• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

RunTheTrap

Kai Havertz Offense League
It's funny, Arsenal and Liverpool are essentially owned in the same way. The only difference is Liverpool spent very well and got Klopp. Arsenal stuck with Wenger whilst klopp was available, got Emery and spent on flops.
Exactly. KSE have foolishly surrounded themselves with guys with no experience in their chosen fields compared to Liverpool.

Head Coach
Mikel Arteta vs Jurgen Klopp. No comparison. Klopp has been coaching for 2 decades now and the vastly superior coach. Arteta has just completed year one.

Sporting Director
Edu vs Michael Edwards. The Brazilian has some experience back in his home country and has worked for the national team but he has zero experience in the European market. Edwards has spent time at Portsmouth, Sp**s and Liverpool with varying levels of success. He really made his name at his latest job though bringing in powerhouses like Mane, Salah, Robertson etc.

CEO
Vinai vs Peter Moore. I don't really know too much about these guys off my head but what I do know is that Vinai is surprisingly young at this role compared to the many other CEOs. As for Moore, he's 65 years old and he won the PL CEO of the year award in 2019.

You can see that the big three components in a well run club severely lacks to what we should aspire.

Beany

ITK
Trusted ⭐

Ek is worth more than John W Henry and as about as much as the Glazers, for that matter, of course this is all just on paper - as others have pointed out and excluding City, club ownership has in recent years been all about effectively leveraging debt and in Roman’s case and to some extent, purchasing legitimacy and political safety. I am also sure that Ek has the experience in and see angles/ways to commercially exploit Arsenal and wider football‘s brands and broadcasting rights,

dashsnow17

Doesn’t Rate Any Of Our Attackers
Trusted ⭐
No, they wont. They have never invested in the club before and will certainly not start now.

Right yeah, when I say invest I don't mean with their own money of course :lol: I mean they'll just try to spend more money, probably putting debt on the club. Pretty sure that's how the Partey deal was done.

TimoJens

Formerly known as highbury_2006
That was true up till last year.

When i talk about investment i talk about Kroenke taking his own money to finance a transfer deal. Thats not what happened concerning Partey. The debt refinancing and the clubs overdraft facility made that deal happen. Can it be seen as investment? Sure but not the kind of investment i talk about.

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
When i talk about investment i talk about Kroenke taking his own money to finance a transfer deal. Thats not what happened concerning Partey. The debt refinancing and the clubs overdraft facility made that deal happen. Can it be seen as investment? Sure but not the kind of investment i talk about.
Preaching to the choir here on that now I never wanted Kroenke as owner. Usmanov was the only shareholder who was willing to invest equity into the club. Kroenke has been a useless owner at best. Still though the fact that he was willing to underwrite the Partey deal is a sign of life. If we can’t get new owners in who will invest in the club then it might be our only hope.

GoonerJay24

Absolutely spot on. It's embarrassing that when they say Kroenke doesn't care they actually mean Kroenke doesn't waste his money on us. What that translates into is "We want to be another Chelsea". **** off, we don't want to be another Chelsea.

Sure he deserved criticism for the ESL nonsense, but the main criticism of his ownership is just weak. Staying out of the way when you know nothing about the domain area (football) is a good decision, looking for self sustainability is a good decision that lines up with the values of the club.

I would have a lot more sympathy with these Kroenke protests if Arteta, the main cause of our decline, wasn't getting so much support from the fanbase. If that was the case the fans reasoning would be a very coherent "We're **** because you don't sack Arteta and look how we've declined". But instead you have this tragicomic line of reasoning "We're **** because you don't want to invest a lot of money for the guy that has the club in the worst league position in decades to build a new team from scratch". If I was Kroenke I would ignore the idiots too.
Amen my brother!

Most Arsenal fans are lost and have no regard for the club's values. I'd rather be perennially midtable than be like Chelse, City and worst of all that despicable club Man Utd.

This is why the true Arsenal fans must mobilize and condemn platforms like AFTV.

Ultimately Kroenke still should leave after that whole superleague business, but I've never had the impression that he and his son do not care about the club. As the poster above asked, what makes an owner bad?

Penn_

Established Member
Trusted ⭐
Absolutely spot on. It's embarrassing that when they say Kroenke doesn't care they actually mean Kroenke doesn't waste his money on us. What that translates into is "We want to be another Chelsea". **** off, we don't want to be another Chelsea.

Sure he deserved criticism for the ESL nonsense, but the main criticism of his ownership is just weak. Staying out of the way when you know nothing about the domain area (football) is a good decision, looking for self sustainability is a good decision that lines up with the values of the club.

I would have a lot more sympathy with these Kroenke protests if Arteta, the main cause of our decline, wasn't getting so much support from the fanbase. If that was the case the fans reasoning would be a very coherent "We're **** because you don't sack Arteta and look how we've declined". But instead you have this tragicomic line of reasoning "We're **** because you don't want to invest a lot of money for the guy that has the club in the worst league position in decades to build a new team from scratch". If I was Kroenke I would ignore the idiots too.

You’re aware that previous guys like Fiszman invested in us right? Wanting a small amount of investment to take us up another level is not ‘becoming another Chelsea’.

Let's play Aubamawang

Unpopular opinion: I would rather stick with the Kroenke's than go with this guy but let me caveat that statement, it has to be the Kroenke's with the RIGHT people. The worst sin the Kroenke's have committed have been putting their faith into the wrong people. They have been taken for a ride by charlatans and opportunists and they have no real knowledge of the European market or footballing culture. If in the summer the Kroenkes were to hire a Monchi or a Luis Campos to oversee the club on their behalf, would we see that as a move to the right direction?

However, they do have experience in running major sport enterprises unlike Ek. I am cautious as to why now Ek has seemingly decided to let his interest known to the public, especially when we're in the midst of a big European tie. This could feel like a big distraction on the players. And obviously, getting the Invincibles to join your 'benevolent' cause seems like a cheap pull on the heart strings to garner more fans and cause ire towards the Kroenkes. I mean come on the timing couldn't be any better and he first showed his interest by a tweet. Seems calculated to me; I'm not sold yet. If I had a couple billions spare I would try to buy Arsenal too but questions have to be asked such as "what are you going to do differently?"
They may have experience of owning sports franchises, but they haven't exactly set the world on fire. Their hockey team is nothing special, the MLS team is crap, we are getting further down the table with each passing season, and the other jewel in their crown, LA Rams finally manage winning records thanks to their coach but have had major salary cap issues, and didn't even win when they actually made it to the Superbowl.

Wiltord's left boot

Amen my brother!

Most Arsenal fans are lost and have no regard for the club's values. I'd rather be perennially midtable than be like Chelse, City and worst of all that despicable club Man Utd.

This is why the true Arsenal fans must mobilize and condemn platforms like AFTV.

Ultimately Kroenke still should leave after that whole superleague business, but I've never had the impression that he and his son do not care about the club. As the poster above asked, what makes an owner bad?

How about constantly appointing bad people who let players run their contracts down to leave on a free transfer, or even having to pay that player 90% of his wages while he's at another club. Or appointing people who constantly sign the wrong player. Or appointing a manager with no experience.

Being a good owner goes beyond just splashing cash. Look at Leicester now and Liverpool during their rebuild.

tap-in

Nothing Wrong With Me
Unpopular opinion: I would rather stick with the Kroenke's than go with this guy but let me caveat that statement, it has to be the Kroenke's with the RIGHT people. The worst sin the Kroenke's have committed have been putting their faith into the wrong people. They have been taken for a ride by charlatans and opportunists and they have no real knowledge of the European market or footballing culture. If in the summer the Kroenkes were to hire a Monchi or a Luis Campos to oversee the club on their behalf, would we see that as a move to the right direction?

However, they do have experience in running major sport enterprises unlike Ek. I am cautious as to why now Ek has seemingly decided to let his interest known to the public, especially when we're in the midst of a big European tie. This could feel like a big distraction on the players. And obviously, getting the Invincibles to join your 'benevolent' cause seems like a cheap pull on the heart strings to garner more fans and cause ire towards the Kroenkes. I mean come on the timing couldn't be any better and he first showed his interest by a tweet. Seems calculated to me; I'm not sold yet. If I had a couple billions spare I would try to buy Arsenal too but questions have to be asked such as "what are you going to do differently?"

But the biggest issue with the Kroenkes, apart from showing no interest in the game, is they are clueless when it comes to hiring. Why havn't they approached Wenger as D of F? Every appointment they have made, including managers, has been a failure. We've had money to spend, that is not the biggest issue, its how we spend it and how the team plays.

EK is a football fan, an Arsenal fan. He has looked to purchase clubs before. The timing of this is due to the clubs attempt to join the ESL, nothing to do with us playing in EL this Thursday. I'm not saying his attempt to buy will be successful but I think it is genuine.

GoonerJay24

How about constantly appointing bad people who let players run their contracts down to leave on a free transfer, or even having to pay that player 90% of his wages while he's at another club. Or appointing people who constantly sign the wrong player. Or appointing a manager with no experience.

Being a good owner goes beyond just splashing cash. Look at Leicester now and Liverpool during their rebuild.
I agree the people running the club have made a mess of things especially since Wenger left.

I guess one of my main criticisms towards these Kroenkes is their limited footballing understanding; without this they cannot strategically hire the right people to make good decisions pertained to contracts, academies and transfers.

Its clear Wenger papered over many cracks during his last decade here.

freeglennhelder2

Established Member

Player:Elneny
This has got about as much legs as the ESL story, makes a refreshing change from the annual Aliko Dangote rumours I suppose.

Can’t see how we can possibly trust a new owner that presides over a streaming platform that does not contain “Stay” by The Controllers.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Exactly. KSE have foolishly surrounded themselves with guys with no experience in their chosen fields compared to Liverpool.

Head Coach
Mikel Arteta vs Jurgen Klopp. No comparison. Klopp has been coaching for 2 decades now and the vastly superior coach. Arteta has just completed year one.

Sporting Director
Edu vs Michael Edwards. The Brazilian has some experience back in his home country and has worked for the national team but he has zero experience in the European market. Edwards has spent time at Portsmouth, Sp**s and Liverpool with varying levels of success. He really made his name at his latest job though bringing in powerhouses like Mane, Salah, Robertson etc.

CEO
Vinai vs Peter Moore. I don't really know too much about these guys off my head but what I do know is that Vinai is surprisingly young at this role compared to the many other CEOs. As for Moore, he's 65 years old and he won the PL CEO of the year award in 2019.

You can see that the big three components in a well run club severely lacks to what we should aspire.

Yes both Edu and Arteta are very much "lets wait and see" opposed to guarantees they'll do things well.

Arsenal Quotes

When we won the league at Tottenham, they came back 2-2 in the last-minute of the game, and they're celebrating - because they're happy to draw against us, obviously. And I remember saying to Mauricio Tarricco who injured himself celebrating in front of me: "Do you realise we only need a point to be Champions?" And he was utterly shocked. So I said "Yes. Now watch as we're going to celebrate on your pitch. Bye bye!"

Thierry Henry

Latest posts

Top Bottom