• ! ! ! IMPORTANT MESSAGE ! ! !

Discussions about police investigations

In light of recent developments about a player from Premier League being arrested and until there is an official announcement, ALL users should refrain from discussing or speculating about situations around personal off-pitch matters related to any Arsenal player. This is to protect you and the forum.

Users who disregard this reminder will be issued warnings and their posts will get deleted from public.

Mikel Arteta: Aston La Vista To The Title?

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
I’ve never understood this statement. Just because Arteta never directly bought some of these players doesn’t mean they’re not his. I think most of us would agree Xhaka was Emery’s player. Did he sign him? No but he relied on him. Look at the recent decisions that Arteta has been involved in.

Kept Xhaka when he tried to go to Hertha Berlin.
Brought back Eddie on loan and didn’t wanna sell him in January
Signed Willian, Cedric and Mari
Brought back Elneny
Gave Martinelli, Auba, Balogun, and Holding new contracts
Bought Gabriel, Runnarson and Partey.
Loaned in Ødegaard
Sent Willock, Torreira and Guendouzi out on loan
Not used Nelson
Sold Martinez
Cancelled Özil, Sokratis, Mustafi and Kolasanic contracts.
I’ve tried to remain objective but as you can see, Arteta has been involved in some positives and negatives. But overall this is very much HIS squad.

Said this multiple times but anyone that says this hasn't got a clue.

In Klopps first full season was Moreno his left back because he didn't have the funds to do everything he wanted in one summer?

How about Lovren? Was he Klopps CB because he couldn't shift the players he wanted to sign others?

The logic that a player MUST be the managers choice because they either can't get rid of them or they don't have the funds to replace them is horrific.

Yes Willian, Cedric and Mari were signed, but once again these are stop gap signings due to us not having the funds to do everything we needed/wanted last summer. That isn't Arteta's fault.

THIS summer is when the squad will be his, there's absolutely no excuses after that point. But right now? No, absolutely not, you cannot have "your squad" with so many forced upon you due to lack of funds.

Weliveinacrazyworld

A very, very well known member

In Klopps first full season was Moreno his left back because he didn't have the funds to do everything he wanted in one summer?

How about Lovren? Was he Klopps CB because he couldn't shift the players he wanted to sign others?

The logic that a player MUST be the managers choice because they either can't get rid of them or they don't have the funds to replace them is horrific.

Yes Willian, Cedric and Mari were signed, but once again these are stop gap signings due to us not having the funds to do everything we needed/wanted last summer. That isn't Arteta's fault.

THIS summer is when the squad will be his, there's absolutely no excuses after that point. But right now? No, absolutely not, you cannot have "your squad" with so many forced upon you due to lack of funds.
You don’t reward a washed up Chelsea reject who’s supposed to be a stop gap signing with a 3-year deal on $200k per week, ffs.

Arteta Out.

HairSprayGooners

My brother posted it ⏩
You don’t reward a washed up Chelsea reject who’s supposed to be a stop gap signing with a 3-year deal on $200k per week, ffs.

Arteta Out.

He is on 100k a week. He also wasn't a washed up Chelsea reject, he was coming off the back of one of his best ever seasons for Chelsea. It hasn't worked out, get the **** over it.

scytheavatar

Established Member
Anyway, to suggest that the Özil situation was of Arteta's own making seems rather unfair at best and extremely inaccurate and unfair at worst. More accurate would be to say it was of Gazidis' and Raül's making primarily (for giving the contract and then hiring Em*ry), and Em*ry's secondarily.

It was 100% Wenger's fault and his cringy interview a while ago made it clear that he is rather unrepentant about it. That one when he talks about how modern football has kicked out players like Özil but then we still need to think of how to fit him into our team cause he's Özil.

• Dislike
Reactions: Kav

Iceman10

Established Member

Mari and Cedric were not stop gap signings. They were intended as long term squaddies, but maybe I'm in between the two of you on that. "Stop-gap" is suggestive of short-term signings that will soon be sold and replaced.

Willian was signed on a three year contract on the equivalent of 200k per week when including his signing bonus. That isn't a fit for the term "stop-gap" either, it was just stupid, but I see you are acknowledging it has proven to be a mistake in another comment above ("hasn't worked out"), so best for you to stick with that. In effect it is a signing where foolishness might lead one to think a budget is well managed, but it actually costs us a lot more in the long run than if we’d have bought a more appropriate long-term signing with increasing asset value.

This “stop-gap” excuse is poor also for Arteta in that he has praised Kroenke’s for support with transfers instead of pushing them fore more, such as through a loan, like with Liverpool. When he continually backs them up instead of pushing them he is just enabling them, so blame for “stop gap” signings, if that’s what you want to call them (inaccurately), part resides with Arteta himself.

Last edited:
Reactions: Kav

Atlas

Lost a sausage bet on Xhaka 😭
If your wife served you up a **** sandwich 6 days a week and on the 7th cooked you a half decent steak you wouldn't be putting her up for wife of the year nor putting her in for Master Chef.
Most Arsenal fans have never even tasted meat because we have never seen this club lift a European trophy of any sort. How would we be able to judge a half decent steak on its taste when we don’t even know what meat tastes like?

I would be very grateful to the person giving me my first taste instead of giving it the high nose because its supposedly only half decent. You guys talk like we are a big club in Europe when we are really a joke. No wonder the fans at other clubs call us delusional.

Blood on the Tracks

AG's best friend, role model and mentor.
Trusted ⭐

Player:Rice
Remember those debates we were having about the PL being at a low quality historically? :lol:

All English Champions League final.
All English Europa League final if we can sort ourselves out.

Not too shabby quality wise.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Most Arsenal fans have never even tasted meat because we have never seen this club lift a European trophy of any sort. How would we be able to judge a half decent steak on its taste when we don’t even know what meat tastes like?

I would be very grateful to the person giving me my first taste instead of giving it the high nose because its supposedly only half decent. You guys talk like we are a big club in Europe when we are really a joke. No wonder the fans at other clubs call us delusional.
We have seen our team win a league title undefeated and some of if not the best most attractive football in PL history. I'd say that's meat right there.

In reference to my point it was more directed at those who base their opinions on the one or two wins over United or Leicester but ignore the Everton, Wolves, Villa, Burnley, Fulham etc performances. I thought that was obvious.

We haven't won the EL yet so basing your idea on that is useless and trying to ignore the here and now for the what might be.

Atlas

We have seen our team win a league title undefeated and some of if not the best most attractive football in PL history. I'd say that's meat right there.

In reference to my point it was more directed at those who base their opinions on the one or two wins over United or Leicester but ignore the Everton, Wolves, Villa, Burnley, Fulham etc performances. I thought that was obvious.

We haven't won the EL yet so basing your idea on that is useless and trying to ignore the here and now for the what might be.
Having never seen the club win a trophy in Europe I’m not presuming anything. I’m not the one calling it half decent. I think as an Arsenal fan you have about as much business calling the EL a half decent trophy as a Sp**s fan would calling any trophy half decent.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Having never seen the club win a trophy in Europe I’m not presuming anything. I’m not the one calling it half decent. I think as an Arsenal fan you have about as much business calling the EL a half decent trophy as a Sp**s fan would calling any trophy half decent.
Again you clearly haven't understood my point. I even spelt it out for you in my last message.

Atlas

Again you clearly haven't understood my point. I even spelt it out for you in my last message.
I regarded it as irrelevant because my message is based on how it would be if we did win it, nothing to do with the fact that we have not or will not win it.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
I regarded it as irrelevant because my message is based on how it would be if we did win it, nothing to do with the fact that we have not or will not win it.
Well then you really shouldn't have responded to my comment if you are talking about something different. It isn't comparable.

What I know and what is fact today is the PL results so far. Those can't be argued or debated by Arteta inners.

Atlas

Well then you really shouldn't have responded to my comment if you are talking about something different. It isn't comparable.

What I know and what is fact today is the PL results so far. Those can't be argued or debated by Arteta inners.
Yet you were replying to a message which said “If we win the EL” when you made that comment and I’m going on that basis. If we win the EL as far as I’m concerned it wipes the slate clean for next season.

Jae

I like the geezer, I really do. I think he's been a mixed bag for us, some great work off the pitch in getting rid of some of our deadwood, some poor recruitment, a few great results, a few terrible results and everything in between has been thoroughly average.

I've sat on the fence a lot with him this season, I still don't think a lot of our players are good enough. But ultimately for me he's got 90 minutes tonight to save his job.

If anything I'm maybe a little bit bored of him. :lol: :facepalm: It's become stale already. Looks out of ideas.

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
Yet you were replying to a message which said “If we win the EL” when you made that comment and I’m going on that basis. If we win the EL as far as I’m concerned it wipes the slate clean for next season.
Almost every Arteta fan in this thread basis their opinion on "if he wins the EL".

Hence why in messages like the one I spelt out for you that my opinion on Arteta doesn't revolve around 1 or 2 matches in the EL.

I'm basing my opinion on everything. Especially the PL which is 38 games and a true indicator of progress. Not the lottery of the cup. And after last Thursdays shambles we are far from EL champions.

So if Arteta wins the EL to suit your narrative how long do you give him next season if his league form stays as it has the duration of his time at Arsenal? Until Christmas? Until the January window?

Personally I don't think we will win the EL after watching us struggling against Benfica and Villareal and in one match against Prague. Maybe you have been watching a different Arsenal to me though and you see something I don't.

Are you Arteta out if he doesn't win the Europa?

14Henry

Looking for receipts 👀
The sad thing is that Villarreal could have ended the tie in the game. We’re actually lucky to only be losing 2-1.
100%. Only for Emery being conservative and a very soft penalty Arteta fans would have nothing to cling on to.

I'm 100% for the team winning tonight and beating the most hated team in English football (from my perspective anyway). However I think it will be a bridge too far and we will be facing a monumental task to turn this around.

Had we been sitting 5th or 6th in the league the dependence on EL is less. It literally is success or absolute horrible failure.

Xln

Get me Jesus on the phone 📲

Arteta Out.
You only bark like this cause Willian isn't performing. If you watched any Chelsea game last season you would actually see why any coach would be interested in having him on a free.

Arsenal Quotes

I will sign every contract Arsenal put in front of me without reading it.

Tony Adams

Latest posts

Top Bottom