• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

PL: Arsenal v Everton | Friday, April 23 | 20:00 BST | Sky Sports

Match Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rex Stone

Long live the fighters
Trusted ⭐

Got an excuse to cheer against Mikel the dosser now thanks to the ESL.

For the good of the game.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
I love Eddie but looks like he doesn't have his future here.
Please start Martinelli or Balogun as striker.
It would be the smart, progressive thing to do but Mikel will play Eddie because experience (albeit to a very marginal extent in comparison). I'm fine seeing Eddie play personally but in the grand scheme, his value has already been lowered more than it should have been, the best we can do is use these games as an incentive for the likes of Martinelli and Balogun to prove they can carry the line next season. IMO Nketiah will be leaving as things stand, I don't see him signing a deal and he's still a wanted player by some teams owing to his record at U21 level and the fact that he's always going to score goals if you give him the chances. Now would be a time to give one of the others a go.

Either way, it does not bother me. I like Eddie and I think he's a better player than given credit. That said, I think he's leaving so it makes more sense to trial one of the players who will actually be here next season.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
Injuries before Villareal are unforgivable here. Ideally we'd plan to give some of Saka, Partey, Xhaka, and ESR around 60 mins, but given the likelihood of Arteta making an early sub they should probably all be on the bench together with Holding and preferred LCB.

Leno/Ryan
Bellerin, Chambers, Gabriel/Mari, Cedric
Elneny, Ceballos
Pepe, Willian, Martinelli
Nketiah
As bad as this lineup is, I see Arteta doing it.

boonthegoon

Arteta In by November

Player:Smith-Rowe
I seriously don't mind willian starting this game. Any more injuries before Villarreal, we are ****ed.

Vicki

Ezh6kHkXsAYQi3U

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
While the cup hardly overfloweth with sympathy, I do have a bit for Arteta and the squad. I mean they weren't very popular among fans before the super league debacle, they have the huge psychological pressure of having 3 must win games to get into Europe or they've massively failed, whatever they say in public they 100% feel that pressure. They now have to deal with that while distracted by a fan base seething at the board and the owners. It's not ideal.

amigo

It would be the smart, progressive thing to do but Mikel will play Eddie because experience (albeit to a very marginal extent in comparison). I'm fine seeing Eddie play personally but in the grand scheme, his value has already been lowered more than it should have been, the best we can do is use these games as an incentive for the likes of Martinelli and Balogun to prove they can carry the line next season. IMO Nketiah will be leaving as things stand, I don't see him signing a deal and he's still a wanted player by some teams owing to his record at U21 level and the fact that he's always going to score goals if you give him the chances. Now would be a time to give one of the others a go.

Either way, it does not bother me. I like Eddie and I think he's a better player than given credit. That said, I think he's leaving so it makes more sense to trial one of the players who will actually be here next season.
Eddie with mobile runners around him like Saka, ESL, playing to his strengths where he can move into those penalty box positions is a more potent force than we give him credit for. However if we play like we did at the beginning of the season and expect to be a lone target man up front that won't work. It's all about the system. I too would like to see Balogun as well, what do we have to lose. I'd play one either half to get the most energy out of both of them. At this stage we can be creative.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Everton will be so pumped for this game, without our goal scorers it’s all on Saka again sadly.

ArtetaOut

Everton will be extra motivated to beat us in the name of football justice. I am foreseeing Cone Boy getting his a*** spanked hard here

mirrorstare

Just want to see Balogun against a PL team and see what's up with the guy now that he renewed

For the rest everyone has clearly other concerns in mind so I'm not expecting any great stuff here

Yousif Arsenal

On Vinai's payroll & misses 4th place trophy 🏆
Trusted ⭐
Odergaard and Luiz seem to both back to training. Hopefully Luiz will be ready for EL game

amigo

• Arsenal have never lost in nine previous Premier League games played on Fridays (W7 D2), the most a team has played on a specific day of the week without ever losing. These games have produced 42 goals in total (4.7 per game), with the Gunners scoring 28 and conceding 14. (According to Sky Sports)

asukru

Established Member

Player:Martinelli

From the Azerbaijan Arsenal Supporters club (I followed them before going to Baku).

No ideas what‘s being said but it looks pretty accurate...

LMFAO I will try and give a little insight as my Turkish isn't the best but I can understand most of it

UEFA: do you think you are speaking with kids?
Madrid: No, does it look like I am speaking to England and France
UEFA: What the hell are you saying?
Madrid: What the hell are you saying?
UEFA: WHAT ARE YOU SAYINGS SON?
Barca: WHAT ARE YOU SAYING SON?
United: YOUR NOT GOING TO DO THIS SON?
Barca: You saw us like this and thought we were weak?!?
United: We have a lot of backing under us son!
UEFA: Come on, clean it up, let's go!
All teams to Barca: this guy is a ***** for real
Arsenal: I am not from this world, please let me go, have you lost your mind?!?

LOL hope this helps you understand it a bit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom