 1998/99 but I can't even tell you what they are.

Our values and traditions are exactly what the British media football pundits mock us about.

Innovation, victory through harmony, developing young players from all over the world, quick passing football, looking after the footballing and local communities.

The most important thing is pride, being proud of these values even through difficult periods like now. When we doing things the United, Chelsea and even Liverpool way; we'll fall further.

The British media have perennially and gradually put Arsenal fans in a state of gloom and low vibrancy towards the club. The people who control the footballing media in this country are largely affiliated to Liverpool and Manchester United, two clubs who have always tried to defame Arsenal because they've always felt uncomfortable about a club from the South having such virtuous prideful values.

Arsenal fans need to wake up. I didn't like the way people on here yesterday were getting upset, mocking the squad and manager for not speaking out on social media like players from other teams.
The club have always done things their own way throughout decades; I'm proud with Bellerin and Holdings response. It gives me pride that Arsenal were the first club to sincerely apologize.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

So pathetic and weak he called them all these traitors words spit on face etc.. 2 days ago thats why there no hope.
He only personally called out Woodward and Agnelli though. Woodward has resigned and Agnelli/Juventus still haven’t pulled out. He also made a speech aimed at English clubs yesterday so I think he’s genuine.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
He only personally called out Woodward and Agnelli though. Woodward has resigned and Agnelli/Juventus still haven’t pulled out. He also made a speech aimed at English clubs yesterday so I think he’s genuine.
I think he have no choice anyway lol. He atleast fine these club the least thing he can do.

Finesse

Listening to the naivety from the pundits and fans alike is a damning verdict of how we have completely refused to see the writing on the wall. Anyone who thinks the fans have won is in la la land ! UEFA , FIFA and the respective Domestic footballing bodies were challenged by the ESL group for who controls the purse strings. The ESL group lost and the usual suspects kept their power. These clubs are businesses and their opponents are authorised bodies. Objectives are different if you ask me. Now Fifa , UEFA and Domestic League Bodies can go on and continue milking the fans and consumers of football. None of them is better than the other. The moment we allowed big money and foreign ownership structures etc , football transitioned from fan ownership to fans as consumers of clubs owned by business men.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
I said when ESL was announced that American owners dont understand the history of the game, the importance of competition. They think fans are here to plough money in with no return. Its now clear, American owners may know business but they don't know football!
Not much would change, we're gonna see PSG, Real, Barca, Bayern every season anyway, it's just gonna be less money in football. It's tough for English clubs (for ones that don't spend 300m on fullbacks), others will be there by default anyway, but naive fans will think they've saved something.

American owners weren't any different from others in all of this, they've just built a bad reputation before the announcement. Fans may kick them out of football one day, only to end up with criminals from Russia, Africa, and Qatar.

Yousif Arsenal

Trusted ⭐
Yeah, a 'sorry' always works

My Missus came home from a week-end away with the girls on Monday morning.
She seemed a bit upset.

I sat her down and asked her what was wrong.
She said the bukkake party that they attended had got out of hand.
There were strict guidelines, and it was understood that there would be a 10 - 1 ratio of men to women.
Sadly that was a miss-print and it turned out to be 100 men to 1 woman.

I kissed her gently on the lips
"would you like a cup of tea love?"
"yes please, darling. Make it 3 sugars this time"

I trundled off to the kitchen, safe in the knowledge that she had learned her lesson and that our relationship would only get stronger

I love her so much <3
That deep my man.

Maybe

You're wrong, no?
Listening to the naivety from the pundits and fans alike is a damning verdict of how we have completely refused to see the writing on the wall. Anyone who thinks the fans have won is in la la land ! UEFA , FIFA and the respective Domestic footballing bodies were challenged by the ESL group for who controls the purse strings. The ESL group lost and the usual suspects kept their power. These clubs are businesses and their opponents are authorised bodies. Objectives are different if you ask me. Now Fifa , UEFA and Domestic League Bodies can go on and continue milking the fans and consumers of football. None of them is better than the other. The moment we allowed big money and foreign ownership structures etc , football transitioned from fan ownership to fans as consumers of clubs owned by business men.
Taking either side is wrong, supporting bureaucrats from UEFA is no better or worse than supporting "greedy clubs", they are both against football and they look at their personal interests.

I was just thinking, would rather watch every Tuesday Real/Juve (or something on that level), than PSG putting 5 against Lokomotiv.

Not gonna take long before people who were against this idea will complain about the FA, UEFA, lack of money, boring games etc. That was already happening for years on this forum

carlito'sway

Established Member
No-one opposed to the ESL is trying to make out that UEFA are the good guys though.

The core issue is corporate greed and anti competitiveness. That's an issue with UEFA / FIFA / PL, any major football club. But acknowledging those issues with the game as it stands and then pushing for the ESL which is an even more more egregious example of greed and anti competitiveness isn't the answer to any sane person.

Acknowledging these issues with the game as it stands and thinking the solution to corporate greed and a lack of fairness is to make it even more greedy and unfair, is just bizarre.

None of this is about liking or sticking up for UEFA / FIFA etc. They're knobs, they just happened to be the lesser knobs on this one particular issue.

The ESL should be consigned to the dustbin of history and we desperately need real meaningful reform of the institutions in charge of the game and club ownership etc.

No-one is happy with how the game is run at the moment. Instead of patting ourselves on the back about the ESL folding let's all club together as fans and put pressure on the decision makers in the game to enact root and branch reform.

Great comment. The idea that rejecting the SL automatically meant a full trotted support for UEFA or FIFA is ludicrous. Furthermore, as imperfect as UEFA is, to basically replace its main competition the CL by a new SL run by a cartel in simply an horrendous and awful venture.
I am delighted that this SL is DOA. Now the pressure must continue to make those organizations more democratic and transparent. They must be reformed for the good of the game.

Top Bottom