• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

European Super League

Are you in favour of the European Super League?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Iceman10

Established Member
Bitter Kopite who is jealous of City's success and keeps digs at them.
I don't think any of us should take City's side on this. It is really the financial doping of City and Chelsea, lifting them artificially rather than earning it like Arsène did that is at the heart of a lot of the issues football finds itself in today. PSG also, even though many will clap them on in the CL.

@Rex Banter - this is kind of what we need to point out also. People can criticise Arsenal, Spuds, and Liverpool for their American owners, but that doesn't mean a free pass for City or Chelsea either.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

I don't think any of us should take City's side on this. It is really the financial doping of City and Chelsea, lifting them artificially rather than earning it like Arsène did that is at the heart of a lot of the issues football finds itself in today. PSG also, even though many will clap them on in the CL.

@Rex Banter - this is kind of what we need to point out also. People can criticise Arsenal, Spuds, and Liverpool for their American owners, but that doesn't mean a free pass for City or Chsea either.

Yeah of course. Roman and the Etihad bunch destroyed the game in the first place and it’s their fault that it’s escalated to the situation we have today.

No ones better than anyone else in all this.

GoonerJay24

Rocastle told us to never forget who we are. I haven't and I never have. Wenger told us yo cherish the values of the club abd I do. If I slip up, I always reset myself. Too many of our fans want quick success at the expense of our values. Too many threw those values in the gutter when they mistreated Wenger. Too many so called legends never defend us because they're stupid but also because they don’t recognise or identify with this version of the club. AFTV and every member are a scourge. I'll say no more about them in case I say something beyond the pale but this group are largely responsible for the disrespect we attract. Many of senior players are useless. How can we expect respect when so many champion a player who threw the shirt and armband to the ground? How will we gain respect if we're a retirement home for Chelsea pensioners. The standards of the club are so low that we barely have any. I absolutely respect and largely agree with what you say but atm, it feels like being an expelled Russian noble given refuge in a bedsit in Bermondsey in 1918.

The fans are who carries the club through good and bad moments, our role is remembering and acting through our values.

Your right too many of our ex players have unfortunately sipped the 'Match of the Day cool aid' and have lost themselves. Even legends such as Henry and Viera often look up to other previous managers and their coaching styles rather than Wenger's.
AFTV are a dangerous harmful platform to us but I don't think the people on there channel are the intrinsically bad calculated type. I think DT for instance is probably a good guy deep down but has lost sight of our values and easily influenced by the media who are the ones intentionally programming Arsenal fans to disconnect from the club.

The transfer and personnel decisions like signing old Chelsea players is laughable. But that's a different issue, we as fans must relink to the values and traditions of the club, that's just as important as Kroenke leaving. The way to do this is by getting together with like-minded Arsenal fans; possibly starting a group or YouTube channel.

Iceman10

Established Member
Yeah of course. Roman and the Etihad bunch destroyed the game in the first place and it’s their fault that it’s escalated to the situation we have today.

No ones better than anyone else in all this.
If/when Dangote takes over Arsenal I will hypocritically support it, but that's what we are left with now because FFP was a farce also with big rich guys short-circuiting the system because they could bring in big sock puppet sponsorship deals.

blaze_of_glory

These guys love a free market until things start to go sour for them and suddenly it's protectionism and cartel building all around.

Clubs that have been living on the top floor of a house of cards they designed suddenly wanting to live in the clouds when the earth starts to shake under them. And pretending it's all for the greater good. **** off.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
The "Big Six" are too powerful/important to Sky and Premier League to punish in any meaningful way, tbh.

England will just be grateful to get them back.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

These guys love a free market until things start to go sour for them and suddenly it's protectionism and cartel building all around.

Clubs that have been living on the top floor of a house of cards they designed suddenly wanting to live in the clouds when the earth starts to shake under them. And pretending it's all for the greater good. **** off.

Can’t believe it’s come down to pinning all our hopes on the Tories. At least Labour’s picking it up so they can put some pressure on.

Also luckily Boris has been caught in another scandal so he needs some cheap PR as a distraction :lol:

Iceman10

Established Member
The "Big Six" are too powerful/important to Sky and Premier League to punish in any meaningful way, tbh.

England will just be grateful to get them back.
They will probably end up with a compromise that includes binding writing attempting to stop any such breakaway reattempted. It is about fans, and the Big Six have the largest global fanbases. Punishing fans for club owner actions won't work. Fans might publicly say they are ok with it but many will tune out of watching the PL if points are deducted, only hurting revenues all around.

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐

This is a very good point. Carragher's point that 'this is the owners, not the clubs' had some merit in the sense that it's not the coach, it's not the scouts, the kitman or the tea lady. But it was the owner and the board. If a club's board makes a decision at the owner's request then they are 100% responsible obviously. These owners weren't acting as private individuals, it was clubs acting so it should be clubs punished.

Also heard pundits say the clubs shouldn't be punished at all cos they're important to the PL and they have to work together, or that they shouldn't dock points cos it wasn't the players' fault. So we're just never gonna punish someone if they're rich? It's the same logic where a poor person gets a jail sentence and a rich person pays a fine for committing the same crime.

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.

I see it daily here in Brazil. Middle-class is conned by the elites to elected a so-called "economic liberal" in Bolsonaro. We need a free market!

He gets a Chicago School guy to be his Economy Ministre, they want to raise the value of the US Dollar so that commodity sellers get more money. Prices of rice and meat go up to unprecedented levels because it's more lucrative to export, than sell internally.

Middle-class goes: 😲
Elites go: 💰🤑 .

Melquiades

To be very clear, though - making your team go bankrupt or running it into the ground on the pitch is a *very* different thing than breaking a rule about negotiating for a separate competition. You can separate this in terms of ownership, but there is no possible way to separate those things.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
It might well be the owners and not the clubs but teams get docked points if they breach FFP, teams get docked points and more for match fixing etc etc.

When the owner or someone at the top does something it will always have an effect lower down.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
To be very clear, though - making your team go bankrupt or running it into the ground on the pitch is a *very* different thing than breaking a rule about negotiating for a separate competition. You can separate this in terms of ownership, but there is no possible way to separate those things.

The point of the tweet, in every other situation when the owners make bad decisions the team get punished, why is this different? In all cases it is never the fans fault, nor the players, so why is this instance different?
The owners broke the rules of teh FA, therefor the club should be punished.

Camron

Photoshop King
Trusted ⭐

Player:Martinelli

C15-E1874-ACF8-4-F85-BD76-F93-F8542-F7-BA.jpg

Beksl

Sell All The Youngsters
I see it daily here in Brazil. Middle-class is conned by the elites to elected a so-called "economic liberal" in Bolsonaro. We need a free market!

He gets a Chicago School guy to be his Economy Ministre, they want to raise the value of the US Dollar so that commodity sellers get more money. Prices of rice and meat go up to unprecedented levels because it's more lucrative to export, than sell internally.

Middle-class goes: 😲
Elites go: 💰🤑 .

Do you know Glen Greenwald? He opened my eyes about the scope of Bolsonaro's corruptnes. How he manipulated your legal system through Sergio Moro so he could discredit his main political rival Lula da Silva and consequently win the election.

Were those revelations highly publicised in Brazil or was everything just quickly swept under the rug?

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
I'm not saying Kroenke isn't much worse than the previous lot because he is, but the double barrelled toff crew prior to him didn't have a lot of respect for the average fan either, in their own way.

We talk about Arsenal values, but what actually are they and how have we seen them put into practice over the past 30 odd years? I think we'd struggle to properly answer that as fans.

When people talk about Arsenal values, they mean Arsène values I feel.

El Duderino

Do you know Glen Greenwald? He opened my eyes about the scope of Bolsonaro's corruptnes. How he manipulated your legal system through Sergio Moro so he could discredit his main political rival Lula da Silva and consequently win the election.

Were those revelations highly publicised in Brazil or was everything just quickly swept under the rug?

Yeah, I know of him. I don't really like Glenn, he's seen as a saint here by the left because he helped bring Moro's Hero of the Republic facade down... But Greenwald is kinda of a **** to other people.

Personally, I think Moro got everything he deserved. Dude made his bed, thought Bolsonaro would keep his word that he would have carte blanche to do with the Justice Department what he felt was necessary, and then got shafted by Bolsonaro like all his other allies-turned-enemies. Just like in Italy, where a judge helped bring down the mob, it all came crashing down when the judge decides to go into politics. If you asked me if I think Lula is innocent or didn't know of the rampart corruption happening during his goverment, I'll tell you that I don't think that's at all possible.

But if you ask me if it's correct to void his convictions because the Judge presiding over his case was colluding with the DA's office, than I'll have to say yes, because you can't have that happening.

Ironic, since Moro aledgelly studied and based his Operation Car Wash stuff based on it. Seems he skipped the most important lesson.

El Duderino

I'm not saying Kroenke isn't much worse than the previous lot because he is, but the double barrelled toff crew prior to him didn't have a lot of respect for the average fan either, in their own way.

We talk about Arsenal values, but what actually are they and how have we seen them put into practice over the past 30 odd years? I think we'd struggle to properly answer that as fans.

When people talk about Arsenal values, they mean Arsène values I feel.

Thank you for your interests in our affairs.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom