• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

The Under-18s Thread

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Graczyk (03)

Oyegoke (03)
Norton-Cuffy (04)
Monlouis (03)
Awe (04)

Patino (03)
Henry-Francis (03)
Hutchinson (03)

All played for England at youth level and all have a good chance. Hopefully Azeez and Balogun break into the first team squad next season.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
he just throws the poor kid. :lol::lol:
10 mins after being on the field he pretty much gave up getting past him. Apparently Norton-Cuffy had a knock so hopefully he's fine after this but just shows what a brick the lad is. Think he probably edges Oyegoke at this point, as much as I really like the latter. What a time to have both.

Ogungbo was pretty impressive at LB aswell - he's a CB normally but I like him in this LB role, and given we have literally nobody except Lopez (who I have huge doubts about), this is a role for him potentially. He's a big lad for a LB too.

Monlouis was also impressive I thought.

Afro Mugo

What a game that was yesterday and for those wondering ; Yes, Norton-Cuffy was at Chelsea though for like a year aged 8 but that's the case for London talents there's always a merry -go- round . It says slot that 6 of those starters + all subs are still eligible next year despite missing Bandeira and Patino. Without Chelsea and City this is a big chance as much as I have little faith in Gilliard.

avenellroad

John Radford’s son
There was an interview with Norton Cuffy on YouTube (think it should still be on there), where you get a sense of how focused and determined he is to make it here. Felt very different to normal youth player interviews - this was a player who had supreme confidence in his ability and backed himself completely. Very rare to find that level of self belief in players at his age.

A space is there for him to make that RB position his own in a few years time.

Big Poppa

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Player:Saliba
10 mins after being on the field he pretty much gave up getting past him. Apparently Norton-Cuffy had a knock so hopefully he's fine after this but just shows what a brick the lad is. Think he probably edges Oyegoke at this point, as much as I really like the latter. What a time to have both.

Ogungbo was pretty impressive at LB aswell - he's a CB normally but I like him in this LB role, and given we have literally nobody except Lopez (who I have huge doubts about), this is a role for him potentially. He's a big lad for a LB too.

Monlouis was also impressive I thought.

He was excellent. As were Flores, Miguel and Hutchinson. Full game is up on West Ham’s YouTube for those who missed it:

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

Getting ahead of myself probably, but with Oyegoke (18) and Norton-Cuffy (17) looking like top RB prospects is there a chance they get pre-season with the first team? Anything can happen from there.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
How tall is Norton-Cuffy? Could turn out to be one of the tallest in his position
At a guess, I'd say at least 6'1. He's a solidly built player, as is Dan Oyegoke - a very similar RB albeit slightly more attacking (ironically he plays CB under Steve Bould). He's not quite Dan Burn :lol: but he's a big lad for a full-back.

Ogungbo is pretty big for an LB too, 6'1 at least aswell. This might be one of the tallest back lines we've had at Arsenal for a minute. All big lads, with Zach Awe arguably being the biggest at 6'4. Taylor Foran is pretty big too. Even the ones on loan - Ballard and McGuinness are 6'2 and 6'4 respectively. Zech Medley is 6'5.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
Flores’ goal was an absolute beauty. Glad he’s slowly getting back to where he was pre-injury.
On his weak foot aswell. He'll be of interest next season for sure, as I think he will probably stay with the U18s initially.

Good win yesterday against Chelsea. Building momentum and if they can get past Liverpool in the cup they can go on and win it.
Liverpool are going to be the biggest test for the kids this season. They've been on fantastic form, smashed Leicester easily in the Cup aswell. Will need a big performance, particularly from our defence.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

@MutableEarth

What first year scholars do you see NOT getting a pro deal, 6/16 from last years intake have already got one:

Norton-Cuffy, Monlouis, Awe, Patino, Hutchinson, Flores.

Last edited:

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
@MutableEarth

What first year scholars do you see NOT getting a pro deal, 6/16 from last years intake have already got one:

Norton-Cuffy, Monlouis, Awe, Patino, Hutchinson, Flores.
Not sure but some of the ones on the fringes look vulnerable. Henry-Francis seems to have usurped the likes of Sweet, so I can see Sweet not getting a deal. Sagoe Jnr hasn't gotten much of a look in despite how promising he has looked in the short clips I've seen of him. Likes of Cozier-Duberry look likely to break into U18 contention more than Sagoe Jnr and that might make things difficult. Could also see Foran getting let go strangely enough, even though he's been highly rated for a while, but that could be a Ballard situation where he fights his way into contention. I think Vigar won't get a deal

Also, I'm a big fan of Bandeira but I wouldn't be surprised if they were late to offering him a deal and he ended up leaving.

The thing is, individually this is such a strong intake that the vast majority could also end up getting deals.

Geofranco

Would let Saka date his daughter

Player:Saka
Not sure but some of the ones on the fringes look vulnerable. Henry-Francis seems to have usurped the likes of Sweet, so I can see Sweet not getting a deal. Sagoe Jnr hasn't gotten much of a look in despite how promising he has looked in the short clips I've seen of him. Likes of Cozier-Duberry look likely to break into U18 contention more than Sagoe Jnr and that might make things difficult. Could also see Foran getting let go strangely enough, even though he's been highly rated for a while, but that could be a Ballard situation where he fights his way into contention. I think Vigar won't get a deal

Also, I'm a big fan of Bandeira but I wouldn't be surprised if they were late to offering him a deal and he ended up leaving.

The thing is, individually this is such a strong intake that the vast majority could also end up getting deals.

Bandeira just has too many injuries already for such a young player. very concerning. The same issues Trae Coyle faced. I think Sagoe Jnr wasn't getting much time cause he is not as physically developed as his peers. He might be a late bloomer like Joe Willock.

MutableEarth

Reiss' Dad
Trusted ⭐
A very young U18s team has taken the lead against Leicester City U18s in the 2nd half. Amani Richards (!) got his first goal for Arsenal. Big moment for the kid after joining from Chelsea. He looks quite talented, has a good build and good technique from what I've seen. Interested to see the highlights.

Hunta

Established Member
Trusted ⭐

A very young U18s team has taken the lead against Leicester City U18s in the 2nd half. Amani Richards (!) got his first goal for Arsenal. Big moment for the kid after joining from Chelsea. He looks quite talented, has a good build and good technique from what I've seen. Interested to see the highlights.
Southampton bottom of the u23 and u18 leagues, crazy.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom