• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

AST Forum With Josh Kroenke (16:30 BST)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Raul was shady as hell but the intention was right. Finally replace Dein with another man who can get things done. Sadly, Raul lacked Dein's integrity. I wonder how Kroenke made any money when Raul fleeced him so easily. They just can't find the right people.

He married heiress Anne Waton, daughter of Walmart founder Bud Walton, that's how. He founded his first real estate company after they married. Guess what they developed? Plazas most of which near Walmart locations.

Does that answer the question?

Rimaal

Mesmerised By Raccoons
Trusted ⭐
Josh Kroenke is the son of a billionaire, of course he’s out of touch.

Do think if he was off his Dad’s leash though he’d at least want us to be competitive.

Really? The man who attended an Arsenal training session in a Rams jersey?

Ezk0dy5WEAcL5gb.jpg

And the spineless fools standing next to him didn't have the guts to suggest that it might be better for PR if he switched shirts.

Riou

In The Winchester, Waiting For This To Blow Over

Player:Gabriel
Raul ended up taking alot of money out of Arsenal...but hey, he also took alot of money from Stan, if you want to look at it that way.

An anti-hero, if there ever was one!

Sanchez11

Nobody Is Coming!

They need to understand in football you need to invest financially and invest in the right people.

Squillaci

He married heiress Anne Waton, daughter of Walmart founder Bud Walton, that's how. He founded his first real estate company after they married. Guess what they developed? Plazas most of which near Walmart locations.

She obviously didn't mean how he became rich, but how did he make any money being owner of Arsenal during that time, as Raul was taking money left and right.

Rasmi

Negative Nancy

What lies! From what we've heard in the past few days the project has been in the works for at least 2 years.
A lot of media saying united, Liverpool, jive and real were the main guys pushing it and the others went along. City was never convinced and the others are blaming them for ruining it.

Malky

Established Member
Sad thing is, with our fanbase, Kroenke will “ invest “ in a our budget to get us a player or two in the summer and some will start signing their praises and calling this an “ eye opener “ or a “ learning experience “ or some **** and give them some forgiveness. We’re stuck with this lot.

Artisan

Not Emery's Old Pal
Look at the differences between how Liverpool, City, Chelsea, United and even Tottenham have been run by their owners.

Now look at Arsenal.

Not even talking about money being put in here, just people being actively participating on how their clubs are run to give them the best platform for success.

Now look at Arsenal.
City and Chelsea are pet project for crooks to politically wash their reputation so I don't really think you can compare.

Glazers are worse than the Kroenke's, they were just lucky they had the greatest manager in the game to oversee their club.

Levy is a joke, they missed out on top four because he ****ed the Moutinho deal almost literally at the last second on deadline day. If that had happened at Arsenal no one here would ever let it go. He only got lucky finally after couple of decades appointing a good manager.

FSG is the best of the lot, but even there how a team that reached consecutive CL finals and won one of them went on to spend almost 0 in the market is unbelievable.

Kroenke's biggest crime is that they appointed an idiot or two in charge and let them do whatever they want for far too long. After Gazidis 10 years of doing nothing, at least they got rid of Raul quickly. So maybe they learned, but this Arteta affair does make me question that.

I agree it's ultimately their responsibility as owners to appoint the right personnel and the failure of their appointments reflects on them. But at the same time, on the offchance we do finally hire someone competent, I rather have owners that let them get on with it without interfering unlike a lot of these other billionaires.

Trilly

Hates A-M, Saka, Arteta and You
Trusted ⭐

Ya’ll are so miserable. Lighten up people.

Seems like there isn’t anything Josh could have said that would have made any of you happy. 😂

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger

If the gender roles were reversed I don't want to think of the names people would call Anne.

Yet Stan is considered a smart, savvy businessman. For a system that doesn't like giving out handouts and helping the lower classes make a living, once you get that kind of money it's impossible to fail unless you piss off the right people.

These societal parasites MADE money during a global pandemic when everything was shut down.

Riou

Seems like there isn’t anything Josh could have said that would have made any of you happy. 😂

Think people are just unhappy the Super League didn't take off in the end...

Iceman10

Established Member

There isn't. Avoid the battered spouse cycle. Don't forgive a pattern of past behaviour just because they offer some trinkets and appeasement only when they come under scrutiny. We know who they are based on this failed ESL attempt. Happy to be light though, just not when it comes to them.

Tosker

Does Not Hate Foreigners
Sad thing is, with our fanbase, Kroenke will “ invest “ in a our budget to get us a player or two in the summer and some will start signing their praises and calling this an “ eye opener “ or a “ learning experience “ or some **** and give them some forgiveness. We’re stuck with this lot.
if we're stuck with them then it is all the more important that the men who actually run the club are the right ones for the job

instead of futile chants of Kroenke Out it would be surely better to start lobbying to get X,Y or Z in

I offer no names as I have no idea who X,Y or Z might be, but for a start someone with integrity and enough clout to be independent of the Kroenkes

Riou

Really? The man who attended an Arsenal training session in a Rams jersey?

Ezk0dy5WEAcL5gb.jpg

And the spineless fools standing next to him didn't have the guts to suggest that it might be better for PR if he switched shirts.

@dashsnow17 since you have moved on from Josh, what about Edu?

Good looking guy, think he could treat you right!

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
F: Josh, you mentioned about class and tradition, and cited self sustaining model. Clearly the self sustaining model isn't working. When are you going to admit that it isn't working and when are you going to start investing substantial funds into Arsenal Football Club? If you don't want to, when do you want to sell.

JK: I think that question is a very interesting one. We're always willing to provide resources for Arsenal Football Club, as we have supported the club the last several years. I think the question you're asking also resides in a much larger question about football. If you're always going to be recruiting the next person to pump tens and hundreds of millions into a club that is not a sustainable operation across Europe anywhere. For us, I think we're not afraid to be aggressive at different points in time. Hopefully you've noticed over the last few transfer windows we have been more aggressive.
--

--
What does he mean by this? When have they been aggressive?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom