• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Daniel Ek

Is The KroenkeOut 🛩️ going to work?

• Yes

Votes: 44 25.0%
  • No

Votes: 69 39.2%
  • Don’t know Jeff

Votes: 63 35.8%

• Total voters

El Duderino

That's, like, your opinion, man.
You're repeatedly missing the entire point.

I'm not saying in any shape or form that Emery was a fantastic manager. I'm not saying in the slightest that he shouldn't have been sacked, in fact I've stated the exact opposite that he SHOULD have been sacked without doubt. What I'm arguing is anyone that doesn't like Emery, if anyone was not pleased with the results/performances that Emery presided over THEN THEY HAVE TO BE CONSISTENT AND ALL DO THE SAME FOR ARTETA. I literally said that in my opening reply here:

Because as I've systematically proven, as objective reality attests to, Emery did better than Arteta is currently doing. This isn't about making Emery's tenure at Arsenal seem like an A+, not even close. If you want to class Emery's time here as an F then go ahead I've got no problems with that, but point is if Emery is a F then Arteta is below that at a U.

Emery managed 18 PL games that season and left us 8th had a lose % in the league of 17% and a PPG of 1.38. As I said above and as I've said in numerous past posts on this forum that you can check if you want, EMERY DESERVED TO BE SACKED for that record. It's simply wasn't good enough. And that despite him having a decent full season in charge prior to that.

Arteta currently after 33 PL this season has us 10th with a lose % of 40% in the league a PPG of 1.39. It's just as bad, if not arguably worse. Ergo he should be subjected to the same critique Emery. That's the point here.

xPts models had Liverpool last season,(the PL champions at a canter without a shadow of doubt, earliest team to the win the title and the biggest margin between 1st and 2nd when they did it, and anyone that disagrees is a massive spacker) as should have finished distant 2nd less, than a point above Lampards dreadful, dreadful Chelsea side.....

A model is limited by the imperfect, subjective, human defined starting parameters that are used to construct it. These vary from model to model and none are even close to being remotely "fact". Within with a single model itself you'll see variations season on season, if for a particular season a certain xPts model was widely incorrect in it's predications it will be tweaked the following season and thus vary greatly. This is exactly the same way all type of predicative models work, political polling models have a FAAAR greater amount of resources and academia behind them and yet they are still continually wrong and tweaked.

We won just 2 away games (one coming in the dead rubber last game of the season against a relegated Huddersfield) across 4 different competition throughout entirety of the new year that season. What on earth are you even talking about. This is beyond desperate now.

3 different models giving 3 different statistical outputs. You have no idea was "objectivity" means in the slightest.

You've literally just buried yourself with that statement.

According to he model YOU'RE using to making these claims, West Ham are outperforming their xPts by 5.43 points. You've just deemed that a big enough overperformance to warrant calling them a "form team". But the likes of Leicester and Everton, two teams you're using a proof of the strength of the league this season compared to Emery's are actually outperforming their xPts by 7.93 and 7.94 respectively. So by YOUR OWN standard, Leicester and Everton are bigger "form teams" than West Ham, so again by YOUR OWN standards that's 3 teams that must to be classed as "form teams".

So even by your own ignorant rational that leaves just Leeds and Villa as "new" competition this season compared to Wolves and Sp**s that Emery was competing with in his 1st season...Oooooh such a strong league....

Honestly and genuinely seek help. It's not healthy.

Klopp in 2017/18 when Liverpool finished 4th had an xPts of 79.83
Klopp in 2019/20 when Liverpool won PL they had an xPts of 74.43

So by your outstanding logic here Klopp actually took the club backwards despite winning the PL. What a failure.....

This is why your precious xPts is in the bin now and forever. You keep desperately clinging on to it for validation of your views but it just keeps refuting you.

Emery got 7 more points that Wenger got in his last season, not 1.
He finished a place higher as well
He narrowed the gap to 4th from 12 in Wenger's last season to just a 1 point under him
He also went 1 better and made it to the final of the EL

If all that is classed as taking the bar and burying it even further in the soil then what is the following by Arteta classed as:

3 places lower than Wenger achieved. 4 places lower than Emery
11 points bigger gap between top 4 than what Emery achived.
1.44 PPG compared to 1.84 in Emery's season and 1.66 in Wenger's season
1.35 GPG (goals per game) compared Emery's 1.92 and Wenger's 1.94

Because you've got no rebuttal, next time pipe down instead of drawing attention to you inadequacies.

You cited TWO games against Southampton and Watford where he got massively outshot that occurred during the worst and ending portion of Emery's tenure and yet wanted to "take away the 1st 14 games of the season" for Arteta this season....
70955.gif

Anyway, In the PL in terms of shots conceded:

Emery in his 1st season:

Shots conceded per game: 13
Shots per goal: 0.09
goals per shot on target: 0.24
distance of shots allowed: 17.7

Arteta this season:

Shots conceded per game: 11
Shots per goal: 0.08
goals per shot on target: 0.27
distance of shots allowed: 17.4

They are remarkably similar.

Emery has a better with % throughout his entire career than Arteta currently has with us. Even in just his last two jobs, us and currently Villarreal he has a better win % then what Arteta has.

Yes you did lol. You took them away to make the xPts "bigger", you even said as much:

Where? Because once did you mention that at all in the paragraph you made about those ignoring those 14 games.

Factoring in the entire season, prior to and including the semi-final EFL defeat by City our record was:

12 W 2D 9L

I agree we had a good spell between Christmas starting with the win over Chelsea and stretching to the Southampton away PL game towards the end of January where our record was:

6 W 1D 1L

But since then our record has been

8W 6D 7L

So we basically had a purple patch in the middle and now we've more or less reverted back to our early season form.

Maybe if Arteta had not comically and amateurishly urged a clearly injured player to rush back on to the field then maybe we'd be seeing the best out of Partey. I can only imagine the grief you'd be giving Emery if he did that....

Midtable finish last season, another midtable finish this season, unequivocal relegation tier form that would have gotten almost any manager in world football sacked etc.. Yeah critiques of Arteta are being kneejerk...

Bryan Cranston Mic Drop GIF

squallman

Still Pining for Wenger
So let me see if I have this straight... Kroenke bought the club at an undervalued price. He never put a cent of his own money in, took us to hell in a hand basket (fired our greatest manager, dropped out of the CL under his watch, the squad is a mess and we're mid table).

Now he might sell the club for an immense profit or hold it and either get ESL money or money from increased tv revenue and commercial deals. Does that about sum it up?

1620134580040.jpeg

bingobob

A-M’s Resident Hunskelper
Trusted ⭐

Football shouldnt be a business where the owner wants to make money. If they want to make money they are in the wrong game. Football is about passion, rivals, competition. That's what you buy in for. If we can't get someone to buy in for that we may as well stick with the devil we know.

Iceman10

Established Member
Football shouldnt be a business where the owner wants to make money. If they want to make money they are in the wrong game. Football is about passion, rivals, competition. That's what you buy in for. If we can't get someone to buy in for that we may as well stick with the devil we know.
Not Kroenke. It's not just about money. It is lack of attention and caring for day to day running of the club, with awful hires that are actually wasting our resources and assets, a significant part of which is of course from expenditure by fans of the club. Kroenke's obviously have been more occupied with attempting the ESL breakaway, which was about their financial interests, not sporting passion.

mirrorstare

So let me see if I have this straight... Kroenke bought the club at an undervalued price. He never put a cent of his own money in, took us to hell in a hand basket (fired our greatest manager, dropped out of the CL under his watch, the squad is a mess and we're mid table).

Now he might sell the club for an immense profit or hold it and either get ESL money or money from increased tv revenue and commercial deals. Does that about sum it up?

View attachment 2781

World class businessman tbh

Toby

No longer a Stuttgart Fan

Then you need to shield the game from investment at all. It's a more romantic but even more "extreme" measure than 50+1

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

Yeah there’s nothing wrong with an owner that wants a return on investment eventually, in some ways it’s better than an emotional fan

Here’s an example:
Football is an incredibly emotional game, and one of the biggest problems that some club owners seem to have after getting involved is that they stop thinking like successful businessmen, ignore the methods and principles that made them a fortune in the first place, and allow their heart to rule their head, leading to knee-jerk decisions and, more often than not, an awful lot of money being wasted.

When Queens Park Rangers lost their opening match of the 2012-13 Premier League season 5-0 at home against Swansea City, Tony Fernandes panicked and came to the conclusion after 90 minutes of football that he needed to bring in a new goalkeeper immediately. “In an emotional overreaction, I signed Julio Cesar from Inter Milan, which was a disaster because we should have stood by Rob (Green).”

The problem is the Kroenkes, not shrewd business people in general, let’s not be blinded by romanticism here.

For all the flak the Kroenkes are getting, their hands off approach would have been perfect if we had the right people in charge instead of egomaniacs/parasites.

Last edited:

Macho

In search of Pure Profit 💸
Dusted 🔻

I hope Tim Payton hasn’t used AST to worm their way into a seat on the board though.

Arrogance to think they are the right people to know what’s best and have such a say on things, there’s no point ousting out Kroenke just to invite some others that might sheg.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
Ek would give us Abramovich vibes but without the financial backing. However we have less debt than nearly every single big club in world football. When things go back to normal in terms of fans in stadiums we have an insane revenue stream.

Whilst the financial backing is nice, and I'm sure initially we would get a cash pump, it isnt the most important thing long term and it doesn't make a difference to us due to how much money the club generates by itself.

This immense pressure only has two outcomes in my opinion. Kroenke's sell to Ek or Kroenke's spend a lot of money this summer to appease fans.

Latest posts+

Top Bottom